Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the same thing but in this picture, there isn’t a caliper.
64319E0A-B4B3-4E64-88AA-0A3C0E0C1950.jpeg
LOL.

Also, that frame is missing some other items that are supposed to be on a final Bronco.

Here’s the rear with the caliper in place.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610157633114
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Those are isolators that slip over the spring coils to reduce noise when the spring compresses as the suspension cycles. These are common on trucks with coil spring suspensions.
Hmm. I wonder if these would be part of the 10mm less suspension travel for the Squatch.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610170189450

does the Wrangler engine look like this too?

I'm sorry but this will be my first Ford ever .... Do all Ford engines look like this?

Last edited:

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah, so much simpler and more reliable than just adding a couple of cylinders...
If more politicians were from the engineering profession rather than the legal profession, we'd have vehicles with more cylinders and less hoses.

Just sayin'

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hmm. I wonder if these would be part of the 10mm less suspension travel for the Squatch.
Those are isolators that slip over the spring coils to reduce noise when the spring compresses as the suspension cycles. These are common on trucks with coil spring suspensions.
Great question, that is why I originally focused on them. Scaling the thickness of the isolators they appear to be about 10mm (0.394"). However, if these were the sole "spacers" that would infer the non-Squatch trims do not have isolatiors, which @Potatomafia says "are common on trucks with coil spring suspensions."

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To be honest anyone thinking about putting this bronco in the barn better think twice that mess of hoses and wires is like crack to mice and they can cause so much damage.

They do make a device that hooks to the battery that emits sound and strobes to drive them away never used it though.?
Yeah, my first reaction to the engine pic was, "Man, the rodents looking at B6G are right now doing the happy dance." Time for peppermint bags from Tractor Supply...

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Anyone else want to marvel at the size of the transmission and transfer case? These bitches are massive.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610202990882

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome but good god the engine looks like Medusa. Can there be anymore snakes, I mean hoses?

Ford has always had crowded engines but damn. Is there even an engine under there?

Sponsored

FATHORSE

Big Bend
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Twin turbos need alot of hoses! I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, to see this suspension vs the Base one that is standard on BASE, BIGBEND, and OUTERBANKS. I really consider doing FOX Shoxs and new wheel and tires through aftermarket.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've never had anything inside, just in the engine compartment. Mouse trap hit a squirrel in the head once, killed it, but I didn't find it for a couple weeks, not pleasant.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, with these nice detail shots can anyone, maybe LEGEND, tell definitively if the Bronco has IWE. Maybe on std transfer case and not advanced?
Sponsored