Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hope that someone makes a stuby internal winch mount bumper. I'm really not liking how the winch mounts to the modular bumper.
Sure, along with a cruise sensor and intercooler relocation kit, should be real cheap! lol
Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooo… I reconfirmed my ‘21 order to ‘22 and stuck with the Capable Bumper because i wanted the fog light switch built in. (Planning on changing both front and rear bumpers later). Now the question is, does anyone know anything new about the capable bumper? Does it have steel front bash plates as well?? Do the end caps really come off?

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sooo… I reconfirmed my ‘21 order to ‘22 and stuck with the Capable Bumper because i wanted the fog light switch built in. (Planning on changing both front and rear bumpers later). Now the question is, does anyone know anything new about the capable bumper? Does it have steel front bash plates as well?? Do the end caps really come off?
As far as I know the end caps don’t come off but it does have steel bash plates

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As far as I know the end caps don’t come off but it does have steel bash plates
Nice! I couldn’t find a source anywhere regarding it.
As far as the end caps, i was examining a steel rear bumper and there seems to be a seam at the ends kind of like the capable front bumper. I wonder if there are trim pieces that come off depending on if you got squatch or not as it lines up better with the fender flares.

Sponsored

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! I couldn’t find a source anywhere regarding it.
As far as the end caps, i was examining a steel rear bumper and there seems to be a seam at the ends kind of like the capable front bumper. I wonder if there are trim pieces that come off depending on if you got squatch or not as it lines up better with the fender flares.
The official Bronco ordering guide is a wealth of information.

Under "standard features" of the Badlands, it says that it has full metal steel bash plates.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📒-2022-bronco-price-list-and-order-guide-released.25011/

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This clears up some confusion for me. Don't know why Capable front bumper was even on B&P then ?‍♂

BN: We currently see three options scattered across build and price. In the Bronco Build and Price tool there are three bumpers: the standard bumper, the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper, and the Capable Bumper.
  • The Standard Bumper is plastic and is the default bumper for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wild Track. It includes tow hooks that can be used for flat towing and can have fog lights installed as part of the Big Bend equipment group so you'd also see those on the Outer Banks and Wildtrack.

• The Heavy Duty Modular Bumper is standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It has a slew of features and is a required add for the brush guard and front steel bash plate options. Also, if you plan to order a winch from the factory, you'll be getting this bumper added to your order. If you're ordering a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrack and want to bring your own foglamps since it will not include the foglamps that come with those trims, this the option to get.

• We've confirmed with Ford that the Capable Front Bumper that you see in the Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrack accessory options in the Bronco Build and Price tool has been listed in error and is not available as a 2021MY option.?‍♂
Has anyone bolted a brush guard on the capable bumper? Imagine you have to drill holes?

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone bolted a brush guard on the capable bumper? Imagine you have to drill holes?
I'm interested in taking the plunge on seeing if a modular bar fits the capable. The capable is so tight to the body I can see interference. You are definitely going to have to drill holes.
Sponsored