Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford: "Mike, we need you to break it to the consumer that the build and price won't be out until September without everyone loosing their $hit. Any ideas on how?"

Mike Levine: "I got this! I will tweet that it will be released in December, let that marinade on the forums for half a day, then tell them its really coming out in September. BAAAM!!! I come across looking like a hero!"

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As @Granger Ford explained, it was all semantics. Levine probably thought the question was concerning the dealer price tool, not the one customers use. Some of this stuff is probably in the weeds.

Atleast he is responding and is trying to give updates.
I didn't see Granger's post yet, but this was also my assumption. If they always call the dealer facing ordering system "the configurator" and consider it completely distinct from the web site's Build 'n Price, then Mike was on point with his answer. Though I'll be the first to admit that he probably should have anticipated the potential ambiguity, since his title does have "communications" in it. But really, I don't think we should roast the guy for this. It was a mistake, but an honest one.

We all just need to step back and have a little perspective. I mean geez, the guy is actively responding to tweets on the weekend. Take it as a courtesy and don't be surprised that the whole PR organization of Ford isn't available to proof his tweets on the weekends.

I honestly can't imagine the pressure he's under. Lets' try to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's likely not trying to piss everyone off. He's likely not grossly incompetent. It's not his fault that we're all way too tightly wound. You're going to scare him off and he's going to stop tweeting entirely if we put him in a no win situation.

Everything is going to be fine.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't see Granger's post yet, but this was also my assumption. If they always call the dealer facing ordering system "the configurator" and consider it completely distinct from the web site's Build 'n Price, then Mike was on point with his answer. Though I'll be the first to admit that he probably should have anticipated the potential ambiguity, since his title does have "communications" in it. But really, I don't think we should roast the guy for this. It was a mistake, but an honest one.

We all just need to step back and have a little perspective. I mean geez, the guy is actively responding to tweets on the weekend. Take it as a courtesy and don't be surprised that the whole PR organization of Ford isn't available to proof his tweets on the weekends.

I honestly can't imagine the pressure he's under. Lets' try to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's likely not trying to piss everyone off. He's likely not grossly incompetent. It's not his fault that we're all way too tightly wound. You're going to scare him off and he's going to stop tweeting entirely if we put him in a no win situation.

I said the same, but looks like my comment was deleted.

Sponsored

tomknight

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep (3), Fiat Spider, MB ML
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

All of this, or, a guy who is alleged to be a professional at a major corporation in the process of launching a major product line shouldn't make these amateur "mistakes".

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All of this, or, a guy who is alleged to be a professional at a major corporation in the process of launching a major product line shouldn't make these amateur "mistakes".
I'm not going to argue about it. I just think you're wrong.

I like to think that Mike would even give you a break if you made careless mistake. He's probably a decent human. At least I'll give him the respect and latitude that should be afforded any decent human... until he proves himself otherwise.

I'm just not going to blame the guy because he doesn't define every term in his tweet.

I mean is this what social media is turning us all into?

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That could be said with anyone on Social Media. Especially half the people going bat shit crazy on the initial thread. :sneaky:

I personally appreciate that he takes the time to respond to any questions on Twitter. If I were him, I would have shut it down a long time ago after I heard the the same dang questions 20 times every day.
He can't "shut it down". It's his job. Communications.

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He can't "shut it down". It's his job. Communications.
You're wrong. If they come to the conclusion that it's doing more harm than good, then no, he will stop responding casually to tweets on the weekends. Everything will have to run through their teams of lawyers and either be ignored, or take days. Frankly, I could care less. I'm not on the edge of my seat holding my breath for the next tweet to react to. I'm not looking for something or someone to be angry with because everything is not exactly as I want it to be.

But fine, if it makes you feel better to throw rotten vegetables at the guy. Go for it. Just don't expect to be treated any better when it's your turn.

Sponsored

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
But fine, if it makes you feel better to throw rotten vegetables at the guy. Go for it. Just don't expect to be treated any better when it's your turn.
I'm not throwing anything at anyone. I feel bad for the guy, and the position that he's in. But communications is his job, his only job.

enro

Black Diamond
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
HA! I was just going to post the same thing... when I checked this morning, it still redirected to the "available vehicle" page... now it's Access Denied.....
Thanks to the "Photos of your Bronco interior" hacker, they got me hooked on playing with the URL! I just purchase AF weapons for a living but this is soooo much more fun!!!!?‍?

images.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.