First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's a JK. The JL's C pillar doesn't look as good, to me at least.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

also has the upper body crease of the EB
Arrgh, I wanted to point that out, but had to leave and go to the daughters band concert.

Definition of mixed emotions tonight! LOL

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That body line the way it meets the taillight reminds me of the 3rd gen and on as well.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like a fixed B and C pillar, hopefully the rollcage is removable in back like the patents implied, would be a great selling point. The fastback look of the cage already makes it look so much sleeker than that Wrangler.
Just so you know, the slope of the cage looks pretty similar to the JKU or JLU, so it tells us nothing about the rear top profile.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

TopRecon

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2D Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just so you know, the slope of the cage looks pretty similar to the JKU or JLU, so it tells us nothing about the rear top profile.
Good point, I was thinking more about the two door Wrangler's cage so I suppose it isn't a fair comparison with the four door Bronco. I hope the two door Bronco's cage looks like that, the two door Wranglers always stuck out too far for my liking, and if not I hope it's at least removable like the patent said.

Overview-Gallery-01-Desktop.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
So....
I saw the 2021 Ford Bronco raw sheet metal 4-door shell sometime back in January.
A couple of things that I got kinda right:

1. Big round wheel wells that have stand-alone built-in flares, so no real need for any plastic wheel flare enhancements, unless various trim levels offer them in order to create some different looks. There could be plastic wheel lips or even wheel flares, but the sheet metal can stand on its own. See the "BroncoKong" pic.

2. A chunky, rectangle tail light that looks very similar to a 7" tablet. BAM!

3. The sheet metal "notch" that rises up where the rear door meets the hatch area. There are "twin notches" - one in the front near where one would usually find the antenna, but in this case, it's where you will find the hood/fender-mounted mirrors. The "twin notches" create a symmetry wherein the side view of the vehicle appears to be split up into 3 similar length sections - the higher hood, the lower doors, and the higher hatch.

4. It looks like their is something of a "fastback" opportunity to the "C"-pillar, with the rear side of the pillar coming off at an angle flared toward the rear of the vehicle. Additional plastic or other material can increase and enhance this angle.

5. The side body panel character line is indeed similar in shape and depth to what we see on the Bronco Sport raw metal shell, AND, I remember a second similar character line that runs maybe 6-8" above the bottom of the vehicle (just above the rocker panel, which fades in just behind the front wheel and fades out just in front of the rear wheel - as if a giant took his thumb, pressed it into the clay, and created a straight indention similar to how caulk is smoothed out with a thumb or finger.

6. The hood is very similar to the Bronco R Baja vehicle - old school city, with definite side upswoops, and basically a wide, long, flat hood. Any hood scoop escapes my memory. There must be one of some kind.

7. There is a limited rear overhang. The pic is true. The rear wheels are very near the rear bumper.

8. Basically, a near vertical windshield when compared to any other Ford vehicle, and similar in angle to the Jeep Wrangler.

9. The greenhouse is also similar in looks to the Jeep Wrangler, except for the potential fastback "C"-pillar to some degree, and the upswoop in sheet metal along the hatch window.

10. This new 2021 Ford Bronco left me with the impression that it was a combination of the 1996 Bronco and the Bronco R Baja vehicle (only with round wheel wells - so a little bit more of a long, low, wide desert runner that has some of the 1996 styling cues), but NOT something similar to the original 1960s Bronco, in that, it will NOT be a skinny, tallish vehicle. It does have that 1960s hood with the definite side upswoops, but in a seemingly wider hood fashion overall.

11. It's a wider vehicle - relative to its length - than the 1960s Bronco. And its a lower slung vehicle - relative to its length - than the 1960s Bronco.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point, I was thinking more about the two door Wrangler's cage so I suppose it isn't a fair comparison with the four door Bronco. I hope the two door Bronco's cage looks like that, the two door Wranglers always stuck out too far for my liking, and if not I hope it's at least removable like the patent said.

Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! Overview-Gallery-01-Desktop.jpg.image.1440
Yeah, the 4-door has the same back and fewer pillars.

Ford Bronco 2021 BRONCO 4-DOOR and 2-DOOR FIRST UNCOVERED LEAKED PHOTOS! JL topless

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So....
I saw the 2021 Ford Bronco raw sheet metal 4-door shell sometime back in January.
A couple of things that I got kinda right:

1. Big round wheel wells that have stand-alone built-in flares, so no real need for any plastic wheel flare enhancements, unless various trim levels offer them in order to create some different looks. There could be plastic wheel lips or even wheel flares, but the sheet metal can stand on its own. See the "BroncoKong" pic.

2. A chunky, rectangle tail light that looks very similar to a 7" tablet. BAM!

3. The sheet metal "notch" that rises up where the rear door meets the hatch area. There are "twin notches" - one in the front near where one would usually find the antenna, but in this case, it's where you will find the hood/fender-mounted mirrors. The "twin notches" create a symmetry wherein the side view of the vehicle appears to be split up into 3 similar length sections - the higher hood, the lower doors, and the higher hatch.

4. It looks like their is something of a "fastback" opportunity to the "C"-pillar, with the rear side of the pillar coming off at an angle flared toward the rear of the vehicle. Additional plastic or other material can increase and enhance this angle.

5. The side body panel character line is indeed similar in shape and depth to what we see on the Bronco Sport raw metal shell, AND, I remember a second similar character line that runs maybe 6-8" above the bottom of the vehicle (just above the rocker panel, which fades in just behind the front wheel and fades out just in front of the rear wheel - as if a giant took his thumb, pressed it into the clay, and created a straight indention similar to how caulk is smoothed out with a thumb or finger.

6. The hood is very similar to the Bronco R Baja vehicle - old school city, with definite side upswoops, and basically a wide, long, flat hood. Any hood scoop escapes my memory. There must be one of some kind.

7. There is a limited rear overhang. The pic is true. The rear wheels are very near the rear bumper.

8. Basically, a near vertical windshield when compared to any other Ford vehicle, and similar in angle to the Jeep Wrangler.

9. The greenhouse is also similar in looks to the Jeep Wrangler, except for the potential fastback "C"-pillar to some degree, and the upswoop in sheet metal along the hatch window.

10. This new 2021 Ford Bronco left me with the impression that it was a combination of the 1996 Bronco and the Bronco R Baja vehicle (only with round wheel wells - so a little bit more of a long, low, wide desert runner that has some of the 1996 styling cues), but NOT something similar to the original 1960s Bronco, in that, it will NOT be a skinny, tallish vehicle. It does have that 1960s hood with the definite side upswoops, but in a seemingly wider hood fashion overall.

11. It's a wider vehicle - relative to its length - than the 1960s Bronco. And its a lower slung vehicle - relative to its length - than the 1960s Bronco.
things you got wrong:
1. what on earth made you think 16' long sheet metal was even in the realm of possibility???
Sponsored