MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's expected to go higher as the demand started to going up, Texas refinery were impacted by the winter storm and also because we need to buy crude to other countries while the US companies ramp up the production for those refineries that were knock down for not having demand during the pandemic. So yes, you might see a $3-$4 national average during this year but next year should go down again.
Summer gas blends always cost more than winter, prices tend to rise in the spring as the switchover from winter to summer happens. Sure there may be other factors involved, but not surprising by the recent increases.

how is 20 MPG decent ,that sucks
For a Prius, yes it sucks. For a brick on wheels, that's pretty decent.

My 2018 BMW330i has averaged just 26.x mpg in the 2 or so years i've had it...not that impressive either, but it's damn fun to drive. If i neuter it and drive in Eco Pro mode, i can barely get 6% more...28.x mpg.
Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am hoping for in the 20's. My 2019 Silverado gets 24 MPG average with a 5.3 and my 97 TJ with the tractor4.0 engine gets 16 with a tail wind. I at least hope it's better than the TJ as it costs me a fair amount driving it to work versus the Silverado, 80 mile round trip every day. And I retire in 3 years and I expect the Bronco to be my very last vehicle. I will have a very limited budget and be working part time at a parts store or be a clerk somewhere earning minimum wage just to cover gas and car insurance! So 16 MPG is not going to work!

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.
Yup, the instrument display is about the only thing on the Bronco I'm not a fan of. I'd have been happy with normal analog gauges and maybe have things like you're pressures be displayed on the center dash screen. So long as the instrument display isn't laggy like in some of the pre-production vehicles it'll look okay.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet gas is at least $7.00 a gallon in California by late summer 2022.
absolutely, it will. I guess there are folks who have forgotten the sting of expensive energy prices and needed a reminder. I have a feeling a big ole smack to the wallet will be coming by next summer and it's going to be UGLY.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

flat-towed to the dealership
They are not being flat-towed. They were driven from Chicago to California. Sean and his wife shot some video of them taking a break in Utah during their travels.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

absolutely, it will. I guess there are folks who have forgotten the sting of expensive energy prices and needed a reminder. I have a feeling a big ole smack to the wallet will be coming by next summer and it's going to be UGLY.
Especially if they get rid of the billions in oil subsidies like they are talking about.

flamingoezz

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC60
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A bit...the bronco main screen bothers me more. My 4 year old volvo infotainment is so clean looking. Makes the bronco look like junk. Does anyone know when they move to sync 5 or whatever iteration is next, will the infotainment get updated on our bronco's (fonts, layout)?

Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.

Sponsored

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm so thankful discussion of the instrument cluster came up - After seeing the MPG wasn't 12, I was worried people would run out of things to complain about! Crisis averted!

(Seriously - I can't figure out why some of you even want a Bronco. I suggest waiting until 2022 or later to see if they update the gauge cluster. Still time to cancel!)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm gonna plead to my employer to continue letting us work from home!

Namrekcad

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota, xt4, Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand that mileage is not a concern for a lot of people, but where I live, we will hit $5 very soon, having a decent 20 mpg is nice to have specially for someone like me who does 1500+ miles per month.
Wow 1,500 month
Not sure why you would buy any new car and drive it that much.

Better off buying a beater for work and save bronco for weekends.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm so thankful discussion of the instrument cluster came up - After seeing the MPG wasn't 12, I was worried people would run out of things to complain about! Crisis averted!

(Seriously - I can't figure out why some of you even want a Bronco. I suggest waiting until 2022 or later to see if they update the gauge cluster. Still time to cancel!)
Haha. I wasn't gonna say anything because I didn't want to hurt feelings or appear as a complainer. But from the start I've always felt the interior of the big Bronco is the weak link out of quite an impressive overall package (especially when comparing to the Bronco sports nice interior)

There's always room for improvement, somewhere. Wouldn't you agree?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A bit...the bronco main screen bothers me more. My 4 year old volvo infotainment is so clean looking. Makes the bronco look like junk. Does anyone know when they move to sync 5 or whatever iteration is next, will the infotainment get updated on our bronco's (fonts, layout)?
Sync 4 is brand new. Bronco is one of the first vehicles to feature it. (Also 2021 F150 and MachE).

I suspect it will be quite some time before we even start hearing about a Synch5
Sponsored