Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you have to cut the original bolt but you can somehow get the new bolt installed without dropping the tank? Does this mean Ford could've installed the bolt from the other direction to avoid this situation when the bushing wears out?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So you have to cut the original bolt but you can somehow get the new bolt installed without dropping the tank? Does this mean Ford could've installed the bolt from the other direction to avoid this situation when the bushing wears out?

Yeah, new bolt goes in from the other direction. Certainly not unique to this vehicle. My Tacoma has a few bolts that can't be removed after final assembly, but can easily be replaced from the other direction. Seems like manufacturers would factor stuff like that in, but I guess they aren't thinking about taking things apart.

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be interesting to know how much more noise and vibration you are going to get with these. On my old Mustang, every rubber encased pivot point you replaced with full metal, you could hear and feel it. Maybe it won't be quite so noticeable in the Bronco.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the reason they mount the bolt with the nut facing away from the tank is for in a crash wont puncture fuel tank
Ford Bronco 2021-2022 Bronco Camburg Rear Tubular Lower Trailing Arm Kit 120031 science
Sponsored