Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Accessories website is offering 20% on a single purchase up to $1k through end of May (Code: ACC20). I'd love to hear what ford accessories Bronco Owners have already ordered and would recommend. Here are some accessories I've installed and my thoughts on each:
  • Platinum Door Sill Plates: I recommend putting PPF down first in the door sill but the door sill plates look great and have been helpful so far. With the height on my Bronco it seems like my shoes brush over the door sill every time going out so I think they will provide some protection there and a little extra style.
  • Cargo Area Liner: I like the liner itself (wish the cutouts were already there for the connection points but it wasn't hard to cut them out). However I do think I would have preferred to find a cargo area liner that protected the sides as well (without shrinking capacity much). My cargo area is already getting pretty scuffed on the sides even trying to be careful with what I load on the sides.
  • Molle Grate for Tailgate: This has worked great so far but I haven't put a bunch of heavy stuff in it either. It doesn't seem to have the strongest support from the top but does seem to be stable.
Here are a couple of items I'm interested in ordering with the discount that I'd love to get some feedback on:
  • Ford OEM Hitch: Tow package was one of the things I removed last year to get built, but I'm still interested in getting a hitch. Is this Ford OEM one that much better than a Curt or Rough Country hitch that's much cheaper? For now I wasn't going to get the wiring done but is this the only other wiring that would be needed to have it all ready to tow a small trailer or would I need the full Trailer Brake Controller Package?
  • Folding Hitch Basket: With having a soft top I'm desperately trying to figure out the best way for additional storage. I'm looking at a hitch basket and this looks like a good deal but is the quality good enough? I see many hitch baskets much more $$$ and I'd rather buy the right thing the first time.
Any other great deals that people see with the 20% compared to after-market options?
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks to me like the folding Curt hitch basket can be purchased cheaper even with the Ford 20% off.
This Curt looks identical to the Ford one.
https://www.amazon.com/CURT-18151-Basket-Style-Cargo-Carrier/dp/B00JF5HR7K/ref=sr_1_7?crid=BPGFEQV6IMCG&keywords=curt+folding+cargo+carrier&qid=1651849877&s=automotive&sprefix=curt+folding,automotive,70&sr=1-7

Here is another Curt model with a curved up shank
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF5LRN...olid=297D85GNRGGK2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

No idea on the quality of either, I have been think about one of these for my soft top 4Dr.
Anybody have a Curt model that you can comment on quality?

OP
OP
azuano3654

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks to me like the folding Curt hitch basket can be purchased cheaper even with the Ford 20% off.
https://www.amazon.com/CURT-18151-Basket-Style-Cargo-Carrier/dp/B00JF5HR7K/ref=sr_1_7?crid=BPGFEQV6IMCG&keywords=curt+folding+cargo+carrier&qid=1651849877&s=automotive&sprefix=curt+folding,automotive,70&sr=1-7

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JF5LRN...olid=297D85GNRGGK2&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

No idea on the quality of either, I have been think about one of these for my soft top 4Dr.
The curved up version also has bigger dimensions so that definitely looks like the better option. Thanks for sharing! Always check Amazon first I guess...

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Damn, I just ordered the one from Ford the other day for $215 after coupon....I may have to cancel that order if I can.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the benefit of the curved shank vice the straight one?

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will the curt hitch basket clear the SAS rear tire?

chancewm

Outer Banks
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the benefit of the curved shank vice the straight one?
Gets the basket some extra clearance since it sticks a ways behind the vehicle.

I took this exact basket on a road trip from Wisconsin out to Yellowstone and the Tetons with my Explorer and it worked like a charm. It was pretty fully loaded with luggage too, since we had 5 people on board for a 10 day journey. I definitely recommend it.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Gets the basket some extra clearance since it sticks a ways behind the vehicle.

I took this exact basket on a road trip from Wisconsin out to Yellowstone and the Tetons with my Explorer and it worked like a charm. It was pretty fully loaded with luggage too, since we had 5 people on board for a 10 day journey. I definitely recommend it.
Thanks for the input.

Sponsored

kyfigfam

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Boss 302 Mustang, M/T Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put the FORD20 Code in and get a message that says the "Code isn't available to you right now."

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd go (and did) go with the Curt hitch. Installation is a breeze, no bumper removal, bolts come in through the front.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It'd be nice if they shipped to any of the dealers near me. Every single one is 40 minutes away. Mines showing Code Not Available anyway

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want my door bags I ordered 3 months ago.

stonerdoom

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...if only I had a truck.
Sponsored