North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My same comments below still apply. Yes, Consumer Reports breaks out seat wrinkles and transmissions.

That is one reason I put more weight into the Consumer Report ratings as they show each major system and sub-ratings for it going back ten years. Here are examples for the Mustang and Escape.

mustang.png

escape.png
Sponsored

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I respect your opinion but how is Consumer Reports worse, they do not accept advertising dollars and the data is from their member surveys?
I am not sure what you mean. I was just commenting on J.D.P. not CR as J.D.P. is a paid for marketing scheme. However with C.R. I have other issues with their dependability as they use other factors when it comes to their reviews but this is a different topic all together. Most if not all come from customers that may have different bias to sway their opinions and they are not always based on facts. Therefore they are not dependable as a source when deciding or not deciding on a particular purchase. When it comes to automobiles If I use anything I will use carcomplaints.com. They actually breakdown very specifically Automobile complaints by year model specific, etc and have actual statistics to back up their data.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am not sure what you mean. I was just commenting on J.D.P. not CR as J.D.P. is a paid for marketing scheme. However with C.R. I have other issues with their dependability as they use other factors when it comes to their reviews but this is a different topic all together. Most if not all come from customers that may have different bias to sway their opinions and they are not always based on facts. Therefore they are not dependable as a source when deciding or not deciding on a particular purchase. When it comes to automobiles If I use anything I will use carcomplaints.com. They actually breakdown very specifically Automobile complaints by year model specific, etc and have actual statistics to back up their data.
Standard survey methodology mutes out personal bias when statistical significance is reached with a pre-determined minimum number of respondants.

FlyingSpaceLlama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lockheed Blackbird
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I should probably clarify; I wasn't suggesting that Consumer Reports is paid-for to a greater degree -- it's hard to beat "entirely paid-for" like JD Power. If CR is a paid review at all then they've done an incredible job of covering that up for years. What I was suggesting is that Consumer Reports doesn't seem to have any actual vehicle knowledge. They are heavily weighted towards convenience features vs. mechanical integrity in their overall reviews, and their mechanical ratings seem to be written by someone who has only ever heard an engine described over the phone.

PromoFLB

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Lexus GS, and Lexus CT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is anyone worried about body panel misalignment or inconsistent gapping? What do you think about overall Ford build quality as compared to other manufacturers such as Jeep, Chevrolet, Toyota, etc. ?

I would like to see everyone's input/opinions on this matter.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is anyone worried about body panel misalignment or inconsistent gapping? What do you think about overall Ford build quality as compared to other manufacturers such as Jeep, Chevrolet, Toyota, etc. ?

I would like to see everyone's input/opinions on this matter.
Personal Opinion not representing the store on this post

Jeep (FIAT) has pretty good quality in material and fit.. (y)

GM not so much, hit with the hard plastic cannon..☹

Toyota good fit just like a Honda though looks plastic cheap inside..?

Ford they have too much plastic, many more soft touch panels than GM but overall I like mine...(y)

03bulldog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL, mustang gt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Standard survey methodology mutes out personal bias when statistical significance is reached with a pre-determined minimum number of respondants.
You're also assuming random, unbiased respondents, but I agree with you...it's likely as good as it gets
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.