Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am putting 35's on and a 2" lift kit...do i need to due any other mods to the suspension and if not are there any
negatives to doing this. From what I have seen on this forum it seems like this is a pretty common task.

thanks for listening

cr
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You'll be just fine. I would recommend looking into stronger tie rods if you off road hard, but if not you'll be fine.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
youre changing the stock geometry. 2 inch isnt much but its changing geometry. Ford could deny a warranty claim if you break axle etc. Wouldnt stop me but it could happen.

OP
OP
bikearch

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

youre changing the stock geometry. 2 inch isnt much but its changing geometry. Ford could deny a warranty claim if you break axle etc. Wouldnt stop me but it could happen.
Thanks!....I probably won't let it stop me either!

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know you don't have to lift it to fit 35s if you use the proper offset wheels (and remove the crash bars) right?
Just making sure.

This is my wife's '22 BB - We drove it straight from the dealer, to my shop, removed crash bars, loaded up wheels / tires and then drove straight to get them installed.
6K+ miles on it. It's my wife's daily. Zero issues, no scrub, no rub (even under hard compression).

Ford Bronco 2" Lift Kit for 2021 4dr badlands non sasquatch 2.3l at new shoes1

Sponsored
OP
OP
bikearch

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes you are correct in that you can swap out 33's for 35's without doing a lift but I do not to have to remove the crash bars plus my friends bronco has 35's with a 2" lift and i will be dammed if his bronk is taller than my bronko_O

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes you are correct in that you can swap out 33's for 35's without doing a lift but I do not to have to remove the crash bars plus my friends bronco has 35's with a 2" lift and i will be dammed if his bronk is taller than my bronko_O
Fair Enough.
FYI - factory Sasquatch Broncos come off the assembly line without the crashbars.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know you don't have to lift it to fit 35s if you use the proper offset wheels (and remove the crash bars) right?
Just making sure.

This is my wife's '22 BB - We drove it straight from the dealer, to my shop, removed crash bars, loaded up wheels / tires and then drove straight to get them installed.
6K+ miles on it. It's my wife's daily. Zero issues, no scrub, no rub (even under hard compression).

new shoes1.jpeg
Hey @ctandc, I was going to buy new wheels n tires for my badlands. I want to go to 35's as well but the factory badlands wheels are growing on me. Do you know if the factory wheel offset is enough to go to 35's without spacers? I started looking thru the forum but have not found the answer yet. I do not have hard off-roading plans - not yet anyway
cheers

Edit: Naturally right after I posted my question I may have found my answer. Seems like the offset is an issue. If you have any comments please feel free to chime in

Last edited:

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that have installed spacer lifts on their non-sasquatch Badlands, have you had any issues with the upper control arm/ball joint contacting the coil spring at full droop?

Thanks

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just making sure.

new shoes1.jpeg
Looks great. What are your complete wheel and tire specs?

Sponsored

Kaydee21

Wildtrak
First Name
Khalil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just making sure.

Ford Bronco 2" Lift Kit for 2021 4dr badlands non sasquatch 2.3l at new shoes1
This is awesome. What are your exact wheel and tire specs?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those that have installed spacer lifts on their non-sasquatch Badlands, have you had any issues with the upper control arm/ball joint contacting the coil spring at full droop?

Thanks
Yes, mine does. Even with aftermarket upper control arms. The width of the factory springs is wider compared to aftermarket shocks.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey @ctandc, I was going to buy new wheels n tires for my badlands. I want to go to 35's as well but the factory badlands wheels are growing on me. Do you know if the factory wheel offset is enough to go to 35's without spacers? I started looking thru the forum but have not found the answer yet. I do not have hard off-roading plans - not yet anyway
cheers

Edit: Naturally right after I posted my question I may have found my answer. Seems like the offset is an issue. If you have any comments please feel free to chime in
I believe that you can use the factory Badlands wheels with 35" tires but you'll have to keep the width to 11 - 11.5" so they don't rub the upper control arm. Plus they won't poke out from under the flares and look like they don't fit. Toyo has the size you need in a C rating. I plan on going this route after my KO2's wear out. I really like the BFG's but I don't want 10 plies when I switch.

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, mine does. Even with aftermarket upper control arms. The width of the factory springs is wider compared to aftermarket shocks.
Thank you. I actually just ditched the spacer lift this past weekend and went with the Eibach coilovers. No more contact. At the max height setting, and the upgraded springs in front, I can clear, and stuff, my 37” KO2s

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you. I actually just ditched the spacer lift this past weekend and went with the Eibach coilovers. No more contact. At the max height setting, and the upgraded springs in front, I can clear, and stuff, my 37” KO2s
Nice. I see a Bronco at work with 37's, and it's awesome. Did you modify the steering any?
Sponsored