Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just finished the thread. The way I’m reading this is That the folks at Granger are geniuses. On Friday Ford gave in to the big dogs whining about Granger poaching a small portion of their reservations. Basically the guys that reserved early and switched we’re going to get screwed. The guys that reserved later at a big dealer would move up because the big dealer gets more of the initial allotment. By Granger making this offer, I imagine a lot of people who have reservations at the big dealers are going to cancel and sign up for Granger. Now all the sudden the big dealers are losing all their reservations while Granger is adding more. Now Granger has more than the big dealer and all those people screwed on Friday are now moving back up to the front of the line. Unless I’m missing something that’s brilliant.
Sponsored

Gvellas

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 7.3L F-250, 00 Civic, 2015 prius, 01 explore
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hmm your math is totally wrong.... what u smokin...gimme some!
I'm just trying to understand, sucks cause I'm pretty damn smart, but I cant make heads or tales of this. Granger said msrp to invoice then minus 2000. So invoice will be over msrp? I thought all dealers were supposed to be msrp or less.
So the minimum 3950 under msrp for badlands includes the 2000 already? That's what I asked earlier but I didn't get a clear answer

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One question that I don’t think I’ve seen a clear answer on. Is ford going to fill all reservations first before they start releasing non reserved stock to the dealers? In other words I’f these reservations are going into 2022, does that mean that people without reservations have to wait until after that to buy one off the lot? If that is the case then early reservation folks could get theirs in 2021. Drive it for awhile then sell it for a profit because used ones are rare and will fetch a good amount of money. Then you use the profit on your 2022 reserved at Granger in October.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just finished the thread. The way I’m reading this is That the folks at Granger are geniuses. On Friday Ford gave in to the big dogs whining about Granger poaching a small portion of their reservations. Basically the guys that reserved early and switched we’re going to get screwed. The guys that reserved later at a big dealer would move up because the big dealer gets more of the initial allotment. By Granger making this offer, I imagine a lot of people who have reservations at the big dealers are going to cancel and sign up for Granger. Now all the sudden the big dealers are losing all their reservations while Granger is adding more. Now Granger has more than the big dealer and all those people screwed on Friday are now moving back up to the front of the line. Unless I’m missing something that’s brilliant.
Basically, but instead of “stealing” from big dealers who have plenty. They plan to snag late reservations signers and on the fencers to pad their numbers to ensure more allocations.
So, talk about customer centric, reduce profit even further to make sure their early adopters get their cars as expected.

will they make money?!Sure as hell, but really nice of them to put customers and when I say customers, I mean the 1%, bat-shit-crazy enthusiasts like us.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm just trying to understand, sucks cause I'm pretty damn smart, but I cant make heads or tales of this. Granger said msrp to invoice then minus 2000. So invoice will be over msrp? I thought all dealers were supposed to be msrp or less.
So the minimum 3950 under msrp for badlands includes the 2000 already? That's what I asked earlier but I didn't get a clear answer
Yes, there is a thread floating around. Actually think it’s stickyed here in the forum. Lists MSRP and Invoice for each trim. Find the invoice and subtract 2k. But you will get invoice pricing on your options as well. So you will end up saving quite a bit vs msrp.

SeventyOne

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 2014 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
MSRP - $1950 = invoice price

Invoice price - $2000 = Granger sale price

$1950+$2000 = $3950 savings off msrp

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One question that I don’t think I’ve seen a clear answer on. Is ford going to fill all reservations first before they start releasing non reserved stock to the dealers? In other words I’f these reservations are going into 2022, does that mean that people without reservations have to wait until after that to buy one off the lot? If that is the case then early reservation folks could get theirs in 2021. Drive it for awhile then sell it for a profit because used ones are rare and will fetch a good amount of money. Then you use the profit on your 2022 reserved at Granger in October.
That’s how I see it. ALL orders taken in December and January will get filled before dealers get any showroom stock. That’s how I read it too.
Some have opined otherwise but... alas only ford knows.

PatientlyWaiting

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That’s how I see it. ALL orders taken in December and January will get filled before dealers get any showroom stock. That’s how I read it too.
Some have opined otherwise but... alas only ford knows.
I would hope that’s the case otherwise what the hell is the point of a reservation?

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more I read, the more confused I get.. lol
So invoice is 1950 over msrp?
No, lol. MSRP is sticker, Invoice is what the car costs to build basically, it’s lower then MSRP.

So they’re giving you the vehicle at cost - $2000 basically. Plus invoice on all parts and packages. Which I have been told is about 6% off each package.

Gvellas

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 7.3L F-250, 00 Civic, 2015 prius, 01 explore
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
MSRP - $1950 = invoice price

Invoice price - $2000 = Granger sale price

$1950+$2000 = $3950 savings off msrp
Thank you, that's originally what I thought, but the replys from Granger just confused me more

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• I already have a reservation with Granger, Can I receive $2000 off invoice? You will need to cancel your existing reservation and make a new one with an October timestamp to receive this discount.

Thank you for the opportunity!

Zach
Thanks for offering this!
Sponsored