Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Could be helpful to remember that the entire launch and rollout of this vehicle is being conducted by people on laptops sitting at their kitchen tables. Yes the first tweet was poorly worded, yes there have been delays and issues in the past. At the end of the day it’s not a big deal. This debacle started 12 hours ago, its now over and done with.

With everything going on right now, large companies, which are by definition the most un-agile and inefficient, have created even more obstacles for themselves, especially in communicating to customers. Not excusing Ford, just the way it is. I don’t envy the cluster of a decision-making flowchart Levine has to go through every time he posts a tweet though...
Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly to me the build and price isn’t a huge deal. I’m going to do so much aftermarket stuff that build and price is only going to be accurate for a few months.

Knowing pricing will be good though. I’m still trending for black diamond assuming the Sasquatch isn’t insanely overpriced, but I may have to pick between black diamond and the V6. I’d really really rather get both though. Need it to be right at $45k or so to get both though.
You’ll be somebody ill be having bronco FOMO of!!?? Whatever I get will be staying stock for who knows how long! Or till about 2025 when I trade it in for a bigger and badder bronco??? I’m really wanting a badlands right off the bat and I’m also hoping to stay at about 45k! At the same time though I love my merc and I I try to keep it I gotta go down to a base! So going to be a tough choice until I see the Build and price tool!

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Someone may have pointed this out already but that may have been kind of genius on his part. We're now rejoicing about next month instead of this month simply because it's not 4 months. Good game! (I may be attributing a more Machiavellian edge to this than there is but it seemed worth thinking out loud)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would humbly suggest that we would all do better to remember that anticipation is half the fun.
Somewhat relevant, my grandfather always said this in regards to “surprise visits”. He told my parents to never even think about surprising them. Because anticipation of something, planning it out, it honestly only makes it better. Does anyone really just “surprise” their SO with an engagement ring? It may be a surprise when exactly you propose/what the ring is but you’re always going to discuss marriage and what comes along with that prior. Same thing with this in a way. Like I said earlier, sitting around a campfire and laughing about this stuff with a bunch of y’all in Moab or some god forsaken badlands is going to be amazing. The 5+ year wait is almost over.

Sponsored

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Gawd....... thank Gawd....... Happy!!!!!!!!!!!

FireSquatch

Black Diamond
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First 3 days of the build and price web page going up, people are going to pull their hair out trying to log into the website. It's a good thing I work nights ?

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somewhat relevant, my grandfather always said this in regards to “surprise visits”. He told my parents to never even think about surprising them. Because anticipation of something, planning it out, it honestly only makes it better. Does anyone really just “surprise” their SO with an engagement ring? It may be a surprise when exactly you propose/what the ring is but you’re always going to discuss marriage and what comes along with that prior. Same thing with this in a way. Like I said earlier, sitting around a campfire and laughing about this stuff with a bunch of y’all in Moab or some god forsaken badlands is going to be amazing. The 5+ year wait is almost over.
Thank you! You got my meaning!

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Build & Price pre-launch waiting room tenor

Sponsored

Fannydog

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Could be helpful to remember that the entire launch and rollout of this vehicle is being conducted by people on laptops sitting at their kitchen tables. Yes the first tweet was poorly worded, yes there have been delays and issues in the past. At the end of the day it’s not a big deal. This debacle started 12 hours ago, its now over and done with.

With everything going on right now, large companies, which are by definition the most un-agile and inefficient, have created even more obstacles for themselves, especially in communicating to customers. Not excusing Ford, just the way it is. I don’t envy the cluster of a decision-making flowchart Levine has to go through every time he posts a tweet though...
This is right and empathetic. In a company as large as Ford, every quote and optional response on Twitter has to be vetted by 30 people. Trust me. I write for social media for global firms and it's not just a dude hanging out, having a chat with us all. Having said that, I do agree that Mr. Levine and/or his communications team pooched this one. Rule of thumb is to respond asap to concerns but NOT before you can be clear and satisfy fans in some way.

I agree with members here, a formal email detailing everything they DO know and apologizing for mishaps while also explaining WHY this is complicated would have soothed a lot of souls and just been good PR/marketing in general.

I find it all fascinating, as my passion is not marketing but my day job definitely is.

NW-Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Someone may have pointed this out already but that may have been kind of genius on his part. We're now rejoicing about next month instead of this month simply because it's not 4 months. Good game! (I may be attributing a more Machiavellian edge to this than there is but it seemed worth thinking out loud)

Just logged in and missed the drama - that said, it instantly sounded like a classic sales tactic. (start with large crazy price, then use actual price to make the feel good) Focusing on the result - Ford pushing the Build and Price out a month later than the August expectation they set to the customer.

I now understand when Ford says August they mean the very last day of August at 11:59 pm.

You'd think in 2020 it would not be difficult to launch a Bronco Build and Price...heck, they already have the platform - just need assets, pricing, and the package/option logic figured out. This does not seem that hard, however, the Bronco's reservation software showed the world what maturity level their systems are in.

Meanwhile, while the workers at Ford describe how hard software is to their leadership, the world moved on without them...

Twisted6g

Wildtrak
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT, 2008 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did Ford really get the money or the Dealer? I know when I checked my statement it showed the dealers name on the reservation payment.
It goes into an account with the dealers name linked to it. The dealer does not get access to it at this point in time. When I verified my reservation deposit with my bank, it was listed as RSV1 then the dealers name and some other numbers... My guess is that this money is in limbo until an order is placed or canceled.

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.