Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Video on the rear AUX cable
Not sure if this is your video but I found this last night on another thread and you saved me so much time, thank you. I ended up cutting the wire along the rear passenger running board like you (?) suggested, popped on a butt connector, ran a new wire under the rear folding storage board and into the jack cubby to wire my rear bumper lights in.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions AA5ECDC3-AC4B-4F35-BFED-AFC9C5B33714

Captain Rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found how to make the switches always on rather than switched with the key. I've been searching the forums, but coming up empty.

UniformMink11

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Ram, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone found how to make the switches always on rather than switched with the key. I've been searching the forums, but coming up empty.
I’m pretty sure you would have to cut into a lot of wiring. It’s probably possible but I doubt anyone has figured it out yet

Captain Rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe, Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pretty sure you would have to cut into a lot of wiring. It’s probably possible but I doubt anyone has figured it out yet

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I might open the fuse box and move Aux 5 and 6 to an acc fuse if possible.

Sponsored

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

**MAJOR EDITS MADE**
I definitely got it wrong the first time but I've been set straight (thank you @mjcutri @peta8368)!
Below are edited examples/macaroni art level diagrams lol

----------------------------

I'm a very visual person - this is how I'm making sense of this:

*Disclaimer: Apologies to those who are pros at this! I just geeked out and decided to make these for me and whomever else is "newtothis"

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco AUX Switches Wiring Diagram, Video, Discussions AA5ECDC3-AC4B-4F35-BFED-AFC9C5B33714

^^The red circle are the Aux Switches running into the engine bay
^^The blue circle are Circuits B1, B2, and C which originate in the engine bay

1) There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
2) In that same engine area are 3 Circuits (B1, B2, and C) that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose.
3) The remaining 2 Circuits (D & E) do NOT originate in the engine bay. Instead they originate in the glovebox area. You cannot DIRECTLY connect an Aux Switch to Circuit D or E.
4) Doing the math...if you connect 3 Aux switches to 3 of these pre-made Circuits in the engine bay...that will leave 3 Aux Switches unused. You can run your own wire from any of these 3 remaining Aux Switches to anywhere you want in the Bronco.

Example 1:

Let's say you want to power something that requires a decent amount of juice. Let's say that item is a high-powered light bar that would be mounted where the roof rack would mount to the front.
You can connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
From here Circuit B1 runs all the way to the glove box.
In the glove box you will find Circuit D.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit D.
From here, Circuit D is already running wire up towards the passenger-side visor (aka the roof). You can use the end of this wire to connect your light bar.

Now Aux 1 powers your light bar.

Example 2:

Same thing. Let's say that "high powered" item you want to be able to turn on/off is a mini-fridge in the back of your Bronco.
The first step is the same. You connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
In the glove box you will find Circuit E.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit E.
From here, Circuit E is already running wire back towards the rear. You can use the end of this wire to connect your mini-fridge.

Now Aux 1 powers your mini-fridge (instead of your light bar as in Example 1).

Example 3:

Now what if you don't want to power a light-bar on the roof or anything in the back? Do you have to use pre-made Circuits D & E? No you don't!

In this example let's say you just want to power some accessories inside of your bronco: maybe a CB radio and a dash cam.

The principles of the first two examples still apply here:

Aux 1 connects to Circuit B1 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B1 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your CB Radio. Aux 1 now powers your CB radio.

Aux 2 connects to Circuit B2 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B2 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your dash cam. Aux 2 now powers your dash cam.

Example 4:

Now this example is where I initially was woefully confused, but now I have been set straight!

This example is meant to illustrate why there are 6 total Aux Switches and "only" 3 total pre-made circuits that are available to connect to in the engine bay (B1, B2, and C).
In this example you, the Bronco owner, is using every single Aux Switch available.

Aux 1 connects to B2 which connects to E which in turn goes to the rear (example: for a mini-fridge)
Aux 2 connects to B1 which connects to D which in turn goes to the roof (example: for roof mounted light bar)
Aux 3 connects to C which goes directly to the front grill (example: for a winch or fog lights)

This leaves Aux 4, 5, and 6. All three of these Aux Switches still have wires leading from their respective switches inside to the engine bay. Sadly...they don't have partner wires to dance with! This means you have to use your own wire and run it to wherever you want it to go in the Bronco.

Take home points:

1) I was confused at first. I thought there were 5 pre-made Circuits available in the engine bay for the Aux switches to directly connect to. Instead there are only 3 (B1, B2, and C).

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want).

3) Doing the math, there are 3 Aux switch wires that are left as "freebies" with no pre-made circuits to attach to. At first I thought that this was inconvenient. Why not have more pre-made circuits to attach them to? But all 3 of these "extra" Aux switches can still be run using your own wire to wherever you want! Cowl/pod lights on the hood? Extra accessories to the dash? The possibilities are endless!

4) My first foray at this was a disaster...so I apologize for the confusion! But the above edits should be accurate! And an additional apology if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha
Thank you so much for the info! I am looking to add aftermarket heating to the passenger seat, for my Wife. What would be your recommended method for wiring to an aux switch? My limited knowledge tells me you could connect to the wires in the glove box, but it also appears you have to jump the wires there, to the fuse box, to access one of the aux switches. I am considering an aux switch, because other than adding the Oracle illuminated BRONCO letting, and Rough Country lights to the modular bumper, I don't see adding much more. I will let the vendor connect the wiring, I am simply trying to give them as much info as I can, to help simplify their process.

UniformMink11

Badlands
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Ram, 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking I might open the fuse box and move Aux 5 and 6 to an acc fuse if possible.
Thank you so much for the info! I am looking to add aftermarket heating to the passenger seat, for my Wife. What would be your recommended method for wiring to an aux switch? My limited knowledge tells me you could connect to the wires in the glove box, but it also appears you have to jump the wires there, to the fuse box, to access one of the aux switches. I am considering an aux switch, because other than adding the Oracle illuminated BRONCO letting, and Rough Country lights to the modular bumper, I don't see adding much more. I will let the vendor connect the wiring, I am simply trying to give them as much info as I can, to help simplify their process.
I would recommend tapping into the rear quarter panel wire because it passes on the passenger side and you can easily find it. All you would have to do is remove one of the trim panels which come out pretty easily and then wire into it.

MillerAndCheeto

Wildtrak
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Cyber Orange Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
**MAJOR EDITS MADE**
I definitely got it wrong the first time but I've been set straight (thank you @mjcutri @peta8368)!
Below are edited examples/macaroni art level diagrams lol

----------------------------

I'm a very visual person - this is how I'm making sense of this:

*Disclaimer: Apologies to those who are pros at this! I just geeked out and decided to make these for me and whomever else is "newtothis"

^^The red circle are the Aux Switches running into the engine bay
^^The blue circle are Circuits B1, B2, and C which originate in the engine bay

1) There are 6 Aux Switches...each that run wire down in the engine area. These are all powered, but none of them are connected to anything.
2) In that same engine area are 3 Circuits (B1, B2, and C) that you can connect to any of the Aux Switches in any order you choose.
3) The remaining 2 Circuits (D & E) do NOT originate in the engine bay. Instead they originate in the glovebox area. You cannot DIRECTLY connect an Aux Switch to Circuit D or E.
4) Doing the math...if you connect 3 Aux switches to 3 of these pre-made Circuits in the engine bay...that will leave 3 Aux Switches unused. You can run your own wire from any of these 3 remaining Aux Switches to anywhere you want in the Bronco.

Example 1:

Let's say you want to power something that requires a decent amount of juice. Let's say that item is a high-powered light bar that would be mounted where the roof rack would mount to the front.
You can connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
In the glove box you will find Circuit D.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit D.
From here, Circuit D is already running wire up towards the passenger-side visor (aka the roof). You can use the end of this wire to connect your light bar.

Now Aux 1 powers your light bar.

Example 2:

Same thing. Let's say that "high powered" item you want to be able to turn on/off is a mini-fridge in the back of your Bronco.
The first step is the same. You connect the Aux 1 Wire (the wire with the most amperage) to Circuit B1 (this connection happens in the engine bay).
In the glove box you will find Circuit E.
Here, you can connect Circuit B1 to Circuit E.
From here, Circuit E is already running wire back towards the rear. You can use the end of this wire to connect your mini-fridge.

Now Aux 1 powers your mini-fridge (instead of your light bar as in Example 1).

Example 3:

Now what if you don't want to power a light-bar on the roof or anything in the back? Do you have to use pre-made Circuits D & E? No you don't!

In this example let's say you just want to power some accessories inside of your bronco: maybe a CB radio and a dash cam.

The principles of the first two examples still apply here:

Aux 1 connects to Circuit B1 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B1 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your CB Radio. Aux 1 now powers your CB radio.

Aux 2 connects to Circuit B2 (this happens in the engine bay). Circuit B2 travels to the glovebox. From the glovebox you can directly connect your dash cam. Aux 2 now powers your dash cam.

Example 4:

Now this example is where I initially was woefully confused, but now I have been set straight!

This example is meant to illustrate why there are 6 total Aux Switches and "only" 3 total pre-made circuits that are available to connect to in the engine bay (B1, B2, and C).
In this example you, the Bronco owner, is using every single Aux Switch available.

Aux 1 connects to B2 which connects to E which in turn goes to the rear (example: for a mini-fridge)
Aux 2 connects to B1 which connects to D which in turn goes to the roof (example: for roof mounted light bar)
Aux 3 connects to C which goes directly to the front grill (example: for a winch or fog lights)

This leaves Aux 4, 5, and 6. All three of these Aux Switches still have wires leading from their respective switches inside to the engine bay. Sadly...they don't have partner wires to dance with! This means you have to use your own wire and run it to wherever you want it to go in the Bronco.

Take home points:

1) I was confused at first. I thought there were 5 pre-made Circuits available in the engine bay for the Aux switches to directly connect to. Instead there are only 3 (B1, B2, and C).

2) You have a choice as to which parts of the bronco get the most amperage (You can connect Aux 1 to whatever circuit you want).

3) Doing the math, there are 3 Aux switch wires that are left as "freebies" with no pre-made circuits to attach to. At first I thought that this was inconvenient. Why not have more pre-made circuits to attach them to? But all 3 of these "extra" Aux switches can still be run using your own wire to wherever you want! Cowl/pod lights on the hood? Extra accessories to the dash? The possibilities are endless!

4) My first foray at this was a disaster...so I apologize for the confusion! But the above edits should be accurate! And an additional apology if this is all horribly obvious to most of you...I just started geeking out and made all that haha
@Administrator could this particular post be made as a sticky? Incredibly useful information. Back in December I saw a lot of confusion on what Amperage the wires going to the different areas could handle - with 1.5mm^2 wires going to the entire vehicle this should help clear it up for those wondering if their built-in wires will work for a light bar.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else having difficulty finding the White/Grey wire under the dash to connect?
Passenger side front right above the kick panel speaker. Should be right there with the grey/orange wire. I saw it when I was connecting the grey/orange wire over the weekend.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes I was able to this past weekend. I'll snap pictures of it and provide the proper pin/harness location. One wire feeds power to switches 1-4 and the other wire feeds power to switches 5-6.

gizmohd

Badlands
First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport (Wife), Bronco Badlands (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Passenger side front right above the kick panel speaker. Should be right there with the grey/orange wire. I saw it when I was connecting the grey/orange wire over the weekend.
yea i found it.. (by accident really)... it was still tucked up in the wiring harness.. and i had to pull it out to get to the free end... may have just been how my harness was made.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Over the weekend I wanted to take advantage of the AUX wiring. My first attempt, and probably the hardest, was to connect AUX 6 to the rear (Circuit E). What a challenge, I first wanted to connect some waterproof 1-pin connectors to the AUX wires in the engine bay, so that later I would have the option of moving them to different switches if I wanted/needed to in the future. That wasn't too bad, but c'mon Ford, give me a little more slack in the wiring. So step one, connect AUX 6 to (Brown/white (Circuit B1 or B2)), then you have to connect the Orange/White wire to the Brown/White wire under the glove box. At this point, I wish you good luck in finding them, you literally have no room to connect them together, c'mon Ford provide some slack. Somehow I found a way to get them connected, and now onto the rear. I have a Rear Enclosure installed, so this has to come all the way out. Next step is to remove this rear panel, because the white/orange wire is in no man's land. Once I got it off, then really it was all cake from there, you have to take off some other trim pieces, like the one by the tailgate. The hardest part about the whole thing was the wires in the glove box. I dont see me doing any other lights in the rear, so the tough job is over.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m sure this is posted here somewhere, I have the unterminated wires under the hood on the drivers side, but no other wires to connect too nearby. I did find the unterminated violet wire along the radiator though, haven’t looked for the others. I don’t have the AUX switches, but may add them later. Thanks!
Sponsored