Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know these kind of threads have been beat to death, but with the way builds are going, my early 7/14 reservation doesn’t seem to mean dick, so I’m considering going another direction and waiting for the 22 Mansquatch instead of my non sas BD I’ve had on order. Just weighing out the differences between the 2 and looking for anything I may miss.

mansquatch vs BD
4.7 ratio vs 4.46
Front & rear locker vs rear only
35” with better suspension setup
220 axle vs the smaller 210

I’ll be giving up the extra armor, mgv interior and rubber floors, but oh well. I’ll add the bd bumper and at least get front bash plates. Anyone think of anything else I may be missing? At this point I’ll be lucky for an oct/nov delivery at best, what’s a couple more months to be able to add Mansquatch. By my math, I’ll actually be cheaper than my BD build. Just trying to decide what to do, not that I want to wait that much longer, but wth 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I know these kind of threads have been beat to death, but with the way builds are going, my early 7/14 reservation doesn’t seem to mean dick, so I’m considering going another direction and waiting for the 22 Mansquatch instead of my non sas BD I’ve had on order. Just weighing out the differences between the 2 and looking for anything I may miss.

mansquatch vs BD
4.7 ratio vs 4.46
Front & rear locker vs rear only
35” with better suspension setup
220 axle vs the smaller 210

I’ll be giving up the extra armor, mgv interior and rubber floors, but oh well. I’ll add the bd bumper and at least get front bash plates. Anyone think of anything else I may be missing? At this point I’ll be lucky for an oct/nov delivery at best, what’s a couple more months to be able to add Mansquatch. By my math, I’ll actually be cheaper than my BD build. Just trying to decide what to do, not that I want to wait that much longer, but wth 🤷🏼‍♂️
Do you have confidence at this point a ManSquatch will actually happen in '22? Given the utter cluster this launch has been I would not count on anything Ford tells us. I like the idea though. I have a 4dr BD Manual -non SAS building this week ( I hope), and I definitely want to go at least 33", but by the time I add spacers, and think about the cost, I keep finding myself right back to the SAS specs. I'm a little nervous putting 35's on that 210 Axle. So I totally get your logic. Plus let them work out all the kinks with the tops, the leaks, whistling, etc....not a bad idea. I may 99 my original order to wait and see what MY22 has to offer but I will have this other Bronco to hold me over. I just couldn't take waiting at the top of the steps for XMAS morning any longer...so I caved and bought the "hold me over" unit.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And that’s the big rub…. I’d it still gonna be available for 22? Only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Waiting to see what my salesman says when he emails me back.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remember what happened to mod tops that were supposed to be MY22… At this point I have little confidence that mansquatch would be available next year. My thinking is that Ford is just trying to get out from under the massive backlog as soon as possible. Could be wrong though.

Either way, MY22 order banks are supposed to open 9/13?, so in a little over a month you’ll know if it’s avail for ordering. They could always pull the “late availability MY22” thing though.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apparently, short of canceling and starting over again, @Ford Motor Company wont let dealers do any sort of adjustment to priority now. Another great moved in the worst botched launch to date..

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Great way to show customer appreciation to a reservation holder from the very beginning. I swear this is turning into one continuous kick to the knackers. Real ouchie, bro.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you go base, you lose the ability to get the Mid package which is a great value. Maybe you don't care about those gizmos anyway, but man the mid package is nice.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you go base, you lose the ability to get the Mid package which is a great value. Maybe you don't care about those gizmos anyway, but man the mid package is nice.
I’d love the mid, but they don’t offer it with 7mt other than badlands, so it’s a non starter for me anyways.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really wanted the bigger screen and 360 cameras. But stepping up from a base is way over budget. Trying to keep it as cheap as possible but still get the 2.7 and Sasquatch pkg. I’d have to lose both to upgrade but stay in the same price range. REALLY wanted the 360 cameras though.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same position as the OP, except my current order is a 2 door Badlands with high package for $47K. Before the push to 2022 kick in the nads I was thinking about changing my order to a 2 door base to save $17K. The prospect of a Mansquatch caused me to put in a second reservation this month. My thought being I could buy the base on my original reservation, then sell it when the Mansquatch arrives on #2. If I can go straight to Mansquatch in 2022 I may just drop the second reservation.

The base is a great value.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Base manual sasquatch best value best hardware for the buck,if it really happens.

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Base manual sasquatch best value best hardware for the buck,if it really happens.
By all accounts the last few days it is coming (but so is Christmas, right?), biggest thing at this point is if they limit it to badlands like everything else. It is going to be far and away best bang for the buck if they keep it open to base. I’ve never had the ridiculous creature comforts on any of my jeeps, so it’s not like I’ll miss them anyway. But to have a factory setup on 35’s with lockers and gears, you can’t beat the price. Window tint for the rear and some sort of winch mount once aftermarket has something fit mod bumper, I’m good for quite a while. Looks like I’m losing my color for 22 though, have to see what they make available for the base. Not exactly digging the cop car blue yet.
Sponsored