Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've driven Broncos with the standard system (High package) and the B&O system (Lux package). The standard system is really bad. I mean, really, really bad. The B&O system is livable, although I'd like more oomph from the back. But the front was FAR more clear.

We plan to do some road trips with this thing, and I've become addicted to ACC on vehicles. Plus, esp on a vehicle like this, I don't want to have to use a clip-on garage door opener. Yeah, I know that seems like a small thing, but I'll pay $500 just to have the garage door opener built in. Throw in the ACC and massively upgraded sound, plus the extra USB ports and wireless charging, and the Lux works for me. I'll probably still upgrade the speakers, but I've done that in most cars, anyway.
That's where I'm at. Makes no sense to me to spend so much and then cheap out on the things you are used to having.
Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Toyota Tundra; 2020 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah we need to know some speaker specs.

I'm really curious about the sub and amp pushing it.
I had reached out to @flip to see if he had access to any spec breakdown of the B&O system. The best he could find is the following:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review 1631057786988

As for individual speakers - I've seen others post pics of a removed speaker and they are printed with the speaker wattage on the back....

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone written about the B&O rear cargo area woofer and how it interacts with the cargo area enclosures or security drawer?

I'd hate to spend so much money for Lux AND the the enclosure or drawer, only to have a metallic rattling sound accompany my big bad bronco bass... :/

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had reached out to @flip to see if he had access to any spec breakdown of the B&O system. The best he could find is the following:
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review 1631057786988

As for individual speakers - I've seen others post pics of a removed speaker and they are printed with the speaker wattage on the back....
660 peak watts ain't too bad. I wonder what the RMS is?

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Has anyone written about the B&O rear cargo area woofer and how it interacts with the cargo area enclosures or security drawer?

I'd hate to spend so much money for Lux AND the the enclosure or drawer, only to have a metallic rattling sound accompany my big bad bronco bass... :/
It doesn’t produce enough bass to worry about that.

Sponsored

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

660 peak watts ain't too bad. I wonder what the RMS is?
I wonder as well... with front, rear, center, and sub.. I've tried mathing out individual channel wattages.... Might pull half of the speakers to see what wattages are listed on them, that will give an idea. Not super worried at this point as I'm still waiting.... But, with all the new threads about sound quality and upgrades to the base system; I've listened to both (a little) on test drives. My thoughts at this point will be to enjoy what I have when I get mine, getting lux package on my badlands. Then first upgrade will be adding dynamat sound deadening behind all the speakers. Then maybe in time, I'll go hog wild... maybe.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder as well... with front, rear, center, and sub.. I've tried mathing out individual channel wattages.... Might pull half of the speakers to see what wattages are listed on them, that will give an idea. Not super worried at this point as I'm still waiting.... But, with all the new threads about sound quality and upgrades to the base system; I've listened to both (a little) on test drives. My thoughts at this point will be to enjoy what I have when I get mine, getting lux package on my badlands. Then first upgrade will be adding dynamat sound deadening behind all the speakers. Then maybe in time, I'll go hog wild... maybe.
The center and rear are NOT amplified. B&O really needs an additional amp and better speakers for the rear pods.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review FBBD99A3-71C9-48E8-B37F-00E0C620A508
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review D1DB29EC-3FC7-4691-A36E-6AC226AC5D94

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The center and rear are NOT amplified. B&O really needs an additional amp and better speakers for the rear pods.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco B&O Sound System Review D1DB29EC-3FC7-4691-A36E-6AC226AC5D94
Thanks for pointing that out.... I've studied this wiring diagram, hadn't noticed that center and rear pod appear to come straight off head unit and all others off the DSP. That said, (my opinion) they don't necessarily need to be - the center channel and rear channels are just there for a some filler. Most all sound for what you'll be listening to will be front left and right channels then sub for low end. Just like how it was described in the video. Whether it's a good or bad design is subjective, especially for the type of vehicle. I know what I like and will tailor to my tastes as everyone else will to theirs.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for pointing that out.... I've studied this wiring diagram, hadn't noticed that center and rear pod appear to come straight off head unit and all others off the DSP. That said, (my opinion) they don't necessarily need to be - the center channel and rear channels are just there for a some filler. Most all sound for what you'll be listening to will be front left and right channels then sub for low end. Just like how it was described in the video. Whether it's a good or bad design is subjective, especially for the type of vehicle. I know what I like and will tailor to my tastes as everyone else will to theirs.
It sounds like a decent Bluetooth speaker is set on the dash. If you like a sound field with no rear to speak of, then no tweaking needed!

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It sounds like a decent Bluetooth speaker is set on the dash. If you like a sound field with no rear to speak of, then no tweaking needed!
Well I do like my bluetooth speakers, so I should be just fine....

Sponsored

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea đź’ˇ What about mounting the speakers in foam baffles rather than lining with dynamat? Not sure how much room there is behind the Bronco speakers? But that's what I usually do. I'm getting lux with my Badlands too. I'll probably end up replacing the speakers with Focal and install crossovers. I'm sure you know, when you can adjust and direct the right frequencies to the right speakers it makes the amp(s) more efficient. I replaced my Mustangs door speakers with Infinity Kappa separates, installed the tweeters in the door panel speaker covers with the crossovers behind the door panels, and set mid-woofers in foam baffles. I replaced the rear deck speakers with Kappa coaxials in foam baffles too. With the stock amps, it made a huge difference!

JAC

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good idea đź’ˇ What about mounting the speakers in foam baffles rather than lining with dynamat? Not sure how much room there is behind the Bronco speakers? But that's what I usually do. I'm getting lux with my Badlands too. I'll probably end up replacing the speakers with Focal and install crossovers. I'm sure you know, when you can adjust and direct the right frequencies to the right speakers it makes the amp(s) more efficient. I replaced my Mustangs door speakers with Infinity Kappa separates, installed the tweeters in the door panel speaker covers with the crossovers behind the door panels, and set mid-woofers in foam baffles. I replaced the rear deck speakers with Kappa coaxials in foam baffles too. With the stock amps, it made a huge difference!
Todd, honestly hadn't thought about using foam baffles, good idea - I'll look into that as well. Knowing now the total wattage is 660 max output, I've priced out going with JLAudio or Infinity as replaements for all speakers (less tweeters) including the sub. I'd like to stay away from amping the system if possible due to only have high pass line out (I prefer RCA, but I'm dating myself). Additionally, it's been easily 30 years since I've really messed with aftermarket systems. As I said in another post, I've listened to both systems, the base needs work, and the lux sounded decent - nothing like my wifes Acura, but equal or better than my Tundra. Which makes me happy. That said I ususally get a new vehicle every 3-4 years; with this Bronco having wanted one for a long time (looked into picking up a 1st gen and restoring it) I'll likely keep this much longer than others. Which will ultimately lead me down the road of customization, not just stereo but wheels, tires, lift, etc...
Appreciate the info, will be looking forward reading about whatever mods you make and share here on B6G.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry gonna need something other than elevator music to test this thing.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Todd, honestly hadn't thought about using foam baffles, good idea - I'll look into that as well. Knowing now the total wattage is 660 max output, I've priced out going with JLAudio or Infinity as replaements for all speakers (less tweeters) including the sub. I'd like to stay away from amping the system if possible due to only have high pass line out (I prefer RCA, but I'm dating myself). Additionally, it's been easily 30 years since I've really messed with aftermarket systems. As I said in another post, I've listened to both systems, the base needs work, and the lux sounded decent - nothing like my wifes Acura, but equal or better than my Tundra. Which makes me happy. That said I ususally get a new vehicle every 3-4 years; with this Bronco having wanted one for a long time (looked into picking up a 1st gen and restoring it) I'll likely keep this much longer than others. Which will ultimately lead me down the road of customization, not just stereo but wheels, tires, lift, etc...
Appreciate the info, will be looking forward reading about whatever mods you make and share here on B6G.
Can't go wrong with JLAudio Subs. I really like Infinity Kappa speakers. Give the Kappa's a look. Good luck, and have fun. Whenever you get your new Rig?

Reactions: JAC

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sitting still, the B&O sounds really decent (I am not an audiophile, but I have owned some higher end equipment before). Road noise certainly could/would be a challenge, however, I am curious as to what difference the tires on a stock OBX vs the M/T's would have on the overall evaluation. Also curious on how it will sound in the 2 door. I suspect that a 2 door OBX would sound better than a 4 door WT.
Sponsored