Sponsored

2" Factory Lift - Tire and Wheel change at delivery?

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anyone ever replace their wheels and tires immediately at the dealership? Do they give a credit for trading in the unused factory wheels and tires? Like if we go with the 2" lift and want to go to 37" tires (and possibly new rims) would the dealership credit you for the standard wheels and tires (in this case the 17" beadlocks and 35"'s)?
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great question. I’m not sure but I assume they would if they were setup to re-sell them

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone ever replace their wheels and tires immediately at the dealership? Do they give a credit for trading in the unused factory wheels and tires? Like if we go with the 2" lift and want to go to 37" tires (and possibly new rims) would the dealership credit you for the standard wheels and tires (in this case the 17" beadlocks and 35"'s)?
I have had a dealer put ‘13 wheels and tires on my ‘12 gt500 when I requested new tires with the deal. Apparently they had a 13 with an airbag recall that needed to be fixed, so instead of installing brand new tires, they just gave me the entire wheel and tire set up from the ‘13 that had 90% tread left. I feel they would be able to utilize the bronco wheel and tire with a used vehicle they are selling if the buyer requests a better tire with the deal??‍♂

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes Ive swapped out my wheels and tires before leaving a jeep dealership however, i brought the new wheels, tires and jack in my truck (did the swap myself) and had a buyer lined up for the oem wheels/tires with 12 miles on them. Dealership was only going to offer me $200 per corner and I had to buy my new wheels/tires from them. I sold them for $1400.

Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We have tried multiple times (we put aggressive all terrain almost mud terrain tires on our work trucks) The dealer considers them used and a liability, so does the independent tire dealer.

You would do better on your own.

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes Ive swapped out my wheels and tires before leaving a jeep dealership however, i brought the new wheels, tires and jack in my truck (did the swap myself) and had a buyer lined up for the oem wheels/tires with 12 miles on them. Dealership was only going to offer me $200 per corner and I had to buy my new wheels/tires from them. I sold them for $1400.
Ok, so basically they may severely low ball on the offer. Better to plan on letting them do the 2" lift(That way its covered under warranty), then buying the new tires and rims aftermarket and trying to sell the existing tires and rims on my own (Craiglist, etc..)?

Mke_80

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They may give you credits for the tire, for sure it would be at the cost price for them. So they can still make money selling them to someone else, this being said since not all dealers have a huge truck market and some don't have place to store many tires they just tell you to sell them yourself and you would make more money anyways.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
not at the dealer, but had new wheels/tires waiting at my house and changed them as soon as I got home. I always keep the stock wheels so when I sell it, put the stock wheels back on.

In the Broncos case most of the factory wheels are .5 to 1 inch narrower than what you would want for different tires

Sponsored

bobbleheadguru

Base
First Name
Farris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Seems like there is a market for those getting monster truck wheels/tires buyers to sell their stock 33s to me, the 30 inch base model buyer. I have 2 sets of wheels for my mustang and I love having two different looks.

Last edited:

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I apologize if this has been asked before but, Is the factory 2" lift body or suspension?

OP
OP
xXChartmanXx

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I apologize if this has been asked before but, Is the factory 2" lift body or suspension?
Not sure we know yet. Do not think anyone has gotten a shot of the lift on the 2 door mule. Also not sure if that would be the final product or something they slapped together for the mule from existing parts.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If the dealer does the change, make sure you ask for the "take off" parts. I'm not sure about a credit, but you can definitely sell them yourself.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Depending on what tires come on it, Discount Tire will give you credit.
Sponsored