First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Raptor / '20 JLUR (sold) / '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Review. Was pleased to hear some positive comments on the B&O system as that is what i ordered. Also love that he is using uncompressed audio on a stand alone drive for the review. This is something that that I don't think enough people understand JUST how important the quality of the recording is. Garbage in, Garbage out!!

I am coming from a 2020 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited with the alpine system. I thought it was a decent system particularly with good downloaded content. The jeep even sounded good using any of the higher end music services (Amazon HD, Tidal etc..)

Bronco Order info - I was a late in the first day Reservation. I was a March 2nd 2021 order and then on June 1st amended my order from MIC top to a soft top. I was an 8/31st production (actually it confirmed production a few days earlier on the tracker) and I am scheduled to be shipped and delivered b/t Sept 16 and Sept 22.

White - 4dr - Badlands - Sasquatch - Lux.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The main issue with the B&O its a huge downgrade from the Jeep alpine system, the logical comparison. The rear pod speakers are not amplified and basically worthless, causing a front heavy sound stage. Adding an amp to and replacing the rear pods, which are the same crappy speakers that come with the base system, should make a huge difference.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The main issue with the B&O its a huge downgrade from the Jeep alpine system, the logical comparison. The rear pod speakers are not amplified and basically worthless, causing a front heavy sound stage. Adding an amp to and replacing the rear pods, which are the same crappy speakers that come with the base system, should make a huge difference.
noob question, but since the B&O is only available on the higher trims/packages, would it be more value to just add an amp and better speakers to the base system? This is where I'm leaning anyways.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

noob question, but since the B&O is only available on the higher trims/packages, would it be more value to just add an amp and better speakers to the base system? This is where I'm leaning anyways.
You can get a better system by doing this. Finding a place to stick a sub in the Bronco is an issue. It really depends what you want out of lux. I would not spend the $ if all I cared about was the B&O system.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My problem isn't B&O, it's the cost to get there keeping things you want (MGV, etc.). Would be perfect for me.

Can't get it in BD or lower. Let's jump up to a BL High for 7k. Wait, B&O is in Lux. Add another 2300.

So if you value B&O you're adding 10k, and I'll be honest, nothing in Lux stands out beyond adaptive cruise (that I don't need), heated wheel, (like) and a garage door opener that should be standard.

So here we are. I guess I do my own upgrades that are probably around 1k. It just sucks I have to sink money into something new because they don't have packages, they have tiers.

Sponsored

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding an amp to and replacing the rear pods, which are the same crappy speakers that come with the base system, should make a huge difference.
Does that mean the front dash speakers are the same as well? Or are the front and back 4" different?

Also can't wait for smart people to figure out adding the amp.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Does that mean the front dash speakers are the same as well? Or are the front and back 4" different?

Also can't wait for smart people to figure out adding the amp.
The front dash speakers are different, they are two way. The front kick panel speakers may be the same, waiting for clarification on that, but they are amplified in the B&O so likely different.

BL2.7SAS4DR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Adding an amp to and replacing the rear pods, which are the same crappy speakers that come with the base system, should make a huge difference.
They are the same speakers? Has anyone verified this?

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My problem isn't B&O, it's the cost to get there keeping things you want (MGV, etc.). Would be perfect for me.

Can't get it in BD or lower. Let's jump up to a BL High for 7k. Wait, B&O is in Lux. Add another 2300.

So if you value B&O you're adding 10k, and I'll be honest, nothing in Lux stands out beyond adaptive cruise (that I don't need), heated wheel, (like) and a garage door opener that should be standard.

So here we are. I guess I do my own upgrades that are probably around 1k. It just sucks I have to sink money into something new because they don't have packages, they have tiers.
Same logic here! I love my music but not enough to jump up thousands of dollars just to have a better stereo. I'll be looking into aftermarket installers to upgrade the speakers and maybe add an amp.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think i could tell the difference between a $50 system and $5000 system.

Sound is sound, lol.

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got back from the Austin Off-Roadeo with my brother. We had a BaseSquatch the first day and when we turned on the radio were like “whoa, this is garbage”…it is really bad.

Day 2 we had an Outer Banks with the B&O and as soon as we turned it on it was like night and day. Tremendous difference. Not saying it is winning any audiophile awards but we were really happy with it.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have struggled between going with the high or lux packages simply for the B&O sound system. I own a 2911 F 150 crew Lariat that has the Sony stereo system. It is fantastic. I try to justify not going with the lux package, but the sound system want keeps pulling me back. The packages , just like the model options make this a frustrating decision. I don’t need a BL, but since I want CO and the MGV interior, the BL provides the finest looking interior. I only wish Ford would free up the interior choice limitations and allow MGV in the WT or OBX. The OBX SAS is the model I should go with, but the interior isn’t great and it just doesn’t go with CO. Two door is my choice as well.

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs