Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My DD 4 runner is out of commission for inspection sticker -rust. So we only have one 4dr sedan to get around in. We are expecting our first child in February. I'm buying the 2 door. We each are getting car seats. Hers clicks into a platform that stays in the backseat, and the car seat itself can be carried and clicked into a stroller. The car seat I will get is g to be more permanent and always left buckled in. Although slightly inconvenient, I'm still sticking with the 2 door. Gotta remember, the first 30 years of its life, the bronco has always been a 2 door. You can't drive from the backseat. And whoever's occasionally sitting back there probably didn't contribute a single dollar to the purchase so why should they get a say. If you want a4 door get a4 door. If you want a 2dr but on the fence because the 4 door has 4 doors, get the 2dr.
Sponsored

Ricepuddin

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 BMW 340i and 1998 bmw m3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When My oldest was in a rear facing seat, I use to take him around in my BRZ. If I can do that you can do it in a bronco.

That being said, I am going 4door. My newborn is 10lbs and my oldest who is two is taller than the 4 year olds at the play ground. The easier I can make it the better, especially since this will be my daily not my toy ( I have that also)

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My DD 4 runner is out of commission for inspection sticker -rust. So we only have one 4dr sedan to get around in. We are expecting our first child in February. I'm buying the 2 door. We each are getting car seats. Hers clicks into a platform that stays in the backseat, and the car seat itself can be carried and clicked into a stroller. The car seat I will get is g to be more permanent and always left buckled in. Although slightly inconvenient, I'm still sticking with the 2 door. Gotta remember, the first 30 years of its life, the bronco has always been a 2 door. You can't drive from the backseat. And whoever's occasionally sitting back there probably didn't contribute a single dollar to the purchase so why should they get a say. If you want a4 door get a4 door. If you want a 2dr but on the fence because the 4 door has 4 doors, get the 2dr.
I have 2 young ones and I think the only other challenge to consider that you may not be thinking about is that the car seats are rear facing for their first several years, so that may prove to be very difficult. Not saying it’s not doable though.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 2 young ones and I think the only other challenge to consider that you may not be thinking about is that the car seats are rear facing for their first several years, so that may prove to be very difficult. Not saying it’s not doable though.
Yep, we are aware that the seats will be rear facing. The broncos child seat will be behind the driver seat. The passenger seat slides forward farther than the drivers seat, so the baby will be loaded in from the passenger side. What's an extra 10' walk and 20 seconds when it already takes 5 minutes to get a to go bag packed and the little thing ready to go out the door?

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yea, by the time I get the Bronco my first will be two and able to face forward. My second will be about 6 months, I will use the seat that clicks into the base that stays in the car and can kind of gently "throw" that seat in the back. The time lapse between when the second goes into the bigger seat (still rear facing) and being able to sit forward i will have to ether struggle hard or just use my other vehicle when transporting them both before they are both forward facing.

Sponsored

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea, it's easy enough to install a car seat into the back of a 2-door, but people seem to forget that you have to get the kid in and out of the car seat until they're old enough to do it themselves; my daughter is 2 and can easily climb into the car seat herself, but buckling herself in safely is just not a thing she can do and probably won't be able to for a few more months.

So, just saying, I have a 4-door jeep and my sister has 2-door jeep, so I know both. I'll just say, even thinking about climbing in and out of the back of a 2-door to buckle/unbuckle my daughter multiple times every day would get old real fast. especially when she was very young and you had to be extra extra careful.

Also, my daughter is still rear-facing even though she's over 2. She's still short enough and under the weight limit to stay rear-facing, and most states want the kids that way as long as possible. It's not age really but height and weight that determine when to go forward-facing.

I would strongly, strongly recommend anyone with a young kid (0-3) to think very hard before getting a 2-door vehicle. You may think "eh, it'll be fine, they'll grow up fast enough and then it's no problem," but your patience and needs may not make it through those first few years.

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’d prefer a 2-door but am going with the 4-door not only for the ease of young kids going in and out, but if I want to take this on our vacations to the beach. Just not enough room in the 2. Don’t underestimate the amount of crap that you need to haul around for the wife and kids! Of course you can go roof or hitch rack too, but something like even a stroller that you may need to account for on a daily basis...

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All fair points to consider. As I have said in a past post I am known to torture myself so that i can enjoy other things. I just think I will enjoy the 2 door to much, I drive 130 miles a day, 10 of those miles are to daycare. Usually I drop the baby off and my wife picks here up. So for one in and out of the seat a day I think I can handle. For family trips I think we will use my wifes vehicle. When they are older hopefully we can use the bronco and throw all our crap on the roof and a hitch mount box. May be goofy but thats how I am. Maybe a 4dr Bronco for the wife down the road ?‍♂

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve got 2 kids 2 door isn’t even a consideration. It’s not even because the child seat to take up too much space. It’s just having to deal with putting them in the seat without 4 doors is miserable.

jimmy234

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
All fair points to consider. As I have said in a past post I am known to torture myself so that i can enjoy other things. I just think I will enjoy the 2 door to much, I drive 130 miles a day, 10 of those miles are to daycare. Usually I drop the baby off and my wife picks here up. So for one in and out of the seat a day I think I can handle. For family trips I think we will use my wifes vehicle. When they are older hopefully we can use the bronco and throw all our crap on the roof and a hitch mount box. May be goofy but thats how I am. Maybe a 4dr Bronco for the wife down the road ?‍♂

Absolutely your choice and all the luck to you. I know it's a looooong time off, but keep track of your experience and let us know how it goes if you do end up going with the 2-door. Might help some people who wait a year or two to buy and then have a similar decision to make.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have had to play around with baby seats and then just the booster seat as the grand kids have grow up. It’s absolutely torture to fish the seat belt thru the correct route and then click it in while standing outside the Jeep, and I have a 4 door. Maybe if you have dedicated baby seats that will not be shared with another vehicle you save a lot of frustration.

You will absolutely have to be a contortionist to be able to bend your body around the Two dr opening and snake your child’s around the seat to get them into it. I would not even think of a two door for the getting little ones in the baby seat.

Very simple for you to get real answer to your question. Go to the local Jeep dealer and just try to get the baby seat and baby properly loaded up In a two door. You will not like it and you will have your answer. Just tell the salesman your considering a 2dr and want to see what it’s like.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely your choice and all the luck to you. I know it's a looooong time off, but keep track of your experience and let us know how it goes if you do end up going with the 2-door. Might help some people who wait a year or two to buy and then have a similar decision to make.
I definitely will

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watching people worry over kids and car seats in a 2DR Bronco, when I did it in a Mustang..... :LOL:

Anything can be done if you are determined.

OP
OP
drive21bronco

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m definitely going for it.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dropping my little one off a school every morning in our Mustang is a pain in the balls. Then there is camping, I am not buying a Bronco just to be forced into taking the Explorer camping because it actually has decent room for more kit.

4 door it is.
Sponsored