Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
why does the average mpg gauge only go up to 40 mpg? How are we supposed to know what our average is when we start cruising on the highway?
Probably because the only way you'd get near 40 mpg is to drive with the engine off.

Sponsored

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Small turbo engines tend to get MPG that vary depending on how you drive.

Slow and steady you can get some really good numbers. If you lay into the boost all the time it will use a lot more gas to make all that power.

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Revisited BN's older videos because I remember seeing different settings On the gauge..

So the secondary portion on the right CAN become the bigger more prominent window and there seems to be 7 different view options but not quite clear what 'calibration' can be done like adding a tachometer.

But here's a link, starts at 6:25

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event 1617699428674

I highly doubt gas will hit $5 anytime soon. It's currently averaging $2.87 a gallon.

As for the MPG shown, 20 MPG is exactly what I expected with the 2.7L in the bronco given the F-150 numbers. I was guessing 19 city/ 23 highway.
It's expected to go higher as the demand started to going up, Texas refinery were impacted by the winter storm and also because we need to buy crude to other countries while the US companies ramp up the production for those refineries that were knock down for not having demand during the pandemic. So yes, you might see a $3-$4 national average during this year but next year should go down again.

Sponsored

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello again :)
While viewing Broncos in San Diego, I messed with the cluster to see what's there, it was cool but I couldn't help to not notice the 20.1 Average MPG!
While I have no idea how the car was driven but I am guessing no one bothered to reset it.
This

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event 1617699428674

I understand that mileage is not a concern for a lot of people, but where I live, we will hit $5 very soon, having a decent 20 mpg is nice to have specially for someone like me who does 1500+ miles per month.

flat-towed to the dealership

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While viewing Broncos in San Diego, I messed with the cluster to see what's there, it was cool but I couldn't help to not notice the 20.1 Average MPG!
While I have no idea how the car was driven but I am guessing no one bothered to reset it.
This

Interior (16).jpg

Interior (15).jpg

I understand that mileage is not a concern for a lot of people, but where I live, we will hit $5 very soon, having a decent 20 mpg is nice to have specially for someone like me who does 1500+ miles per month.
This

how is 20 MPG decent ,that sucks