Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeti wont see my money ever after the gun fiasco.

As far as my cooler fitting im 90% sure based on looking at these measurements (assuming the guy was actually accurate) that it would JUST BARELY not fit in the car because of the angle of the seating. With the seats folded down it will fit fine. However not if you want passengers
I assume you've already tweeted at @jfarley98 to see if he could redesign the Bronco for your cooler?

I was all stoked to learn more about the storage cubby underneath the rear cargo floor, specifically b/c of the possibility of mounting a ARB twin compressor in there. Iā€™ve been thinking about that for....IDK, months.
Today I realized that plan is flawed, even if the twin did fit thatā€™s not going to work. Why? Because if I have my camping gear in the back Iā€™m not interested in pulling it all out just to access the twin. Not so keen on that, but we will find a way. Iā€™ll have to wait on that idea, and many others. Maaaaaaybe the twin will fit under the hood with the 2.7 octopus. Time will tell.

Anyway, itā€™s fun to dream about returning to the 2door life.

PEACE.
My plan is to remove the factory muffler and put a smaller muffler upstream so that I can use the space under the cargo area for a storage box or auxiliary fuel tank. Maybe that could work? With a 2-door, some creativity will be needed.

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's some rear rack solutions! I emailed them going to be doing bronco racks.
Tray, storage,+bike!

Screenshot_20210224-152844.png

FB_IMG_1614202036002.jpg

FB_IMG_1614202027926.jpg

FB_IMG_1614202016016.jpg

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know Iā€™m in the minority here, but my 2D plan will specifically exclude any roof racks or hitch racks. Iā€™m going to try to keep things tight & simple. My Tacoma has been through so many different variations, and after going to far into the ā€œexpo vehicleā€ realm I can say that for me....Iā€™ve learned that less is more. Mods are inevitable but Iā€™m planning on keeping things incognito when I can.

Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™ve seen a few people complaining about 2 door cargo space....you obviously arenā€™t coming from a Jeep JK 2 door. Lol.
The cargo area of my 2-door Sahara is 43"x43" with rear seat removed. The cargo area of the 2-door Bronco with rear seats folded down is also 43"x43".

BearWithMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tacoma 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's labeled as "Bottom Seat Cushion (tumbled)" is actually the back cushion (top cushion) of the front seat, is that right?

Torgsurv

Base
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Bronco XLT 5.0 "Mando"
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What's labeled as "Bottom Seat Cushion (tumbled)" is actually the back cushion (top cushion) of the front seat, is that right?
No, it is the bottom seat cushion of the rear seat, which tumbles forward to a nearly vertical position (up against the back of the front seat) allowing the seat back to be folded flat (or more accurately horizontal), as seen in this photo.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 20210206_092941

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco 2-Door Cargo Area Dimensions + Storage Bins Dimensions (Measurements) 20210206_092941
If only they had considered your $300 cooler in the design of this $40,000 vehicle. J/k

Seriously though, the rear looks deep enough to stow carry on luggage length wise, which works for me. Duffel bags will stow nicely, and the seats can fold down if the need arises. This will do nicely.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did! 5 years of architecture undergrad back in the day. Try hand drawing a perspective. Only practiced for a couple years though. I realized that working long hours in numbers would be better suited if thinking in dollars instead of inches...and went for MBA, sold my soul, and went into finance for the ROI. But it helps when it comes to home improvements since I donā€™t need to hire designers/architects lol. Working through a new kitchen layout
Bottom right is your best option. Lol

GreenMtnBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this is really bad. I cannot fit my 300 dollar cooler in this car with the seats up because of a 1 inch lack of space(at the top). Very lame. I love the 2 door but ford reallllllly fucked up the storage situation.

Lots of space could be saved with smart engineering. You could easily squeeze an extra inch in all directions. And with fold flat and flush seating designed from the start the 2 door could literally be the only model you would need to sell.
Likely they will have a bronco branded cooler that fits to sell you for $299

BKXJ

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reviving this thread as these are clearly the most detailed measurements of the 2dr storage area!

Iā€™m curious if anyone has found a cargo box that fits well in the back to allow for a nearly flat cargo area with the backseats folded with enough room for the basics like jumper cables, first aid kit, gloves etc?

Pelican has some that appear close but not quite right and obviously quite expensive!

Looking forward to seeing anyoneā€™s setups and recommendations!
Sponsored