First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I had been planning a 4 door but now I am leaning 2 dr. I am having some concerns though. It has a fairly short wheel base and high center of gravity. Is the 2 dr going to be a bit unstable at highway speeds? More prone to flipping? Assuming the 4 dr will have a smoother ride?
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It will be fine. You'll get some hop from highway expansion joints because of the short wheelbase. Stability will be higher with the 4 door but won't be bad with the 2 door. I drove a CJ7 for many years with a modest lift and 33" tires. Lots on the highway. Not a big deal and its suspension was crap compared to the Bronco.

Oh and the '75 Bronco in the garage has over 200k miles, most on the highway. Drove fine for all those years and it is almost exactly the same wheelbase as the 2 door.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've thought about that as well. For my uses I'm getting a 4 door but it is pretty much certain it'll ride better and more stable at higher speeds than a 2 door. The same reason why an ATV is dangerous over 30/40mpg on hardball.

No one knows yet for the new Bronco but maybe someone here can share their experience with a similar situation on a truck perhaps of a short wheel base versus long wheel base. I've driven such but didn't notice much difference. But the short wheel base was still longer than the Broncos will be.

I will say that if you swap wheels to make sure to keep them tucked in similar to the stock wheels or you'll only be making the problem worse for a stability at speed.

I can also say that if Ford released the 2 door with some sort of death wobble or other handling deficiency, it could nearly kill the model despite the popularity. That being said I think there's a 2% chance something like that will happen for obvious reasons!

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've done extensive high speed driving on rural areas of I-5. The 2dr is a blast at speed, 80, 90, 100, it's rock solid. And remember, real Broncos didn't have four doors. The only drawback to the 2dr is the smaller 16 gallon tank.

Sponsored

The Beaz

First Edition
First Name
Shad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The 4dr drives and handles very smooth, and dampens the rough roads at medium-high speed. At highway speeds, they handle about the same, though the 2dr is just a bit more rough. The 2dr handles like a go-cart on the trails, and is just a bit more zippy, much more fun to drive than the 4dr, but storage can be an issue if you need a lot of interior cargo space, or have long items, i.e. skis, poles, etc.

I have not yet ran into a situation where the 2dr felt unsafe or unstable in on-road conditions, with just over 30k miles to date.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had both in SAS packages. The 2 door has a quicker steering feel. It is a shorter wheel base, so of course you will feel the second bump quicker as it goes from front to rear wheels. But, it handles and rides as well as the 4 door. After owning many CJ's, I am blown away by how well this thing handles and rides. You will not be disappointed in either choice. I wouldn't give up my 2 door for another 4 door, period.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The two door is very stable on the highway. No issues. You can point and squirt in traffic in situations u wouldn’t do with the moredoor.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wife had a basic Big Bend 4-door, where as I have a Badlands 2-door. The Badlands is night and day better riding than the 4-door ever hoped to be. The Hitachi shocks just ride rougher and no extra wheelbase will fix that.

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have both the 2door and four door blackdiamond same wheels,tires ect. Only difference is one is a 2.3 the other is 2.7. They both ride well. The 4 door is a slightly better ride but dont let that stop you. If you dont need the room get the 2door.

Sponsored

LĂšĂČn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove to florida and back (1000 miles each way), drive all over, got almost 32k miles in 17 months and no complaints, though Id like to try the oem rear sway bar out

Even my friends with JKU’s like my 2dr over their jeeps, and again, cant compare it to a 4dr, but its solid and tossable

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2 door Badsquatch and was surprised how stable it is compared to my 2, 2 door Jeeps and was even more impressed that the 4 door I had at OffRodeo felt virtually the same.
I'm also impressed with how NOT top heavy it feels, even with my RTT!

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The two door is very stable on the highway. No issues. You can point and squirt in traffic in situations you wouldn’t do with the moredoor.
This.

I was surprised at what a good ride my 2-door Sasquatch has on the freeway. The wheelbase isn't that much shorter than on my other two cars.

And I'm pretty sure the 2-door is quite a bit easier to turn around when you end up somewhere like this with a snow drift blocking the road and you don't want to back it up for half a mile until you get to a wide spot.
PXTZc84.jpg

Mikey1287

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 72 Mach, 03 Mach, 69 Mach, 08 Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The two door is very stable on the highway. No issues. You can point and squirt in traffic in situations u wouldn’t do with the moredoor.
This and you will love the turning radius!

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I love how people are responding to a 2.5 year old thread like OP is still making up his mind at this point
Sponsored