Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are fog lights a legal requirement for vehicles in some states?
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are fog lights a legal requirement for vehicles in some states?
Well I live in the same state as you and been driving here for 43 years and have never been pulled over for not using fog lamps.

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know these numbers arent accurate data, but alot of people work for Ford. 190,000 it appears. If you consider them an average population sample then as the equivilent of 218 of them are now deceased and 12,973 have been ill this year because of Covid. Again these are averages based on US population. But even if those number were cut by 75% that is a hell of a toll on a company in a given year in addition to losses incurred in a normal year.

Now if we get through 2021 with this virus behind us and 2022 Ford is botching every little thing, go ahead flame on. But ya gotta understand that nearly every US company that relies on things not guaranteed is just struggling to get by. They gave us a freaking Bronco that is competitive, thats good enough for now.
I here you but I disagree on two points.

I work for a large org and we’ve had to face similar difficulties as Ford. The one thing you can always do despite Corona virus complications is communicate. They have not done a good job of that.

Second part I’ll dispute is they have not given us a Bronco that is competitive yet. They have promised one. There’s a difference.

it’s fantastic promise though else I wouldn’t have a day 1 res and be spending so much time on here ?

Last edited:

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was thinking the exact same thing. Aren't most of the airbags made in China because they're full of toxic chemicals?

TylerTexas

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This clears up some confusion for me. Don't know why Capable front bumper was even on B&P then ?‍♂

BN: We currently see three options scattered across build and price. In the Bronco Build and Price tool there are three bumpers: the standard bumper, the Heavy Duty Modular Bumper, and the Capable Bumper.
  • The Standard Bumper is plastic and is the default bumper for Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wild Track. It includes tow hooks that can be used for flat towing and can have fog lights installed as part of the Big Bend equipment group so you'd also see those on the Outer Banks and Wildtrack.

• The Heavy Duty Modular Bumper is standard on Black Diamond, Badlands, and First Edition. It has a slew of features and is a required add for the brush guard and front steel bash plate options. Also, if you plan to order a winch from the factory, you'll be getting this bumper added to your order. If you're ordering a Big Bend, Outer Banks, or Wildtrack and want to bring your own foglamps since it will not include the foglamps that come with those trims, this the option to get.

• We've confirmed with Ford that the Capable Front Bumper that you see in the Base, Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrack accessory options in the Bronco Build and Price tool has been listed in error and is not available as a 2021MY option.?‍♂
We are almost guaranteed another delay!!?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

LOL. Good lord Ford. They couldn’t fix a sandwich let alone the B&P at this rate.
At this point, it feels like Ford launched B&P while the Bronco was nothing more than a napkin concept sketch, seeing what bumbling is still taking place.

If Ford is mucking up this so badly on simple things like B&P ... how can we have faith that they’re going to get the big items correct, like assembly quality?
You know the internal pressure Ford is feeling, remember their Bronco team mantra:
Bronco Development Team ‘Don’t Eff It Up’
Ford Says People Told Bronco Development Team ‘Don’t Eff It Up’

You know with that kind of internal pressure, people will screw up, and each new screw up, brings more pressure and more screw ups. For those of you that think this is just a marketing or B&P team problem, remember, the mantra started on day one with the design team. To think that Engineering, Manufacturing, the Suppliers, etc. are immune to this pressure, they are not.

The "Capable Bumper" is the perfect example of this, we do not know if this is just yet another B&P screw up or issues in Engineering, Manufacturing, or the Supplier, or all of them.

For those that say you are not the least concerned with everything else at Ford, that all the screw ups are just the Marketing and B&P team problems, ask yourself, are the rest of the departments somehow completely isolated from their own screwups? I don't think anyone needs to be reminded about Brush guards blocking he camera, underseat rear vents, interiors, GVWR, etc. Yes, Ford will get though this, but 2021 may be no better than 2020.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 6EA3A9BD-223B-43E4-918B-5A66B0ADF82A
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 3DA8BD56-2D10-4246-828C-FE378540CB4D

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 477EC24E-8168-4019-B177-4300D8339E21

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper DB60D3A3-6867-45E7-917C-FE6C2DBB0459

Did some digging and found these photos. Top too pics appear to be base with black bronco lettering. Maybe we can just make our own “capable” front bumpers with accessories. Pop off the front caps bolt on shackles, fogs, new caps! Maybe? Maybe not???‍♂

Bottom pic does appear to be completely different bumper though.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper DB60D3A3-6867-45E7-917C-FE6C2DBB0459

Did some digging and found these photos. Top too pics appear to be base with black bronco lettering. Maybe we can just make our own “capable” front bumpers with accessories. Pop off the front caps bolt on shackles, fogs, new caps! Maybe? Maybe not???‍♂

Bottom pic does appear to be completely different bumper though.
Bottom pic is the “capable” bumper.
(Fogs + exposed front shackles)

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea, I kind a figured that. Maybe they ditched it for the first year because you can get almost the same look with accessories, and to make production a little easier in these tough times.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed. We have been fogged in all week. Until you actually have real fog lights you don’t realize the difference. It’s mostly in the light intensity and temperature value and the beam position. My Escape has them and didn’t even use them once this week. The Lightning had them in the air dam and were adjustable. They would turn on with only the parking lights on and worked great in the fog as they were really low. Not sure anyone would be happy with fogs that are non-adjustable mounted in the bumper for really using as fog lamps and not for the “looks”. IMO.
Most of the places I’ve lived fig lights truly were window dressing but where I am now, the fog is fairly thick and requires something powerful

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This picture is golden, thank you. Helps me plan my tow bar install.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 3DA8BD56-2D10-4246-828C-FE378540CB4D
Sponsored