First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So all yall dont get to twisted up on this, I am pretty sure that the "capable" bumper is/was/never will be nothing more than whatever bumper with a winch mount installed for the available warn winch. Remember when you used to hear them talk about the "winch solution" or "mounting solution". That was it. Its is something that you get when you get the winch as an accessory on whatever bumper they allow you to buy it with. Its not some great thing that was tragically taken from us. It was a nomenclature error. If yall havent heard the complicated nature of this world where we get everything immediately when we want it. Things got turned up to 11 in December of 2019, thats when the global supply chain had its first workers take a sick day in China. Bad timing for a completely new chassis, body, suspension, and interior, and aftermarket niche. But the fact that they didnt give up and just shove the sport down our throats till 2023 is very commendable. Ford has done nothing wrong that anything but Captain Hindsight could have done better.
Sponsored

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This clears up some confusion for me. Don't know why Capable front bumper was even on B&P then ?‍♂

BN: We currently see three options scattered across build and price. In the Bronco Build and Price tool there are three bumpers: the standard bumper, the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper, and the Capable Bumper.
  • The Standard Bumper is plastic and is the default bumper for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wild Track. It includes tow hooks that can be used for flat towing and can have fog lights installed as part of the Big Bend equipment group so you'd also see those on the Outer Banks and Wildtrack.

• The Heavy Duty Modular Bumper is standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It has a slew of features and is a required add for the brush guard and front steel bash plate options. Also, if you plan to order a winch from the factory, you'll be getting this bumper added to your order. If you're ordering a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrack and want to bring your own foglamps since it will not include the foglamps that come with those trims, this the option to get.

• We've confirmed with Ford that the Capable Front Bumper that you see in the Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrack accessory options in the Bronco Build and Price tool has been listed in error and is not available as a 2021MY option.?‍♂
SMDH

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So all yall dont get to twisted up on this, I am pretty sure that the "capable" bumper is/was/never will be nothing more than whatever bumper with a winch mount installed for the available warn winch. Remember when you used to hear them talk about the "winch solution" or "mounting solution". That was it. Its is something that you get when you get the winch as an accessory on whatever bumper they allow you to buy it with. Its not some great thing that was tragically taken from us. It was a nomenclature error. If yall havent heard the complicated nature of this world where we get everything immediately when we want it. Things got turned up to 11 in December of 2019, thats when the global supply chain had its first workers take a sick day in China. Bad timing for a completely new chassis, body, suspension, and interior, and aftermarket niche. But the fact that they didnt give up and just shove the sport down our throats till 2023 is very commendable. Ford has done nothing wrong that anything but Captain Hindsight could have done better.
Maholo, you’re very right. I think most understand the supply chain issues. What’s frustrating is how long it takes Ford to correct things and get accurate descriptions in the B&P.

And then when clarification is made it comes through BN and not Ford themselves.

so I think criticizing the poor communication from Ford is fair. The majority of reservations holders are not active on B6G or BN and likely take the B&P as gospel

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stay calm and use an Alan Iverson voice...
"We talkin' 'bout bumpers..."
Right. A lot of us are ditching the fb for aftermarket anyway not a big deal. A Ford supplier couldn’t meet their obligation. Sucks for Ford but I’m not butt hurt by it. Aftermarket is the way to go.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I understand some of the delay, due to covid. Yet, other manufacturers seem to be launching new models alright, more or less.

At this point, it feels like Ford launched B&P while the Bronco was nothing more than a napkin concept sketch, seeing what bumbling is still taking place.

If Ford is mucking up this so badly on simple things like B&P ... how can we have faith that they’re going to get the big items correct, like assembly quality?

The Jeep boys & girls must be watching all this and laughing through their death wobble and service visits.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maholo, you’re very right. I think most understand the supply chain issues. What’s frustrating is how long it takes Ford to correct things and get accurate descriptions in the B&P.

And then when clarification is made it comes through BN and not Ford themselves.

so I think criticizing the poor communication from Ford is fair. The majority of reservations holders are not active on B6G or BN and likely take the B&P as gospel
I know these numbers arent accurate data, but alot of people work for Ford. 190,000 it appears. If you consider them an average population sample then as the equivilent of 218 of them are now deceased and 12,973 have been ill this year because of Covid. Again these are averages based on US population. But even if those number were cut by 75% that is a hell of a toll on a company in a given year in addition to losses incurred in a normal year.

Now if we get through 2021 with this virus behind us and 2022 Ford is botching every little thing, go ahead flame on. But ya gotta understand that nearly every US company that relies on things not guaranteed is just struggling to get by. They gave us a freaking Bronco that is competitive, thats good enough for now.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

First we offer 3 bumpers ,then we cover the trail cam with winch, then cover bronco letters with brush bar,cancel capable bumper and they go crazy,and there was never a capable front bumper anyway! Our plan is working they will drop like flies!
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper Screenshot_20201225-052835_Samsung capture

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the capable bumper is doing exactly what Ford intended...it is capable of proving, yet, again, that Ford is capable of screwing something else up on this launch. It also shows that they are not capable of proofing their releases before putting them into our capable hands. I am pretty sure my ten-year-old is more capable at this point. <shakes head>
I'm officially going on record that I will not buy a New Bronco if it is in anyway touched by any B6G member's 10 or 11 year old child.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have just started a Google doc spreadsheet as the build and price like we did on here. We fixed errors within minutes, and it gave us all we needed.
Sponsored