Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yup! Check your statements, money went to dealer you reserved with. Ford got none of the reservation money. This whole reservation process/dealer changes might have been smoother if the deposits went to them though
This is why I believe it’s such an ordeal to switch dealers. I also know 100 bucks is a tiny amount of money to a dealership or Ford but it still has to change hands.
Sponsored

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
wow they torturing us!!!

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Build & Price pre-launch waiting room 1596427813752

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First, they said August.
Then they said fall.
Then they said December.
Now they say September.

There is no confusion on our part, we just happen to have memories that last longer than 24 hours. Ford is acting like that crazy ex-boyfriend who gaslights you and pretends you're imagining things. Let's hope the same people managing communication aren't being allowed anywhere near the factory.
#1 Who said it and where?
#2 Who said it and where?
#3 Really? I encourage you to read the tweet again
#4 Now they say "September at the latest"

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is why I believe it’s such an ordeal to switch dealers. I also know 100 bucks is a tiny amount of money to a dealership or Ford but it still has to change hands.
Cody and Mike, I'm sorry for any confusion. I've had old information on both topics. When we get our Broncos, come on by the farm, I'll buy you a beer

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Big difference between misunderstanding a tweet and a tweet being confusing at best, and completely misleading at worst.

Some of us expect a bit more from official Ford statements but I get it if you don't. It's not like he's the COMMUNICATIONS manager for all of North America or anything. :rolleyes:

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cody and Mike, I'm sorry for any confusion. I've had old information on both topics. When we get our Broncos, come on by the farm, I'll buy you a beer
Haha all good. I regret to inform you though that I only drink beer of the huge variety ?. So be prepared
source.gif

ModifyMike

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No problem! :LOL: Excited to do Bronco things with Bronco Frandsss!

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the original now closed 40 page thread:

1) 1/2 the people were upset that build/price was “moved” to Dec

2) 1/2 the people were upset that the first 1/2 were upset

All of the upset could have been prevented by communicating ALL major milestones and related timing in the FAQ at launch. It would have eliminated at least a further 20% of other forum posts/subjects that have come about due to that same lack of upfront communication.

If you’re not ready to communicate that info, wait on the launch. DON’T communicate anything for the first time on Twitter.

The communication side of this, done correctly, would have taken a lot of pre-launch time and asking themselves a lot of hypothetical “what if“/“what will people want to know” questions.

Ford didn’t invest that time.
Well said!!

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Or a customer base that doesn't overreact. He answered the question correctly. Someone asked the wrong question about a "configurator" when what they actually meant was "price and build"
[/QUOTE]
Assuming they equate the internal ordering system as a configurator and the Build and Price as the website tool.

Mustang313

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (s197)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Or a customer base that doesn't overreact. He answered the question correctly. Someone asked the wrong question about a "configurator" when what they actually meant was "price and build"

Assuming they equate the internal ordering system as a configurator and the Build and Price as the website tool.
No one asked the wrong question.

You do realize that Ford itself uses the terms interchangeably right? So the confusion, if we're splitting hairs about terminology, is Ford's own creation. One would expect Ford communications, who presumably puts out these press releases, to understand this and adjust any potentially confusing answers accordingly.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...dering-begins-online-and-at-ford-dealers.html

"Customer waiting lists are growing, and traffic to the Raptor build and price configurator site on Ford.com topped 90,000 hits in the first 10 days."

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love the passion of everyone on this forum. It is extremely contagious. I'm fucking nuts for the new Bronco, like all of you. I'm dying to build and price the exact beast I want. Dying!!!

I would humbly suggest that we would all do better to remember that anticipation is half the fun. Yes FUN. I went through this bananas stuff over the release of the new Camaro back in 2010 or whatever it was, and once I had the car in the garage it was like, OK, now what? I mean, I loved it but the suspense was over. Know what I'm sayin'?

A goal in life, dreaming, looking forward to something, saving toward a goal, striving... this is all a sustaining force of its own and should be savored. Why do we work? Why do we put up with the shit every day? Why do we grind?

To be able to take care of those we love and live our passions. I work for a global tech company. I used to work for a global apparel company. Both with several billion dollar market caps. Yes, they monitor social media. Yes, they hold emergency meetings to respond to outrage or opportunity. In this day and age, they cannot afford to NOT listen to their core believers and fans. I guarantee you that Ford is listening to everything and doing the absolute best they can to make this a success and make us happy. Because our passion and a successful roll-out is truly their success. It's that simple, and that difficult, this being a HUGE launch of a new model with 7 trims and all the options.

Do I want my Bronco tomorrow? Fuckin'A I do!

But the world is a bag of shit right now and there's not a ton to look forward to. A lot of people, sadly, do not have a real passion. They have a desk, daily life, blah blah blah... But we... the Bronco dedicated... the Bronco proud... the ones who have been praying for years and years... we have THIS.

It's fucking happening.

And that's pretty dope in my opinion.

It's all gonna be all right, all right, all right.

Alright?

CR
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.