JD
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The most important thing I learned here is that it is trivial to flip the lower shock bolts. Why Ford didn't just do that to start baffles me.
I would assume it had something to do with how they’re put together coming down the assembly line. Just a guess though.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infiniti FX35
Clubs

The most important thing I learned here is that it is trivial to flip the lower shock bolts. Why Ford didn't just do that to start baffles me.
I wonder what the repercussions might be to flip them one at a time without the steps of removing so many parts beforehand..

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Agree. But I think we will need aftermarket bolts & nuts as the Ford OEM bolts are pressed fitted to the shock and didn’t look like the bolt head had flats. Probably for ease of robotic assembly??

Apples

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Lexus GX470
Agree. But I think we will need aftermarket bolts & nuts as the Ford OEM bolts are pressed fitted to the shock and didn’t look like the bolt head had flats. Probably for ease of robotic assembly??
Correct. Any Ace hardware. Make sure they're Grade 8.

sccohen

First Edition
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Interesting how it fits both non-Squatched AND Squatched. The 4WP kit is no yellow shocks🤔

Edit: Also noticed how easy it is just to remove the sway bar instead of messing with manual disco's I might just take the whole thing off when I hit the trails. ;)
Any answer on Squatched/Yellow-shock question?

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 13 Explorer XLT, 97 Jeep Wrangler
Any answer on Squatched/Yellow-shock question?
4WP lift is all on the top. Can't do that with "yellows".

The Zone kit is smaller lift and split between the top and the bottom. Keeps everything in check. Have not had Zone rep tell me that directly ..... yet ....... but that is my observation.

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement