Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) Cooler-Diagram-70QT

Last edited:

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
After seeing these drawings all I can Deduce is the Cargo area of a 2 door is to Damn small for my needs 😜
Meh. I've got a buddy who overlands with his wife and two kids in a 2-door JK, and it's got 6" less cargo length than this Bronco.

How does he do it? It's kind of a miracle that involves cargo nets on the ceiling. Nevertheless, I've run the entire Mojave Road with him and his family.

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space. Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.
I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious here. Are you suggesting that Ford should have engineered the 2-door around your cooler? I mean, they added six inches of length versus a JL. It seems they did what they could to balance cargo capacity and maneuverability in the 2-door. Couldn't you just buy a smaller cooler?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm honestly not sure if you're being serious here. Are you suggesting that Ford should have engineered the 2-door around your cooler? I mean, they added six inches of length versus a JL. It seems they did what they could to balance cargo capacity and maneuverability in the 2-door. Couldn't you just buy a smaller cooler?
absolutely not (maybe)

Im simply saying , because of a single 1 inch lack of space (at the top not even on the floor) i cant fit my cooler in my beach buggy. Which is very gay

All im saying is when talking about cargo space for a vehicle , especially one like this which is recreational in nature. Storage should not be an afterthought. Which it seems to be since there are many ways to free up room. Including slightly (just slightly) increasing the angle of the rear seating (this change alone would allow me to keep my cooler)

And if im being COMPLETELY honest.

yes actually ford should at least have shot for enough space for a single (beach party sized) rotomolded cooler as a standard item to be in the back of the car. Minimum. not some expensive extremely thin electric cooler

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

absolutely not (maybe)

Im simply saying , because of a single 1 inch lack of space (at the top not even on the floor) i cant fit my cooler in my beach buggy. Which is very gay

All im saying is when talking about cargo space for a vehicle , especially one like this which is recreational in nature. Storage should not be an afterthought. Which it seems to be since there are many ways to free up room. Including slightly (just slightly) increasing the angle of the rear seating (this change alone would allow me to keep my cooler)

And if im being COMPLETELY honest.

yes actually ford should at least have shot for enough space for a single (beach party sized) rotomolded cooler as a standard item to be in the back of the car. Minimum. not some expensive extremely thin electric cooler
Guess what...a Yeti 65 is one inch narrower than your specific cooler. So it will fit. I think....i didn't look to hard at the cargo numbers. :Likely the more popular cooler.

How is Ford supposed to design a vehicle that fits every single cooler dimension that someone decides is "beach party sized?"

Also...I bet your cooler will fit anyway. The back of the seats will have a little give to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guess what...a Yeti 65 is one inch narrower than your specific cooler. So it will fit. I think....i didn't look to hard at the cargo numbers.

How is Ford supposed to design a vehicle that fits every single cooler dimension that someone decides is "beach party sized?"

Also...I bet your cooler will fit anyway. The back of the seats will have a little give to them anyway. Just put the damn thing in there and quit whining that Ford didn't ask you, specifically, what size cooler you had.
Yeti wont see my money ever after the gun fiasco.

As far as my cooler fitting im 90% sure based on looking at these measurements (assuming the guy was actually accurate) that it would JUST BARELY not fit in the car because of the angle of the seating. With the seats folded down it will fit fine. However not if you want passengers

Prkelly

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) Cooler-Diagram-70QT
well this might work
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 1614086953786

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Meh. I've got a buddy who overlands with his wife and two kids in a 2-door JK, and it's got 6" less cargo length than this Bronco.

How does he do it? It's kind of a miracle that involves cargo nets on the ceiling. Nevertheless, I've run the entire Mojave Road with him and his family.
I was going to buy a 2-door Wrangler. So to me the 2-door Bronco with its 6 extra inches is HUGE!

I camp by myself or with one extra freeloader, so even if I go out for a week or two, I should be able to get all my crap inside. Worst case scenario I'll be hitting my max 100lb roof load. 😍

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 1614086953786
Not sure how many people you're providing refreshments for... but I'm pretty sure they won't fit in the 2-door either.😉

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base

The 2-Door is not designed for maximizing space. Look at a Dodge Caravan for that.
And there is no way a 2-door would outsell a 4 door under ANY circumstances.

The 2-Door is niche. The 4-door is mainstream.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😍😍😍😍
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! This is what I've been waiting for!

Not to sound like a spoiled child, but...

The only thing missing for me is the dims in the floor area between the front and back seats (where I like to keep all my water), and that little bit of space I've been seeing in pics along the floor along the side of the front edge if the back seat. I'm hoping a couple pieces of gear can tuck in there.🤔
Sponsored