First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
4 of these, Kicker 47KSC404 4" coaxial 300w are perfect fit for the dash and roll bar. 1 hour total to install.
Thanks for that. According to Crutchfield, it only fits in the raw bar? Did these kicker 4 inch speakers fit in the dash corner? Would like to get them as well if you didn’t have to customize anything with the factory grill
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for that. According to Crutchfield, it only fits in the raw bar? Did these kicker 4 inch speakers fit in the dash corner? Would like to get them as well if you didn’t have to customize anything with the factory grill
If you had to trim some of the plastic back (like I did on the inside of kick panel speaker covers), it's not the end of the world; as the plastic was easily trimmed by knife. From what I saw, anything that would easily fit into the pods should fit in the dash. Also, looking at the specific speaker, you should not have to trim anything but the tabs on the speakers.

Last edited:

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you had to trim some of the plastic back (like I did on the inside of kick panel speaker covers), it's not the end of the world; as the plastic was easily trimmed by knife. From what I saw, anything that would easily fit into the pods should fit in the dash. Also, looking at the specific speaker, you should not have to trim anything but the tabs on the speakers.
Thanks. No issue with the tabs. Just curious why crutchfield says they only fit in roll bar vs dash…?

faziorf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR OBX AMB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. No issue with the tabs. Just curious why crutchfield says they only fit in roll bar vs dash…?
I think Crutchfield is being very conservative with their depth measurement for both the dash and the roll bar, and I wish we knew how they were measuring it and why it appears off.

If you look at the "will it fit" measurements for the Roll bar, they measure the depth at 1.795
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review 1641654649596

For the dash it's 1.758
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review 1641654737515

It appears when they generate the list of "fitting" speakers, they simply compare 'what 4" speakers fit all these measurements?' As far as I can tell, that's the discrepancy why:
  • There are different # of options for Dash and Roll bar
  • Certain speakers we know fit based on other's work are listed as "won't fit"
The Kickers are listed at 1.78 which kicks it out of the Dash but includes it in the Roll Bar.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review 1641655153935

BoogieMan1

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2DR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty good review. Listen with headphones for best experience.

Thanks for the review. I have had my FE 2dr for two months now and the B&O system has been tough to tune. Coming from my Jeep Rubicon JLU with the Alpine system, I haven’t been that impressed. The B&O sounds a bit hollow in comparison to the Alpine that was warmer/tighter. Any recommendations on the equalizer settings or other adjustments is welcomed.

Sponsored

Gouldjb

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think Crutchfield is being very conservative with their depth measurement for both the dash and the roll bar, and I wish we knew how they were measuring it and why it appears off.

If you look at the "will it fit" measurements for the Roll bar, they measure the depth at 1.795

For the dash it's 1.758

It appears when they generate the list of "fitting" speakers, they simply compare 'what 4" speakers fit all these measurements?' As far as I can tell, that's the discrepancy why:
  • There are different # of options for Dash and Roll bar
  • Certain speakers we know fit based on other's work are listed as "won't fit"
The Kickers are listed at 1.78 which kicks it out of the Dash but includes it in the Roll Bar.
SUPER helpful, bud - thx for that. Sounds like the "Depth" is marginally off...so I take it that others were still able to get that to fit? If so, I'll go purchase ...thx all!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
SUPER helpful, bud - thx for that. Sounds like the "Depth" is marginally off...so I take it that others were still able to get that to fit? If so, I'll go purchase ...thx all!
You could easily shim with a washer if the depth is off.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You could easily shim with a washer if the depth is off.
Very helpful thread. Now that I have a good idea what should fit in the OEM locations, I just need to select a set! Mpeugeot, the speakers you installed sound like a good start. Not to expensive but still great sound. Those kicker ones also seem to be popular. Decisions decisions! You going to that PPo5 offroad event in 3 weeks? I decided to bite the bullet and take the 8 hour drive down with the fam!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very helpful thread. Now that I have a good idea what should fit in the OEM locations, I just need to select a set! Mpeugeot, the speakers you installed sound like a good start. Not to expensive but still great sound. Those kicker ones also seem to be popular. Decisions decisions! You going to that PPo5 offroad event in 3 weeks? I decided to bite the bullet and take the 8 hour drive down with the fam!
Unfortunately, I can't make it to Florida then.

The kickers actually look really nice. I would love to hear both side by side as well. I will say that the cone material on the kickers look better. I don't think that you can go wrong either way. I just picked a mid-priced speakers that had overwhelmly positive reviews.

Based on the description, the Kickers have a slightly greater low end response at 60 Hz vs 70-75 Hz, but the Morel Ultra Coax 402's Mk II is more expensive than any of the kickers. (the lower end Kickers seem to be a great value and the KSC's seem to have nicer cones than the Morel speakers). However, all of the Bronco reviews on the Morel speakers have been consistent with my experience.

Last edited:

BroncoOB

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia, Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've been looking at Speaker replacement but not sure between the Kicker 47KSC404 or Polk Audio DB 402 (marine certified), or Rockford Fosgate R14X2. thoughts???
Sponsored