TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm someone who has never owned a new car/truck and hasn't really even ridden in one that much. For those who own or drive or ride in newer cars, is there a big difference in comforts, technology, performance, ride quality, etc. in brand new cars versus say something from 2007 (14 years ago) or older?

My car/truck ownership timeline = 95 Dodge Ram > 1995 Camaro Z28 > 1999 Chevy 2500 > 1991 Dodge Cummins > 1999 Camaro Z28 (currently drive this) > 2007 Dodge Cummins Laramie (sold it recently). None of those were at all new when I got them.

So, the newest/nicest/most expensive truck/car I've owned was a 2007 Ram Laramie. Will someone like me be happily surprised by the modern updates of the 2021/22 Bronco Wildtrak I'm getting? For example, even though some reviews of the Bronco's B&O sound system haven't been great, is that in comparison to other amazing systems out today or is that in general? Will it be much better in all ways than any of that old stuff I've had? Or has not much changed except for things cost more and just look modern?
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have an 08 now, wife a 17, and the changes in tech are stunning. From what I know, this won't be much different from her 17.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more recent cruise control tech is nice. And I like the transition toward smaller engines with turbs. Other than that, no.

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more recent cruise control tech is nice. And I like the transition toward smaller engines with turbs. Other than that, no.
Yeah I've been wondering about the cruise control. In my 14 years of driving I've never used cruise control but cruise control nowadays sounds kinda cool with the lane keep and follow mode stuff. Also, curious why you like the smaller engines? Is it a gas mileage thing or weight or ?

OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an 08 now, wife a 17, and the changes in tech are stunning. From what I know, this won't be much different from her 17.
Okay, my GF has a '17 Jeep Renegade. I figured it'll be somewhat similar to that.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope the B&O will at least be better than my stock stereo in my 19 year old Taco, otherwise I'd be a bit pissed. I want the other things in the LUX package, but probably would not order it if it wasn't for the - hopefully - better stereo.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There are numerous small cameras placed throughout contemporary vehicles to facilitate lane departure warning, cross-traffic alert and to show the driver from rear and overhead views the position of the vehicle relative to parking lane markers, pedestrians, other vehicles, etc. Cruise control on many vehicles is proactive to traffic conditions rather than a passive system where the driver must continually manipulate throttle and braking for changing conditions. Some cars like Cadillac and Tesla have various forms of semi-autonomous driving modes and autonomous is not far from being a mainstream reality. I just named a few. The infotainment systems are another area that will probably surprise you. So yeah, things have changed big time.

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Look at it like anything else. If you want a great stereo and really notice a difference in audio B&O is probably going to disappoint. If you don't care to that level B&O is probably going to be great. What one person likes others won't, it is just getting enough people to like the combination to make it work. From there make the changes you want for what is important to you.

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I've been wondering about the cruise control. In my 14 years of driving I've never used cruise control but cruise control nowadays sounds kinda cool with the lane keep and follow mode stuff. Also, curious why you like the smaller engines? Is it a gas mileage thing or weight or ?
They just feel peppy. And I can pretend like I'm in a fast and furious movie driving a soccer mom car when the boost kicks in.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve actually never really had this problem. Mechanical issues have been what killed most of my vehicles
Sponsored