2019 Ranger Sound system

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
Has anyone ordered a ranger Supercab with the 501A B&O package and had it changed or rejected by their dealer. I have seen multiple and conflicting reports, videos, order forms, and check lists that state 6spkrs-7spkrs w/subwoofer-and even 10 speakers? If there is anyone on the forum that is actually putting these together, What are they putting in the superCab models. Is it B&O or something else? Thanks so much for any info. P.S. dealer was not useful
Sponsored

kep

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
As far as I know the B & O is crewcab only.

b&o.JPG

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
As far as I know the B & O is crewcab only.

b&o.JPG
[/QUO
My understanding is the B&O system is exclusive to the Lariat trim level. The XLT will be the Sony system.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Pflip

Pflip

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Corvette 19 Ranger Lariat
#Rangerdanger thanks for your reply, I know that you had replied to my original post the other day. My order is going to be a fully loaded Lariat and the dealer thinks that has to do with number of speakers because of the way it is put in parenthesis on the form you posted, however he can't get an answer as to what they are putting in the Super Cab model. So it comes down to $1795 for special wipers, Start and De-icer, He also stated he has 2 other customers with same question and can't get answer, In my case 6' bed is more important than sound but we all need clarity on order info, which is why we are wondering about any employees on the forum, Thanks again for your interest it is appreciated

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
My understanding is that the B&O system consists of 7 speakers + a Subwoofer. It is only available in the Crew Cab (4 Dr) model. If you look at the interior pics of a B&O Crew Cab there are (midrange?) speakers in each door + a tweeter in the front doors + a speaker in the center of the dash facing the windshield. I have not seen where the sub is.

From what I've read the B&O system is Ford's upper end sound system which has been tailored for each vehicle by a Harman listening team of 10 folks and to that end, different Ford vehicles have differing speaker configurations (but the Ranger configuration consists of 7.1 speakers).

StAugKid

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Fiesta ST
Occupation
Assistant Manager Kay Jewelers
One issue I've noticed with new cars in general is how difficult it is to option a good sound system upgrade without going to a massively expensive package or trim level. It used to be you could click the option for the $899 sound system upgrade and be done but now you have to get the most expensive trim level and then get the most expensive package just to get the upgrade. I don't need heated wiper nozzles or remote start but I am a big audio nut. I was looking at the new Ram as well and to get the premium sound upgrade you are forced to buy this $5,800 package. Same for a Focus ST I looked at. It costs over $4k for the package that comes with the audio upgrade.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
One issue I've noticed with new cars in general is how difficult it is to option a good sound system upgrade without going to a massively expensive package or trim level. It used to be you could click the option for the $899 sound system upgrade and be done but now you have to get the most expensive trim level and then get the most expensive package just to get the upgrade. I don't need heated wiper nozzles or remote start but I am a big audio nut. I was looking at the new Ram as well and to get the premium sound upgrade you are forced to buy this $5,800 package. Same for a Focus ST I looked at. It costs over $4k for the package that comes with the audio upgrade.
Yeah, it's too bad these packages include a bunch of stuff you don't want to get something you do want. It never made sense to me why. But I have recently come across "the weight of options", which is a concern that could cause the vehicle mfgr to submit more vehicle configurations to the EPA so to keep that to a minimum they lump things into packages.

Schafies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer. 2019 Ford Ranger.
It's not listed as available in the order guide for the SuperCab Lariat trim.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/official-2019-ranger-order-guide-released.1004/

2019 Ranger Order Guide-November-1-2018-09.jpg
My order guide dated 8/13/18 has the B&O sound system with 7 speakers and subwoofer, SuperCrew only. Yours, dated 11/1/18 has 10 high-performance speakers, SuperCrew only, but no mention of subwoofer.
On another note I was at the dealer earlier today on another matter, but stopped to ask the sales manager if my truck has a window sticker yet. He replied, no. He told me it did, but Ford was pulling any window stickers out there back and reissuing them due to incorrect fuel mileage. I ask, too low or too high. He didn't know. Maybe that's outdated information?

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
On another note I was at the dealer earlier today on another matter, but stopped to ask the sales manager if my truck has a window sticker yet. He replied, no. He told me it did, but Ford was pulling any window stickers out there back and reissuing them due to incorrect fuel mileage. I ask, too low or too high. He didn't know. Maybe that's outdated information?
What a way to bury the lede, I figured Ford had withdrawn the ability to view window stickers after the leak. Hopefully they pulled them because they wanted to officially announce MPG numbers later, and not that they were too high.

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I ordered the R4EO-Super Crew 4x2 lariat and the Order summary shows 10 speakers
That's interesting. They still show 7 speakers on the Ford Build and Price pages. But, the latest ordering guide also lists 10 speakers whereas the older ordering guide showed 7 +1.

The Ford B&O pages https://www.beoplay.com/en/landingpages/ford#intro show 3 vehicles and all three have 10 speakers -- it looks as if the Woofers in the rear doors also have tweeters bringing the total to 10 (including subwoofer) (check out the F150 PDF, the ranger layout is similar according to the interior pictures).

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
here is what Ford gave me when I ordered.
My version of the Order Summary (dated Sept 10) states: B&O PREM HD SAT RAD,SYNC 3,NAV

So they've updated that since my order - more speakers work for me....:like:

The F150 system is spec'd at 675 Watts...whew...but this caught my attention as well (see url in my previous post)
STATIC AND DYNAMIC SOUND TUNING TO ENSURE THAT THE LISTENING EXPERIENCE FROM A STATIONARY CAR IS MAINTAINED, REGARDLESS OF THE DRIVING CONDITIONS.
EDIT: All three vehicles in the link above have the same speaker configuration and amplifier power (there are some size differences between vehicles).

Last edited:

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Engineer
In a way both Ford B&O speaker descriptions are somewhat correct...

Ford first Stated: 7 speakers + 1 SW. If you wanted to buy a full set of speakers you'd need to buy 7 parts + 1 DVC SW.

Ford Now States: 10 speakers. 10-1SW = 9 -- there are 9 drivers, but really only 7 speakers - the F150 diagram shows the rear door speakers as being coaxial, hence one door speaker consists of a midwoofer driver + tweeter driver mounted coaxially. The other interesting tidbit from the F150 spec is there are 9 channels. In addition, the subwoofer is DVC (Dual Voice Coil). Nine speaker channels work if you count the 9 drivers using 7 channels and the DVC Sub gets two channels for added power.

All my conjecture at least....
Sponsored

Last edited: