Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope that is the design because it makes the most engineering sense. But... what still is confusing is the wire sizing coming from the wire loom running along the firewall (two ea. 16AWG and 4 ea. 18AWG). Based on the electrical schematic you've posted, what doesn't make sense is why the need to splice wires together in the engine bay? If the fuse and relay are in a distribution box (I'm assuming it is "Box A" in the earlier drawing), why not just use electrical spade lugs terminals on the inside of the box ( i.e. out of the elements) to start the circuit from the power-side of the relay (i.e. at "Wire 1", "Wire 2", etc.). For a factory electrical system having terminated wires with just heat shrink at the ends, seems a bit unorthodox. Why not have connectorized terminations for the two circuits behind the glovebox.

Doesn't make sense to me. Especially from an electrical system reliability standpoint.
I wonder if any of our fine members who have already taken delivery and have the know-how would mind confirming this theory for us. 💪🥳🔥.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if any of our fine members who have already taken delivery and have the know-how would mind confirming this theory for us. 💪🥳🔥.
I hope that is the design because it makes the most engineering sense. But... what still is confusing is the wire sizing coming from the wire loom running along the firewall (two ea. 16AWG and 4 ea. 18AWG). Based on the electrical schematic you've posted, what doesn't make sense is why the need to splice wires together in the engine bay? If the fuse and relay are in a distribution box (I'm assuming it is "Box A" in the earlier drawing), why not just use electrical spade lugs terminals on the inside of the box ( i.e. out of the elements) to start the circuit from the power-side of the relay (i.e. at "Wire 1", "Wire 2", etc.). For a factory electrical system having terminated wires with just heat shrink at the ends, seems a bit unorthodox. Why not have connectorized terminations for the two circuits behind the glovebox.

Doesn't make sense to me. Especially from an electrical system reliability standpoint.
Because it allows the most flexibility without dictating what you do with the wires. Also why add connectors unnecessarily? Best to give the owner the choice of what they want to do.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very unlikely.
Maybe, but there are likely some aspects that are there, just because it's cheaper to mass produce harnesses that way.

It comes down to efficiencies of scale vs cost of components. This will be completely dictated by which is cheaper to produce. If it's cheaper to have two different harnesses or an additional harness only for the Aux switches. That's how this will be determined at Ford.

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My question is my Bronco did not come equipped and I see all the wiring there ran thru the bronco but will we be able to switch out the sun glasses holder for the Aux switches seems like it is a replacement of that upper plate hopefully a easy install but once we can see the parts manual for the Bronco. All the dealerships are still waiting on them.

Sponsored

JGee

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I popped off the driver side rear access panel and I cannot see the aux wiring. Did anyone try this already and find it? Want to use that line to drive a subwoofer amp.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I popped off the driver side rear access panel and I cannot see the aux wiring. Did anyone try this already and find it? Want to use that line to drive a subwoofer amp.
These folks talk about adding a sub, by using new 14 ga wire (they go down to 14 in a follow up video), and tying into the 6.5” floor speakers. I’m not sure if that’s how a professional shop would do it, but they say they have good results.

Perfect-Beast-2

Black Diamond
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100 / 1980 F150 Stepside / 2019 F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Oh, YAY! This first mapping image is gold.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Added quick disconnects so i can easily move accessories to any switch…

3AC5602C-ADC7-4BED-83FC-EC2C743403C5.jpeg

B8B7435C-CBBC-4D0C-ABC0-64DF030E0139.jpeg
My apologies if this was previously posted…do you have a link for these?

Last edited:

Sponsored

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

stangsdado

First Edition
First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think i read where they are ignition wired, but the last two might be reworked to remain hot.
@JaxGtc Do you remember where you saw this (about rewiring switches to remain hot)?

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@JaxGtc Do you remember where you saw this (about rewiring switches to remain hot)?
Hi, I'm sorry I do not recall the thread, but I assume it was related to the topic of the upfitter switches. The search function is challenging, but you can give it a shot.

stangsdado

First Edition
First Name
Dado
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi, I'm sorry I do not recall the thread, but I assume it was related to the topic of the upfitter switches. The search function is challenging, but you can give it a shot.
LOL! Searched and searched and now my face is 🔵 . Easy to find info on the switches themselves. It's the rewiring that's hard to find.
Sponsored