First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got me, I was thinking of AudioFile Magazine and didn't give it much thought.
Lol you’re good, I just laughed when I read it. Thanks for having a sense of humor.
Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

waiting for the Crutchfield Bronco basic upgrade package. I think I will get better output sourcing speakers and a quality amp just funding audio and getting it out of the package upgrade approach. I have B&O in my Audi and its pretty nice but wouldn't compel me to a pricey package
Hi, thanks for the tip. It's been years since I ordered from crutchfield but always had good service. I think in the past I only bought single items, never a package. Are you saying that Crutchfield will do the research for us and select different packages (based on cost) that work/tune well for the Broncos? If so, I am in. I have done that very thing at an independent audio shop but looking back I didn't trust that they really selected compoements best for my vehicle's design. I can see where a company that has the potential to sell thousands of the same package for the same car would take the time to figure this out.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol you’re good, I just laughed when I read it. Thanks for having a sense of humor.
Life's too short to be wound up that tight. I don't mind. I look at it with the old "Sticks and Stones" mentally. Not insinuating that's what you were doing. Poor grammar, misspellings, etc. bother me a little too. Honestly I had been looking for audio books, and my phone just plugged it in and I didn't catch it. Damn auto populate-spell correct! 😎

TravisD

Wildtrak
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi, thanks for the tip. It's been years since I ordered from crutchfield but always had good service. I think in the past I only bought single items, never a package. Are you saying that Crutchfield will do the research for us and select different packages (based on cost) that work/tune well for the Broncos? If so, I am in. I have done that very thing at an independent audio shop but looking back I didn't trust that they really selected compoements best for my vehicle's design. I can see where a company that has the potential to sell thousands of the same package for the same car would take the time to figure this out.
in theory they will but like 99% of after market subs they are still in waiting pattern to come up with a recommendation. Its a filter to come to the speaker recommends where it states:
Sorry, we haven't researched your vehicle yet, so we are unable to confirm which products fit at this time.

Some reasons why we're coming up short:

• We haven't yet found installation gear for your newer vehicle that meets our standards.
  • You have an older vehicle for which installation gear has never been available.
  • We haven't yet found an example of your vehicle to research.
  • We know that it's extremely difficult to install a car stereo or speakers in your particular vehicle.
Whatever the reason, we are always keeping an eye out for new installation parts and more vehicles to research, so keep checking our site.

If you're willing to measure your own vehicle for a custom installation, or would like to talk about other options for improving the sound in your vehicle, please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000.

So if dying for new gear the specs are out there and a call would work. I have some good car install places around I would trust as well. I'm as worried about the install as the selection

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well done video, thanks for posting. But, I would have loved to hear just a little of AC/DC's Thunderstruck. For me, growing up in the days of AM radio, and one speaker in the center of the dash that B&O system sounds damn good to me. I glad I decided to go ahead, and spring for the LUX package.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life's too short to be wound up that tight. I don't mind. I look at it with the old "Sticks and Stones" mentally. Not insinuating that's what you were doing. Poor grammar, misspellings, etc. bother me a little too. Honestly I had been looking for audio books, and my phone just plugged it in and I didn't catch it. Damn auto populate-spell correct! 😎
I’ll point out funny spelling mistakes because I find them humorous. Like when someone says they don’t have the patients for this, are you a doctor? 🤔 Good mentality though, people can’t laugh at themselves anymore, everything is offensive. I like when people point out things like then/than, I frequently mess that up without even thinking about what i’m saying or to/too. That kind of stuff just makes you look like you’re bored with your life. Grammar is only funny when it leads to stuff like, helping grandpa jack off the horse vs helping grandpa jack, off the horse. 😂 It’s allowed at that point.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done video, but I would have loved to hear just a little of AC/DC's Thunderstruck. For me, growing up in the days of AM radio, and one speaker in the center of the dash that B&O system sounds damn good to me. I glad I decided to go ahead, and spring for the LUX package.
I have a pretty damn nice 5.1.2 setup at home and it sounds great. I’ve never gotten in a car and really complained about it lol or felt the need to upgrade. I drive a 2008 F-350 Econoline van all day, everything is an upgrade over that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I saw that and knew someone would call it out.:(

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My bad you are correct. It is about $2,200 over the High package but includes all of the below...so maybe it is worth it.
1631037314807.png
Cool. It is worth it to me . . . basically for the Adaptive Cruise (I have it on my Raptor and the wife's CX5 and have become spoiled - and the plan is to park the Raptor @5 days a week and make the Wildtrak my almost daily driver so I 'need' the ACC!) and the upgraded B&O, while it may be far from perfect it will be an upgrade from the normal system and allow me to crank up Fair Warning on my way home! . . . best wishes and enjoy your rig!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Alpine in my Wrangler. As long as the B&O is on par, (or as he mentioned, slightly better), I'll be perfectly fine with it. The Alpine in my Jeep won't win any awards, but I also don't have any real complaints.

I've driven a Wildtrack without the B&O and it is not good. Not good at all.
I've had that same thought Tim. The Alpine system in the Wrangler is quite nice, and I checked the box for the LUX package in hopes the B&O will sound at least as good.

Plus, I'm addicted to the Adaptive Cruise in the wife's Mustang along with the heated steering wheel in my Wrangler. :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in theory they will but like 99% of after market subs they are still in waiting pattern to come up with a recommendation. Its a filter to come to the speaker recommends where it states:
Sorry, we haven't researched your vehicle yet, so we are unable to confirm which products fit at this time.

Some reasons why we're coming up short:

• We haven't yet found installation gear for your newer vehicle that meets our standards.
  • You have an older vehicle for which installation gear has never been available.
  • We haven't yet found an example of your vehicle to research.
  • We know that it's extremely difficult to install a car stereo or speakers in your particular vehicle.
Whatever the reason, we are always keeping an eye out for new installation parts and more vehicles to research, so keep checking our site.

If you're willing to measure your own vehicle for a custom installation, or would like to talk about other options for improving the sound in your vehicle, please call an Advisor at 1-888-955-6000.

So if dying for new gear the specs are out there and a call would work. I have some good car install places around I would trust as well. I'm as worried about the install as the selection
Yes, I think the name of the game for Crutchfield is to wait a year or so. I figured I would upgrade the audio system after a year anyway. I have some other more pressing mods :)

WARPIG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco, 17 F350, 05 Jeep LJ, 06 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty good review. Listen with headphones for best experience.

I swapped out the factory 6 speakers, with Kicker 4 inch front and rear, and Kicker 6.5 inch boat speakers in the kick panels for $300, adding 6 tweeters, for a total of 12. Not $5000 up grade Ford wanted. Now I feel the bass in my ride, and money my wallet.

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I swapped out the factory 6 speakers, with Kicker 4 inch front and rear, and Kicker 6.5 inch boat speakers in the kick panels for $300, adding 6 tweeters, for a total of 12. Not $5000 up grade Ford wanted. Now I feel the bass in my ride, and money my wallet.
Nice, so just speaker upgrades. Same radio/amp? If so, that's not bad at all.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, the B&O sounds really good...I was surprised. Hope I'm not too disappointed with the stock stereo in High.
I'm assuming at least a swap-out of all the factory speakers will be a must if you have any affinity for quality audio.