Sponsored

2" Lift with Aftermarket Wheels and 33" Tires???? Anyone?

BoatMan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been watching the forums closely to see if anyone took a stock Big Bend, Base, Outer Banks, etc. and added a 2" lift and 33" tires. So far, I haven't seen one. I know everyone says to get the Sasquatch package, but my focus is on power to weight which makes a big difference in how fun the Bronco will be to drive. My Bronco (on the forever order list) is going to spend 90% or more of its time on the road. Going Sasquatch adds 200lbs in weight +/_ and the larger 35" tires are going to make it slower so to speak.

I ordered a Big Bend with a 2.3 and manual transmission. With a programmer, I figured I can get it to the 340-350hp mark and end up with a fun daily driver. Currently, I'm driving a highly under-rated 2018 Honda Accord 2.0 Sport with a 6 speed manual. It has a 252hp 4 cylinder turbo engine and weighs in at 3300# dry. The thing is a BLAST to drive. I'm doubt that I can duplicate this, but I do know that a 5100lb Bronco is going to be less nimble and fun to drive than a 4600lb rig. If anything, I'm hoping to find ways to cut that weight down even further.

Would love to hear your thoughts....
Sponsored

Last edited:

broncbeau

Big Bend
First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Just put 33s on it. It doesn't need a lift.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you are putting 33's and a 2" lift on an suv and looking to protect the power to weight ratio. you are doing it wrong. if on road performance is what you are going for, first start looking at light weight wheels and tires. no go bigger. look at fibreglass hood and fenders (when they are released) and drop all skid plates. otherwise, just add power to the 2.3 and keep rotating mass low. might not get that lifted 4x4 look but it's a give and take. also expect much more body roll with a lift.
Sponsored