Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dayum! That's going to be a nice Bronco. I'm jealous i only got a black diamond.
Only? Hell, I think the Black Diamond is going to be a sweet rig and save you about $5-15k depending on how you option it out.

Badlands vs Black Diamond has been my internal struggle. I'm leaning Black Diamond.
Sponsored

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Only? Hell, I think the Black Diamond is going to be a sweet rig and save you about $5-15k depending on how you option it out.

Badlands vs Black Diamond has been my internal struggle. I'm leaning Black Diamond.
Me too, I'm pretty excited about B&P this Friday. I finally get to figure out options!
1st plan if priced right:
2.7/auto(I want the manual, but more power for the 4dr!)
Sasquatch
Pull out tailgate shelf thing

2nd plan if thats too expensive:
2.7/auto(same as above)
Mid package
Dual top paint matched
Add aftermarket lift later

Either way I'd like to keep the steel wheels...

DGTUX20

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Me too, I'm pretty excited about B&P this Friday. I finally get to figure out options!
1st plan if priced right:
2.7/auto(I want the manual, but more power for the 4dr!)
Sasquatch
Pull out tailgate shelf thing

2nd plan if thats too expensive:
2.7/auto(same as above)
Mid package
Dual top paint matched
Add aftermarket lift later

Either way I'd like to keep the steel wheels...
I too like the power of the 2.7 but that’s why I’m doing the Ford tune...270hp becomes 310 and torque goes up to the 350+range...I know other tuners will produce more for less $ but no warranty issues, an MT and almost the same power...all I need.

I too looked @ lower trims but if I’m going in I’m going in lol

This will be my 1st 4x4...not to mention I’ve always been a sucker for the 60’ models and this seems like a great compromise between old and new.

Since I don’t need to be the 1st guy/gal on the block w/one I’m happy to get a 2022 and have potentially more options and more time to save $$Not to mention 2’s my favorite # so the more the better. Lol

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I too like the power of the 2.7 but that’s why I’m doing the Ford tune...270hp becomes 310 and torque goes up to the 350+range...I know other tuners will produce more for less $ but no warranty issues, an MT and almost the same power...all I need.

I too looked @ lower trims but if I’m going in I’m going in lol

This will be my 1st 4x4...not to mention I’ve always been a sucker for the 60’ models and this seems like a great compromise between old and new.

Since I don’t need to be the 1st guy/gal on the block w/one I’m happy to get a 2022 and have potentially more options and more time to save $$Not to mention 2’s my favorite # so the more the better. Lol
I agree with everything you're laying down, I'll have to do some more research i guess. Either way, welcome to 4x4 life! I've been daily driving my bronco for the last 8 years and it's a cool lifestyle. I get to take the top off when the weather is nice, drive logging roads/ORV parks, and just more time outdoors!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As one who ordered from Granger the Big Question is:

How many orders they have taken and how many trucks will be allocated to them. Yes it’s a amazing deal, but if 10, 000 people signed up and they are allocated 5,000 MY21s that’s a problem. Now of course I don’t know what the number of reservations are or what they will be allocated, but there could be a huge delay depending upon allocation. That is my biggest concern. So the MY22 I’m waiting for can only happen when all the other Granger reservations are built before me. And smaller dealerships are handcuffed by the allocation formula.
That's a big concern, especially if you aren't in the first allocation. If you miss the first allocation, the next allocations get smaller because they are a low volume dealer. They obviously have more reservations then the could fulfil, thus the Oct deal which pretty much guarantees a 2022 delivered in 2022.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As one who ordered from Granger the Big Question is:

How many orders they have taken and how many trucks will be allocated to them. Yes it’s a amazing deal, but if 10, 000 people signed up and they are allocated 5,000 MY21s that’s a problem. Now of course I don’t know what the number of reservations are or what they will be allocated, but there could be a huge delay depending upon allocation. That is my biggest concern. So the MY22 I’m waiting for can only happen when all the other Granger reservations are built before me. And smaller dealerships are handcuffed by the allocation formula.

Yeah, I understand the concern. I wish I had a better answer for you, but the best I can say is "I don't know".

We're going to get an initial allocation estimate based upon that cutoff on Sept 18th. That definitely means something, but In my opinion that's just the tip of the iceberg because no dealers have solidified orders at that point. Then it's our job to solidify orders and get deals setup by the 31st of January. Then we'll get a final allocation for the years production after that close on January 31st. Ford will know how many legit orders are in the country and can allocate properly from there.

So dealer A has 100 orders and dealer B has 100 orders, sold the exact same amount of cars and are in identical markets. They are both initially allocation 50 units.

Dealer A converts 30 reservations to orders, Dealer B converts 60 reservations to orders.

The nation converts 30% overall, their final allocation may be 28 for dealer A and 56 for Dealer B even though their original estimate was 50 identically.

Again same scenario and the nation converts 80% of reservations to orders Dealer A may get 12 and Dealer B may get 38.

In my opinion the total conversion rate is the biggest piece of the puzzle. If they can build 100,000 units annually and total converted reservations are 60,000 everyone is happy, if it's 150,000 reservations some dealers and ultimately customers will become frustrated.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I understand the concern. I wish I had a better answer for you, but the best I can say is "I don't know".

We're going to get an initial allocation estimate based upon that cutoff on Sept 18th. That definitely means something, but In my opinion that's just the tip of the iceberg because no dealers have solidified orders at that point. Then it's our job to solidify orders and get deals setup by the 31st of January. Then we'll get a final allocation for the years production after that close on January 31st. Ford will know how many legit orders are in the country and can allocate properly from there.

So dealer A has 100 orders and dealer B has 100 orders, sold the exact same amount of cars and are in identical markets. They are both initially allocation 50 units.

Dealer A converts 30 reservations to orders, Dealer B converts 60 reservations to orders.

The nation converts 30% overall, their final allocation may be 28 for dealer A and 56 for Dealer B even though their original estimate was 50 identically.

Again same scenario and the nation converts 80% of reservations to orders Dealer A may get 12 and Dealer B may get 38.

In my opinion the total conversion rate is the biggest piece of the puzzle. If they can build 100,000 units annually and total converted reservations are 60,000 everyone is happy, if it's 150,000 reservations some dealers and ultimately customers will become frustrated.
Very clearly explained. Thanks. We are all big kids and know what we’re in for with our local or non local dealers. I agree much will be just speculation until Feb.

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wanted to reach out and say thank you to Zach and Albert for all that you guys at Granger have done for us on this forum and I couldn’t be happier making my reservation this month with your dealership. Your hard work and transparency are truly appreciated! I can’t wait to take my road trip from Texas to Iowa and meet you and your team, no matter how long the Broncs take to reach the Stables!

Sponsored

Russtang

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reserved my bronco yesterday. :) Just signed up to the forum to thank everyone for their informative messages, and especially Zach and Albert at Granger!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

DGTUX20

Badlands