First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
They last long enough to get past the initial quality ratings, then the fun begins. Ask Doug DeMuro.
the “initial quality” 90 Days after purchase! Stupidest survey EVER.
I want a 50,000 miles survey!

but Yes my boss has a Land Rover Range Rover. Trades it in every 8 years or so because then issues start popping up.
Sponsored

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

They don't tell you what problems. That could be anything from a seat wrinkle to a bad transmission.
That is one reason I put more weight into the Consumer Report ratings as they show each major system and sub-ratings for it going back ten years. Here are examples for the Mustang and Escape.

Ford Bronco 2020 Ford Reliability / Quality Ratings from J.D. Powers & Consumer Reports musta

Ford Bronco 2020 Ford Reliability / Quality Ratings from J.D. Powers & Consumer Reports escape

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

video removed...
In the 2020 J.D. Power U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study at least Ford beat out Jeep, but Ford is listed as #14, behind Chevrolet and Toyota.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-customer-service-index-csi-study

According to the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study, Ford is listed #10, again behind Toyota and Chevrolet but at least ahead of Jeep.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-us-vehicle-dependability-study
Timsvtgen1, Interesting video, it does show the problems with the first of three J.D.Power survey's. The other two J.D.Power survey's seem to look at longer terms and the Consumer Reports does show more in-depth, longer term details.

Of course no survey is perfect, but all data is good data, you just have to look at all of it in total to get the most well rounded picture.

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Since I own an Outback, this will be my preferred survey. Built in the USA
Ford Bronco 2020 Ford Reliability / Quality Ratings from J.D. Powers & Consumer Reports cr-2019-brand-ratings

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dodge is better than Toyota? What planet is this survey from? Buick? Seriously?

How much money did these survey's cost FCA and GM?

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dodge is better than Toyota? What planet is this survey from? Buick? Seriously?

How much money did these survey's cost FCA and GM?
jdpower is nothing more than a glorified “yelp review“ and it’s only for the first 90 days.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
jdpower is nothing more than a glorified “yelp review“ and it’s only for the first 90 days.
The CSI survey says more about the dealers than the product. Unfortunately, there are some real slimy dealers.

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
"J.D. Powah? ...It's pretty much a made-up award." Seriously, though, it's advertising disguised as "reviews." Consumer Reports is even worse.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

"J.D. Powah? ...It's pretty much a made-up award." Seriously, though, it's advertising disguised as "reviews." Consumer Reports is even worse.
I respect your opinion but how is Consumer Reports worse, they do not accept advertising dollars and the data is from their member surveys?

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just reading the new 2020 J.D. Power Initial Quality Study that was released and was shocked to see how Ford is rated. Ford is rated #16, BEHIND Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Chevrolet and Toyota. I have not looked at FCA Quality for a few years always knowing it was junk, but somehow, they stepped up their game. Jeep, Dodge, Ram are now rated above Ford, how can that be, maybe we better understand now why Ford is a $5 stock. At least Ford got a few kudos with the Top models in key segments: Midsize sporty car: Ford Mustang and Midsize pickup: Ford Ranger.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-initial-quality-study-iqs

A huge reason I decided not to buy Jeep when I last searched in the 2015 - 2016 timeframe was how FCA Jeep came up on the bottom of every quality survey. So perhaps FCA Jeep actually did something to start improving their quality? I did read recently about Jeep shipping problem vehicles and just letting the dealers fix them but I'm not sure what that was about.

So now, concerned about what this means for the quality of the new Ford Bronco, I searched further to better understand where Ford is rated against other brands, I found these two additional J.D. Power studies.
In the 2020 J.D. Power U.S. Customer Service Index (CSI) Study at least Ford beat out Jeep, but Ford is listed as #14, behind Chevrolet and Toyota.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-customer-service-index-csi-study

According to the J.D. Power 2020 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study, Ford is listed #10, again behind Toyota and Chevrolet but at least ahead of Jeep.
https://www.jdpower.com/business/press-releases/2020-us-vehicle-dependability-study

As consumers, the only data we can look at is J.D. Power and Consumer Reports for product quality, reliability and dependability. I know some do not care for either of them but since they have tens of thousands of data points for statistical analysis, it is vastly superior to anything else consumers can go by.

So I think we should be concerned about what Ford is going to do to step up the quality of the Bronco. I understand those who bleed Ford blue will disagree, but remember, Ford wants to breakout to achieve 200,000 Bronco sales so they must reach beyond Ford owners to grow the sub-brand.

(I've added Consumer Reports ratings information in a below post.)

2020070a.jpg

24b.jpg

012a.jpg
I gotta say that this doesn't mean a thing. I sold for Ford, Mercedes, Volvo, Land Rover, etc and J.D. Powers awards goes the the highest bidder and is nothing more then a status symbol with no real data to substantiate their rankings. The business that can write the biggest check gets the prize. I know this to be factual and not just my opinion.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I gotta say that this doesn't mean a thing. I sold for Ford, Mercedes, Volvo, Land Rover, etc and J.D. Powers awards goes the the highest bidder and is nothing more then a status symbol with no real data to substantiate their rankings. The business that can write the biggest check gets the prize. I know this to be factual and not just my opinion.
I'm not influenced at all by those surveys. The number of "problems" between brands aren't really that different. The other thing is, what are the problems? One could be a seat wrinkle and the next could be a transmission. I'll take 10 seat wrinkles to 1 transmission.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.