First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have a problem with the photos. Ford got rid of the Bronco and has taken so long to reveal a new version. I've literally gotten some gray hairs since the announcement of a Bronco return! A part of me still thinks the big reveal will occur April 1, when Ford announces this was all an elaborate hoax and no Bronco. ;)

But here is where I would have a problem with posting the photos. As a person who takes risks, my policy is: "Don't make my risk other peoples risk". The guy (BroncoKong) sharing those photos, if it's just his own risk then fine. But if he somehow got those photos from another person who was not ok with him posting, and put that person's job at risk or something of that nature, that would be highly uncool.
Yup I get that, but you have zero idea if thats the case. So in the end I don't think there's a reason to have a problem. I agree it'd be significantly uncool but that is on him and his friend unfortunately.
Sponsored

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
Administrator 'warned' me to stop sharing them, and since this appears to be the only site taking them down I guess I'll just direct you to twitter, the jlwranglerforum, blueovalforum, and a few others.

Despite protestations from Nickp about them getting taken down elsewhere too haven't seen it happen yet.

*shrug* I acquired them in good faith from a publicly viewable location so I have no problem sharing them.

For a little while last night, myself and a few others had posting privileges taken away. Or well, my posts had to be approved. I had to do some digging to find out what was going on because nobody reached out to me directly. Now I can post freely again. Another person was banned, then unbanned. Lol

Posts were vanishing and when questions were asked, people were silenced.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yup I get that, but you have zero idea if thats the case. So in the end I don't think there's a reason to have a problem. I agree it'd be significantly uncool but that is on him and his friend unfortunately.
Agreed, any issue would be on BroncoKong and his friend/acquaintance (if that was even the scenario). Once the photos were out, I mocked up a few with lines and arrows for discussion, although those photos got taken down with the rest.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still not entirely convinced that it's a swing gate. If you look closely... not that you should be... but IF you do... there are some beefy hinges that sort of stick out a bit. Almost like a tire carrier?
I agree. After loo..... uummmm.... remembering what the removed photo looked like.... as I recall... they were offset from the Tailgate/Swinging Door/Whatever It was and appeared to be only attached to the main body...... well.... if I remember it correctly....

bronconitis

Badlands
First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a little while last night, myself and a few others had posting privileges taken away. Or well, my posts had to be approved. I had to do some digging to find out what was going on because nobody reached out to me directly. Now I can post freely again. Another person was banned, then unbanned. Lol

Posts were vanishing and when questions were asked, people were silenced.
Whitewater-esque.

Sponsored

sardog12

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2016 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you could be onto something. The hinges are pretty small to support the large tail gate and possible 35 inch tires. I'm personally hoping its just a tire swing out with a normal truck like tailgate. Guess time will tell!
Even though it is difficult to tell, there doesn't appear to be any hinges on the bottom of the "tailgate" so I would have to assume that unless the hinges were hidden, it is a swing gate, similar to Jeeps. Even though Jeep claims they strengthened the gate, one of the weak points of the new Jeep is still that if you want to add anything larger than a 35" tire (and still should for heavier 35s), you should change the tire carrier to one which includes stronger hinges. It's very likely that the Bronco may see the same thing or may see bumper mounted carriers.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the revel is going to mirror the events of last night and be a sort of docu-drama. Yesterday was a test run. “We need to contain this leak! We can’t let it spread! Shut down the thread! Shut it down now!” Chrispy may have been at the filming
I can almost guarantee , if they want to, they can do EXACTLY that.
I've watched about 12 hours of security footage in 15 minutes lpoking into a theft.
That being said, the nature of the photos leads me to believe this was planned.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've watched about 12 hours of security footage in 15 minutes lpoking into a theft.
Yeah, I've been involved in reviewing security footage for injury claims. If the companies involved actually care, you can bet they can/will do it.

difficulTT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW Alltrack, 2010 Ford F150, 2006 Mini JCW Checkmate
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think you could be onto something. The hinges are pretty small to support the large tail gate and possible 35 inch tires. I'm personally hoping its just a tire swing out with a normal truck like tailgate. Guess time will tell!
Based on the notion of the "toaster oven" to store the doors in, I would bet its a swing gate.

It would be more difficult to have to reach over the tailgate to load the doors in the individual slots.

I honestly have no idea though :shrug:
Ford-Bronco-Removable-Door-Storage-Rack.jpg

Sponsored

Rustytuna

Base
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Your Bronco Model
Base
I tend to agree. It was obviously cropped. If you are going to leak an image of the most highly anticipated Ford in a long time why crop it? If it was non Ford, the whole Bronco would be posted. Just my opinion.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tend to agree. It was obviously cropped. If you are going to leak an image of the most highly anticipated Ford in a long time why crop it? If it was non Ford, the whole Bronco would be posted. Just my opinion.
I don't think this has anything to do with Ford, my guess is they were either intentionally sensitive photos leaked to a friend who posted them irresponsibly or they were limited shots from an already/in progress edited promotional video

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, any issue would be on BroncoKong and his friend/acquaintance (if that was even the scenario). ...
The person who actually did wrong is the one violating their NDA by taking the pics and telling their friend in the first place. I'd imagine that's why Nickp is defensive, 'cuz his 'source' is doing the same thing.

It sounds like the people getting the slings and arrows out on ethical grounds are facing the wrong direction.

I'm not going to criticize either source though (unless its Ford playing some elaborate game), I'm against the secrecy across the board.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not if you're an attention whore that wants to milk a thread.

You dribble out info like this guy was doing lol.

I mean...That's what I would do :D