JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does suck but moving on to the modular in my instead. My bet is we get to 50 pages about how bad it is and everyone is canceling their reservations over it by morning though.
That’s fine. I’ll be like George and Weezy ...

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 1610165376123

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the standard is the capable? How about they change or remove it from the B&P. It's been like that since it's release. Makes me nervous for when I take delivery on whether or not they deliver what I built. Or it's just going to be w/e they felt like building on. Or what they have on hand.

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sucks, but I was planning aftermarket steps anyway. Aftermarket will gladly take that $900 for a front bumper. Will cost a bit more but I’m looking forward to other options.

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the capable bumper is doing exactly what Ford intended...it is capable of proving, yet, again, that Ford is capable of screwing something else up on this launch. It also shows that they are not capable of proofing their releases before putting them into our capable hands. I am pretty sure my ten-year-old is more capable at this point. <shakes head>
I see you are very capable of capably pointing out the capabilities and non capabilities of Fords capabilities. Kudos. :)

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This clears up some confusion for me. Don't know why Capable front bumper was even on B&P then ?‍♂
For sure. A factory bumper is required, so dealers would have been removing new bumpers and throwing them away.

Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been BD w/Mid from the start as it will be a tow vehicle, and as someone pointed out, the other bumper has recovery loops, not tow bar attachments, so there is that.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I keep telling myself that this is just a bad dream and I will wake up soon. I’m pretty sure Ford could not be handling this any worse.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco Bumpers Explained -- Standard vs Heavy Duty Modular vs Capable Bumper 1610169709144
Sponsored