Sponsored

2 Reservations Screwed - Unable to Order (Love the Bronco, but Ford seems incompetent)

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am currently in week 2 of waiting for Ford to change my "in-store" order over to a new dealer. I was told to create a new reservation and they would move my Day 1 timestamp over to this new reservation. Hopefully the switch will occur in another week or so. I am saving $2k by switching to a different dealer. It's stupid how the dealer can lock up your reservation. This is why the Tesla model of ordering is the future. Order online, price is set, no negotiation, schedule the pickup and you are done.
$2K off MSRP or ADM?
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

$2k off the other deal. One deal was invoice and the new deal is 3% under invoice. New deal is $55,737 and previous deal was quoted at $57,753 for Badlands, SAS, Lux, Bback painted hard top, tow package. Prices are without tax and tags.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
You will not find a registered dealer who will not collect said tax from you if you take delivery in-state. PERIOD. You can try and gamble your way around this but a dealer is obligated by law to collect sales tax for a vehicle purchase with delivery taking place in the state. Many dealers have arrangements in place to take delivery over a state line or will help arrange a transport delivery service to effect transporting the vehicle to your home out of state.

For example, this took me two seconds to find one...

https://www.sunnyvalevw.com/purchasing-a-vehicle-for-use-outside-ca.htm

I have worked with dealerships in my area that have made many arrangements for delivery of a vehicle in Tahoe on the Nevada side for just this purpose. There is nothing "not quite true" unless you are dealing with a dealer who wants to risk their business in the state. But, hey, as we know, many dealers are not exactly above board in their practices...
I bought a new 4Dr Jeep Wrangler Rubicon from a California dealer (L.A. area) over the phone. I had a truck pick it up and delivered to Texas. They shipped with the Certificate of Origin and I registered bin TX. Did NOT have to pay CA sales tax.

Husker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
$2k off the other deal. One deal was invoice and the new deal is 3% under invoice. New deal is $55,737 and previous deal was quoted at $57,753 for Badlands, SAS, Lux, Bback painted hard top, tow package. Prices are without tax and tags.
I'm talking to my dealer today! I may have to change to a different one!

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I bought a new 4Dr Jeep Wrangler Rubicon from a California dealer (L.A. area) over the phone. I had a truck pick it up and delivered to Texas. They shipped with the Certificate of Origin and I registered bin TX. Did NOT have to pay CA sales tax.
This is exactly as I indicated...you did not take delivery in the state, therefore, no tax...

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm having the same problem in Arizona. 2 dealers basically not answering my emails, not available on the phone, not seeming interested in converting my order. Though one said it's MSRP or the highway. Still trying to get the other to return my emails and calls. Have not converted yet, but getting to the point I'm going to have to go in and waste a few hours in a live setting.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm talking to my dealer today! I may have to change to a different one!
It's alot of money when you load up the Badlands. It's gotta be $4k or more below MSRP. That's huge savings.

OP
OP
Cheshire

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exactly as I indicated...you did not take delivery in the state, therefore, no tax...
No, that is not correct. The driver of the truck was my agent taking possession of the vehicle for me. I had signed the purchase contract and paid the money and the dealer gave the vehicle and the keys to my agent. That is taking delivery.

Taxes are paid when the vehicle is registered. You can, and many people do, take delivery of their vehicles before having them registered.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, that is not correct. The driver of the truck was my agent taking possession of the vehicle for me. I had signed the purchase contract and paid the money and the dealer gave the vehicle and the keys to my agent. That is taking delivery.

Taxes are paid when the vehicle is registered. You can, and many people do, take delivery of their vehicles before having them registered.
well, you do you. I have lived in this god forsaken state since 1986 and I can assure you, your scenario is not taking delivery in state. Look at my link I posted for a clearer explanation. There is a reason people look at California and go,”what the ...” this is but one.
Sponsored