Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone here already thought of what they would fit in the cargo space and possibly how to secure stuff on the back of a folded seat?

I only really need one seat in the back, it would be cool to secure some storage without doing the delete+ GooseGear route.
I know i can fit an Iceco vl45 fridge + 2 stacked Frontrunner cubpacks perpendicularly in the cargo and maybe some liquid containers
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My specific cooler doesnt fit, and I just cant replace it. What was Ford thinking?? Reservation CANCELLED
I like the part where someone insists on getting the 2-door version of the Bronco and then is insulted that Ford didn’t make it bigger.

Like, if Ford had only stretched it a bit then they’d be able to fit everything they want to carry in it.

IF ONLY

Username_not_found

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm honestly curious how luxuriously some of you camp that you're concerned about the cargo space. I've managed 6-7 day yearly trips to the boundary waters with my wife packing everything into a Fiat 500. With the seat up in my car I can pack luggage for 3-4 day backpacking trips and gear for my dog occupying the back seat. Moving up to the 4-door bronco is gonna feel like a 18 wheeler for me.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was all stoked to learn more about the storage cubby underneath the rear cargo floor, specifically b/c of the possibility of mounting a ARB twin compressor in there. I’ve been thinking about that for....IDK, months.
Today I realized that plan is flawed, even if the twin did fit that’s not going to work. Why? Because if I have my camping gear in the back I’m not interested in pulling it all out just to access the twin. Not so keen on that, but we will find a way. I’ll have to wait on that idea, and many others. Maaaaaaybe the twin will fit under the hood with the 2.7 octopus. Time will tell.

Anyway, it’s fun to dream about returning to the 2door life.

PEACE.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The cargo area of the 2-door Bronco is roughly 43"x43" with rear seats folded down. The cargo area of my 2-door Sahara is 43"x43" with rear seat removed.

Sponsored

iwantmydamnarea51

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
absolutely not (maybe)

Im simply saying , because of a single 1 inch lack of space (at the top not even on the floor) i cant fit my cooler in my beach buggy. Which is very gay

All im saying is when talking about cargo space for a vehicle , especially one like this which is recreational in nature. Storage should not be an afterthought. Which it seems to be since there are many ways to free up room. Including slightly (just slightly) increasing the angle of the rear seating (this change alone would allow me to keep my cooler)

And if im being COMPLETELY honest.

yes actually ford should at least have shot for enough space for a single (beach party sized) rotomolded cooler as a standard item to be in the back of the car. Minimum. not some expensive extremely thin electric cooler
ERtjTOGU4AA85WM.jpg

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These dimensions were hand measured by me in Johnson Valley during KOH. The vehicle measured was the black pre-production Badlands trail rig concept.
I am confident in most of the measurements at about +/- 1/4 accuracy. I measured accurately to the seat supports, but the angle of the seat back (and therefor the distance from the top of the seat-back in the upright position to the back of the vehicle) was estimated. I will confirm next time I get to see the vehicle in person, but I have no idea when that will be.
I measured very carefully to the headrest and tumbled seat bottom with the seat folded, and I measured the width dimensions very carefully as well.
Well done. It can be tricky measuring with a tape measure and capturing everything. Mechanical engineer here and I sometimes need to break out the tape measure, scale and calipers to reverse engineer something to model up in CAD. It can be laborious.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well done. It can be tricky measuring with a tape measure and capturing everything. Mechanical engineer here and I sometimes need to break out the tape measure, scale and calipers to reverse engineer something to model up in CAD. It can be laborious.
Any update on 4door measurements?

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone here already thought of what they would fit in the cargo space and possibly how to secure stuff on the back of a folded seat?

I only really need one seat in the back, it would be cool to secure some storage without doing the delete+ GooseGear route.
Are the Molle straps on the back of the front seats sturdy enough the double as tie-downs? I'm probably going to take out the seat-bottom of the driver's side rear seat, so I am hoping to fide something near by to secure a strap.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm honestly curious how luxuriously some of you camp that you're concerned about the cargo space. I've managed 6-7 day yearly trips to the boundary waters with my wife packing everything into a Fiat 500. With the seat up in my car I can pack luggage for 3-4 day backpacking trips and gear for my dog occupying the back seat. Moving up to the 4-door bronco is gonna feel like a 18 wheeler for me.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 20210224_061642

Yeah, maybe some of get a little carried away.😍

Jwall

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’ve seen a few people complaining about 2 door cargo space....you obviously aren’t coming from a Jeep JK 2 door. Lol.

35A2A301-72B7-4F52-B515-7AE2FABDAF54.jpeg

C519F60A-79BE-4464-A51B-A62AEBD648DD.jpeg

74A13643-76E8-4A8B-B7DC-6904F2A8900B.jpeg

249886CB-0206-4342-BE4A-D9102557A97D.jpeg

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im also coming from a backpacking background and every packed item serves 2+ purposes and everything is methodically organized. I kind of wanna bring that philosophy to the 2-door Bronco but obviously also bringing the 'luxury' that comes with car camping.
(Using a fridge would help maximize the space for food and the days I can be out. The entire kitchen would hopefully fit in one of those boxes. Sleeping pads stored in the rear cupholders, etc)

Oh and also, the 2-door would be more than enough for days when I go camping by myself but most likely it would be with my gf, a toddler, and our new puppy.