David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

the bridging is done in the speaker connector.
Bronco front.jpg
By that diagram the dash speaker should work with the connector unplugged. There is still a complete circuit to the dash speaker.
Sponsored

LeBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Expedition Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
By that diagram the dash speaker should work with the connector unplugged. There is still a complete circuit to the dash speaker.
NO. the plug from the wiring harness is a 4 position female molex connector with ZERO interaction between positions!! plug that female connector into the midbass driver, which has pins 1&2 bridged together for positive and pins 3&4 together for negative in the actual connector itself, then and only then will positive and negative signal go to the female positions 2 and 3 in the harness molex connector to go to the dash.

my diagram shows them unplugged for clarity. imagine inserting the harness plug (on top of diagram) with two wires from amp on pins 1&4 and two wires from dash speaker on pins 2&3 plugging into the connector (on Bottom of diagram) on the midbass. then and only then will signal go through the internal buss/bridge in the midbass connector to pins 2 and 3 to the dash speaker!!

Last edited:

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know what kind of Load the headunit/amp is receiving from the 2 front speakers being wired like this? 2 ohms 4 ohms 8 ohms?

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NO. the plug from the wiring harness is a 4 position female molex connector with ZERO interaction between positions!! plug that female connector into the midbass driver, which has pins 1&2 bridged together for positive and pins 3&4 together for negative in the actual connector itself, then and only then will positive and negative signal go to the female positions 2 and 3 in the harness molex connector to go to the dash.

my diagram shows them unplugged for clarity. imagine inserting the harness plug (on top of diagram) with two wires from amp on pins 1&4 and two wires from dash speaker on pins 2&3 plugging into the connector (on Bottom of diagram) on the midbass. then and only then will signal go through the internal buss/bridge in the midbass connector to pins 2 and 3 to the dash speaker!!
Thank you. Going back I missed these key words " since the bridging is done at the connector on the speaker ".

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Found the Bronco's book code is L.
I was honestly hoping, since everyone jokes about Bronco 4-door being a lifted Flex, the Bronco would recycle the Flex's book code D.
Turns out D went to the Bronco Sport. L was used by 2006-2012 Ranger and 2013+ Focus RS.

ACM Connector C240A Diagram
You can change the 'C240A' in the URL to whatever connector you like.

Anyone playing with Sync will want C2383A -- the main 54-pin connector on the APIM.
Looking at the Location tab, I'm genuinely curious about that "CUSTOMER ACCESS C2608" connector by the footwell. Looks like it's related to aftermarket trailer brakes but the name is interesting. (Edit: Well duh. TBC == Trailer Brake Control)

Last edited:

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it doesnt happen in the speaker itself, it happens in the connector of the speaker. the connector that plugs into the midbass has 4 wires in it. two from the head unit/amplifier and two that go to the dash speakers. since the bridging is done at the connector on the speaker, if you unplug the midbass, you lose the dash speaker also. if you were going to cut the connector off and use a crimp on disconnect terminal to plug into replacement midbass, you would have two wires in each disconnect terminal. You would have the wires that were under pins 1 and 2 together as your positive and pins 3 and 4 together as your negative.
Thanks! Super helpful, sounds like I would just need to install my own bridges then, thats easy enough.

Zolie C.

Outer Banks
First Name
Zolie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Regarding the Bronco audio six speaker system discussed, which two wires and from what speaker(s) would you use to connect an aftermarket sub-woofer? Not sure all speakers have the high, mid, and low signals going to them, if that matters. TIA.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
question on the 6” speakers in the kick panel. These are just mid bass drivers correct? They don’t have a tweeter? So would just replace with a similar mid bass or could you put 2-way speakers in the dash and the kick panel?

Sponsored

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The speakers in the dash and in the rear have a capacitor on them which is sized to pull the base out., so essentially they are tweeters.
You can see it in this video at this spot.

CyberBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 black diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hooked up 4 inch kicker coaxial speakers in the front and rear. Front speakers sound good, rear speakers don’t have as much output. Both pairs are the same model of speaker. Any difference between the the front or rear amp or radio that would cause that?

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also to just plainly type here and save some folks time. the right dash speaker positive is green/blue the left dash speaker positive is violet/gray.
You have this backwards. Should be right dash positive is violet/gray and left dash positive is green/blue. This is how the diagram shows it and here's a photo of the left hand connector... There's no violet/gray, only green/blue.

D5A1B900-E744-4230-9AF1-8BB8B167BF03.jpeg

1D722089-632A-4123-A714-712E84C7DC58.jpeg

Martiin

Outer Banks
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello
I have an LC2i pro which I Will be using to Connect 2 amps 1 for base 1 for mide and high. One the LC2i pro you have 2 input channel where one input would connect to a mid output from the head unit and the other input to a high output from head unit. This is to get highest output going to subwoofer mainly. With that being said would I take the Signal from one of the front speakers and as my mid signal and back speakers as my high?

Thanks

walleethewhale

Badlands
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek Premium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone give me a quick lesson on how to read this wiring schematic? I just want to try and understand the wiring before I move forward with installing some new speakers.
Sponsored