Sponsored

2 inch rough country spacer lift: good or bad idea?

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure a two inch spacer lift matters in reality for the Bronco as I believe it was built with the intention of it to be able to be lifted 2 inches with stock upper and lower control arms and factory CV Joints. OTHERWISE, Ford Performance teamed with Bilstein, would not be coming out (expected release in June) with a 2 inch lift that uses a fat mono tube shock with Sasquatch springs, no other components, to my knowledge.

I think a 2 inch spacer or less is probable within the normal operation criteria, set and tested by Ford. Dunno, maybe I’m crazy 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

Taltyman

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

We put a RC lift (not spacers) on our 2016 Rubicon shortly after we bought it. It lasted for a few years but really got unstable. So we changed it out with a Terraflex lift a few months ago and replaced most of the rest of the suspension stuff at that time. We off-road in Colorado about 4 weeks every year so our use is different than yours. I'm not a fan of spacers of any manufacturer and I'm not a fan of RC lifts but if that's all you can afford I would think you are good to go.

acroley

Big Bend
First Name
Arvil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

its not the lift itself im worried about. I have read about the weak cv joint and dont know if that was going to be an issue or not.
I used the rough country 2” lift on my 21 BB over a year ago and have had zero issues. I’ve dealt with them for years and yes, their quality control issues of the past are well known. But over the last few years the quality has definitely improved. I don’t do any hardcore off-roading, maybe some mudding on occasion. I’m running 35s and love the look the lift gives me.

tblock

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Installed 2 Inch Ready lift. I have Sas take off rims and 35 yoko tires.. I honestly think it rides better now... I would get some bump stear with tire and wheels minus lift ...
Sponsored