redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you look way back at one of the spy shot threads I showed the rear end to my buddy who builds jeeps for a living. He said the rear control arm looked like a combination of a JK and a 4Runner; in a good way. So this would make sense.

I remember that.

When I saw the 4runner today I didn't think of it at the time but for some odd reason when I was installing a bull bar on it I caught myself looking at the rear control arm and I thought boy that's a lot like the Bronco so I looked at it from all angles. Then saw Stampede's post and thought I would chime in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I loved the way he misspelled words to cover his tracks. The spelling and grammar was soe horendious it’s has toe Ben in 10 shenol.

Whenever I here about spelling I always think of the comics Gallager or George Carlin

The shit is hilarious !!!

Last edited:

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I'm sure they have figured it out, I wonder about the stresses put on the doors while driving on road or off.

If I'm going off road, ……………. everything is coming off and staying home !!!! I don't need it broke and besides you haven't seen me drive off road. LOL

Ruptured Duck

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Like JL half doors shown at the official launch and then didn't go into production. Was there and actually spoke with Mark Allen. Asked if they were going into production and he said yes... Fast forward three years and nothing.

Sponsored

Broncitis

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't have a problem with the photos. Ford got rid of the Bronco and has taken so long to reveal a new version. I've literally gotten some gray hairs since the announcement of a Bronco return! A part of me still thinks the big reveal will occur April 1, when Ford announces this was all an elaborate hoax and no Bronco. ;)

But here is where I would have a problem with posting the photos. As a person who takes risks, my policy is: "Don't make my risk other peoples risk". The guy (BroncoKong) sharing those photos, if it's just his own risk then fine. But if he somehow got those photos from another person who was not ok with him posting, and put that person's job at risk or something of that nature, that would be highly uncool.
The bottom line is someone likely violated their NDA and if nothing else, the trust that was put them by whomever their employer is to work around such things.

Some people take these seriously.

A billion dollar+ new product launch that will be here in just a few weeks should not be spoiled because of some schmuck wanting 15 minutes of anonymous fame.

I can assure you the highest levels are doing everything possible to identify where these leaks came from. It would not surprise me if it costs someone their job. I hope they felt it was worth it.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a possibility I guess, but I think that when the door is mounted vertically, it’s easier to carry and store in the same orientation. Think about buying plywood or Sheetrock and loading it onto a upright cart then transferring back to flat in a truck body. It’s a PIA. If you use a flat top cart it’s so much easier
BUT you could argue it’s a PIA to slide them in vertically. Most people would have to climbonto the back on the truck and slide them down. If they slide in horizontally then it could be done from the ground. Also it would make it easier to stack things on top without keys, chapstick, Juul pods, and the occasional joint falling between the doors and being a pain to retrieve.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not enough room in the 2-door for that setup
It shouldn’t matter between the 2 door and 4 door. If the 4 door fits the doors in the back vertically then the 2 door would too. If anything vertical doors in the back would take up MORE room than if they were payed horizontally.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You leave now ....and take this heresy with you!
Heathen!
Maybe Ford will see my post and think "Oh shit, someone is on to us. We better "leak" something else."

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like a Troller T4.

ford-troller-t4-suv-us-release-date-brazil-exterior-design-kansas-city-mo.jpg
and I'd be perfectly happy if they just reskinned and re-engined the troller into a Bronco.

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems reasonable. I hope however it is that it doesn't take up any space when not being used. I'm hoping for more like grooves in the floor, and against the rear seats rather than an object with a physical shape
I incision it similar to how a corvettes too stores in the trunk but vertical. It’s the only way describing the door storage as an oven makes sense... if he said toaster that’s a different story haha

either way I’m really excited for what is coming this month. I’ll take a 2door IFS or SFA with 37s please

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been lurking here a couple months. I really got excited seeing those photos last night. I had a 75 Bronco years back when I was a young Lt. Loved that vehicle. I really hope this a a retro update of the original.

I think the front end will when we finaly see it ...………… unmasked !!!

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

and I'd be perfectly happy if they just reskinned and re-engined the troller into a Bronco.

Me too !!!!! I always said EB style and Troller drivetrain,

5 cyl diesel and SFA/SRA coil sprung. It's almost unstoppable in South America

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It shouldn’t matter between the 2 door and 4 door. If the 4 door fits the doors in the back vertically then the 2 door would too. If anything vertical doors in the back would take up MORE room than if they were payed horizontally.
that was exactly what i was saying?
Sponsored