First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm looking to not have to splice the wires by using a speaker wiring adapter. Not sure they have one available yet.
Do you happen to know the wire gauge for the 4" speakers?
18GA

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2021+ Bronco 6 speaker wiring diagram.

Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco 6 speaker wiring diagram 6 Speaker System
to clarify here. the connector on the 6" midbass does not follow the schematic. it is not incorrect, it is schematically correct but physically different. pay attention to the small pin numbers. the wires from the audio control module/amp enter the midbass on pins 1 and 4 as noted not pins 3 and 4 as drawn.

in the terminal ON the kick panel midbass driver pins 1&2 are bridged and pins 3&4 are bridged. if you unplug the midbass, the dash speaker will quit working.

Also to just plainly type here and save some folks time. the right dash speaker positive is green/blue the left dash speaker positive is violet/gray.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

to clarify here. the connector on the 6" midbass does not follow the schematic. it is not incorrect, it is schematically correct but physically different. pay attention to the small pin numbers. the wires from the audio control module/amp enter the midbass on pins 1 and 4 as noted not pins 3 and 4 as drawn.

in the terminal ON the kick panel midbass driver pins 1&2 are bridged and pins 3&4 are bridged. if you unplug the midbass, the dash speaker will quit working.

Also to just plainly type here and save some folks time. the right dash speaker positive is green/blue the left dash speaker positive is violet/gray.
Thank you for typing that out more clearly for the dash speakers

As for the mid bass driver, does that bridging happen inside the speaker itself or is it higher up and only a pair of wires run to the actual speaker? I was hoping to just tap two wires when I swap that driver.

Sponsored

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you for typing that out more clearly for the dash speakers

As for the mid bass driver, does that bridging happen inside the speaker itself or is it higher up and only a pair of wires run to the actual speaker? I was hoping to just tap two wires when I swap that driver.
it doesnt happen in the speaker itself, it happens in the connector of the speaker. the connector that plugs into the midbass has 4 wires in it. two from the head unit/amplifier and two that go to the dash speakers. since the bridging is done at the connector on the speaker, if you unplug the midbass, you lose the dash speaker also. if you were going to cut the connector off and use a crimp on disconnect terminal to plug into replacement midbass, you would have two wires in each disconnect terminal. You would have the wires that were under pins 1 and 2 together as your positive and pins 3 and 4 together as your negative.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you verified the bridge? If the terminals were bridged that would imply the speakers are wired in parallel. Unplugging the connection at the kick panel would not kill the dash speaker.

On the other hand, if they are not bridged, i.e. negative kick to positive dash, wired in series, pulling the connection would create an open circuit killing the dash.

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you verified the bridge? If the terminals were bridged that would imply the speakers are wired in parallel. Unplugging the connection at the kick panel would not kill the dash speaker.

On the other hand, if they are not bridged, i.e. negative kick to positive dash, wired in series, pulling the connection would create an open circuit killing the dash.
yes the speaker itself has 4 pins that match the 4 pin connector from the harness.. when the connector is unplugged the 4 pins are not connected in any shape at all. so the dash speakers definitely quit working. i verified with a meter that the 4 pins in the midbass driver are bridged in the order of 1&2 and 3&4. Basically, you could take two paper clips and stick them into pins 1&2 and 3&4 and the dash speaker would work again.it is a very odd way of doing it. they could have physically spliced the wires prior to going to a two terminal midbass speaker instead of using a 4 terminal midbass driver to do the "splicing"

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yes the speaker itself has 4 pins that match the 4 pin connector from the harness.. when the connector is unplugged the 4 pins are not connected in any shape at all. so the dash speakers definitely quit working. i verified with a meter that the 4 pins in the midbass driver are bridged in the order of 1&2 and 3&4. Basically, you could take two paper clips and stick them into pins 1&2 and 3&4 and the dash speaker would work again.it is a very odd way of doing it. they could have physically spliced the wires prior to going to a two terminal midbass speaker instead of using a 4 terminal midbass driver to do the "splicing"
OK, maybe we have a different definition of bridging. I would define bridging as exactly what you did with the paper clips…complete the circuit left open when disconnecting the kick panel speaker.

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK, maybe we have a different definition of bridging. I would define bridging as exactly what you did with the paper clips…complete the circuit left open when disconnecting the kick panel speaker.
the bridging is done in the speaker connector.
Ford Bronco 2021+ Bronco 6 speaker wiring diagram Bronco front
Sponsored