Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello again :)
While viewing Broncos in San Diego, I messed with the cluster to see what's there, it was cool but I couldn't help to not notice the 20.1 Average MPG!
While I have no idea how the car was driven but I am guessing no one bothered to reset it.
This

Edit: Non Sasquatch 4 Door

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event Interior (16)

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event Interior (15)

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event Exterior (25)

I understand that mileage is not a concern for a lot of people, but where I live, we will hit $5 very soon, having a decent 20 mpg is nice to have specially for someone like me who does 1500+ miles per month.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Someone on the Cali Roadshow circuit needs to spy the mpg on the manual CG BD.

Moparguy, just said that the CG BD is off limits. But Otto is part of the traveling roadshow representing the faux flannel nation and he is the driver. Someone just needs to social engineer the situation and coax him into the driver's seat to serve as a visual gauge for photos. While he is in the driver's seat, ask questions that require him to start the vehicle so that the MPG can be spied. It will be the first reveal of the 4-dr 2.3L manual fuel efficiency. I presume those that are buying the manual would be interested in the information.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.
I personally like it, however the newest car I owned in the last 5 years was a 2016 Charger R/T so any cluster will be huge improvement from my 2013 Corvette or 2010 Miata :D

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does the gauge cluster look sort of outdated to anyone else? The more I see it the less I like it.
I hate the speedo. Just seems like they lost interest when they hit the gauge cluster.

Beezleboss

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very happy to see this. On one of the other dealership posts like a month ago, there seemed to be a BL with 2.7L having an 18.3 mpg average as well. Maybe that one experienced more off-roading? I’d say it’s safe to say that your OBX here probs stayed a bit more on the highway, but that’s nice to know. Probably expect 16-21 mpg? I am happy with that.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello again :)
While viewing Broncos in San Diego, I messed with the cluster to see what's there, it was cool but I couldn't help to not notice the 20.1 Average MPG!
While I have no idea how the car was driven but I am guessing no one bothered to reset it.
This

Ford Bronco 20.1 average MPG showing on a 2.7L Bronco Outer Banks at dealer event Exterior (25)

I understand that mileage is not a concern for a lot of people, but where I live, we will hit $5 very soon, having a decent 20 mpg is nice to have specially for someone like me who does 1500+ miles per month.
218 to E with a little less than 1/2 tank left.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Moparguy

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Someone on the Cali Roadshow circuit needs to spy the mpg on the manual CG BD.
They didn't let us touch the Black Diamonds, I would do the same If I could.

Check Engine light is on?
Car on ACC mode

We'll be paying a $5 national average before too long not just you bud.
:confused: We take the average to the moon! if the average is $5, CA would be $7.
I hope not my friend! that will be more than my Bronco payment in gas!

deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I personally like it, however the newest car I owned in the last 5 years was a 2016 Charger R/T so any cluster will be huge improvement from my 2013 Corvette or 2010 Miata :D
I'm coming from a 2015 Challenger and I love everything about the instrument cluster in it. Im just surprised they didn't integrate the things that they still have as physical lights, like the blinkers, check engine, etc. weren't integrated into the screen and the gear select lights already look super old to me and will look ancient 5 years down the road. Thankfully I'm getting a Manual so I don't have to worry about those at least.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm coming from a 2015 Challenger and I love everything about the instrument cluster in it. Im just surprised they didn't integrate the things that they still have as physical lights, like the blinkers, check engine, etc. weren't integrated into the screen and the gear select lights already look super old to me and will look ancient 5 years down the road. Thankfully I'm getting a Manual so I don't have to worry about those at least.
I feel like they left some things old looking to give them room for future year improvements
Sponsored