Sponsored

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dude, settle down. You're cooler will fit just fine. You're looking at the dimensions wrong. The 16.5" dimension is at the top of the seat.
At the top of your cooler, there is actually about 18.5" of space, 1/8" more than you need.
1614091222369.png
hope so!

however 1/8 of an inch is pretty close

we still dont know where these measurements are from
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here’s what the four door looks like if you add 15.7” (per Ford) and add back in the bigger fixed hump specific to the 4 door

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) D7F444E8-3B00-4715-99BF-A1FE51CC7A94

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Borrow a side grinder and trim it up a bit

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) D7F444E8-3B00-4715-99BF-A1FE51CC7A94
Your cooler will fit nicely if you invert it. ;)

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How can one trust these numbers when that gap between the two rear seats is way too small ?

Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree on loosing the space but I'd like a flat floor to sleep across. I'm planning on a quick drop in platform only when I need it
You would lose cargo space or ground clearance. I’m sure aftermarket will add something for the two door or diy.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

hope so!

however 1/8 of an inch is pretty close

we still dont know where these measurements are from
These dimensions were hand measured by me in Johnson Valley during KOH. The vehicle measured was the black pre-production Badlands trail rig concept.
I am confident in most of the measurements at about +/- 1/4 accuracy. I measured accurately to the seat supports, but the angle of the seat back (and therefor the distance from the top of the seat-back in the upright position to the back of the vehicle) was estimated. I will confirm next time I get to see the vehicle in person, but I have no idea when that will be.
I measured very carefully to the headrest and tumbled seat bottom with the seat folded, and I measured the width dimensions very carefully as well.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

😍😍😍😍
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you!!! This is what I've been waiting for!

Not to sound like a spoiled child, but...

The only thing missing for me is the dims in the floor area between the front and back seats (where I like to keep all my water), and that little bit of space I've been seeing in pics along the floor along the side of the front edge if the back seat. I'm hoping a couple pieces of gear can tuck in there.🤔
Sorry, I did not measure the footwells in front of the rear seat. I was mainly focused on the maximum length and width available with the seatbacks folded.

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How can one trust these numbers when that gap between the two rear seats is way too small ?
Why do you say this. Do you have some info I'm missing, or something I got wrong? Note that the gap I show is between the seatbacks, not the seat bottom cushions. I didn't dimension it, but it's about 1/2".

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If these numbers are correct, then I'm all good. These measurements are very close to my current Isuzu Rodeo Sport/Amigo. Just remeasured, I have 22.5" of rear cargo floor at the bottom of the seat and I can get lot of food and supplies in the back before a seat needs to come down (which is not split fold on the Isuzu). This is promising.

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your cooler will fit nicely if you invert it. ;)
Jokes aside...

I've mentioned it on this forum before I think, but all these coolers that taper down do it the wrong way. I get that it might make for easier access but if the taper went the other way you'd get more usable space and it would fit behind back seats much better which is where most coolers likely go when travelling.

I don't understand why they taper at all.

Beardicus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why do you say this. Do you have some info I'm missing, or something I got wrong? Note that the gap I show is between the seatbacks, not the seat bottom cushions. I didn't dimension it, but it's about 1/2".

Sorry, I was joking around. It's just a big complaint of mine of why there is such a large gap between the two rear seats. From photos looks larger than 1/2" unless this is all preproduction stuff. Example below:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-wildtrak-interior-and-seats.10255/

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs