Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Scaling the 5.5" lug nuts, the distance from the tire mounting plate to the knuckle is about 8.75", and closer to 8.5" to the control arm. Right on top of my estimations. Going to be able to fit pretty beefy tires on stock rims, and even beefier tires when you shop aftermarket rims (which will undoubtedly have a lower offset than +55 from the factory)
Do we have a rotor diameter yet? These look on the small side.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Rear looks like an easy lift, just take the old Black and Decker drill a couple higher mounting holes, use a cutting wheel to remove what's left hanging down and ...more clearance...JK...kinda

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Makes me wonder about the 33 inch fording depth rating.......

1610037159626.png
Good lord I feel the same. Killed my Tundra in a puddle and I still taste the mud i scooped out of there to get the alternator out.

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Don't know if it has been discussed. With regards to comments on the alternator location v.s. water fording depth. From the OP's pictures, the bottom of the alternator is at the same height as the top of the front frame rail. In calm water, the water would just cover the front bumper. Is the depth enough for the occasional stream/puddle wading? (rhetorical Q)
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610051075720

Sponsored

Will2497

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm trying to learn and research as I go... But what is this circled? It seems to have current running to it.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610051075720
Yes that's the vapor canister for the evap system; filters out fumes from the fuel tank and sends it back to the engine to use as well. Usually positioned to the rear and above the fuel tank

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Alternators can be submerged. Its not ideal, but really its not ideal to submerge any part in muddy water.
I have killed an alternator fording a stream. As I came out of the water the alternator warning light was on, it turned off after revving the engine a bit but then a few days later it just completely died.

That being said if the alternator is 33.5 " high that is plenty for most river crossings.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Don't get too caught up in the advertisement. KTMs say "ready to race" but not a single KTM comes with suspension set for my weight. Still fantastic bikes.

And yeah its always the boring sections thatll get ya.
I ride an xr650r my buddies all ride ktm most of the time KTM= kant take much

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For anyone that has a good understanding of coilovers, are the Gray and Brown rings cushion overwraps on the 1st and 3rd coil? Are those typical on Coilovers?

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ SAS Coilovers

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ SAS Coilover upside down

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since the bronco is available with 16in rims and the brakes are the same across the trims they will be 11in rotors. You need 17in rims (in most cases) at least to clear a 13in rotor. That is unless ford had some super thin calipers made for this...but they look like PBR twin piston fronts maybe so not likely.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great pics.

Agree the rear shock reservoirs are gonna get torn off pretty quick. I’m sure they’ll be lower shock armor available soon for the mounting point but not sure it will cover the front facing reservoirs which are exposed on the the rear shocks. I’ll def be getting lower shock mount armor for sure once available. It looks like there just might be enough room to rotate the shocks, enough to have the reservoir sit on the back side of the shock (between the shock and the axle). We’ll see.

Also, yes, that alternator, looks low but from what I’ve heard, if you submerge the alternator it WILL work, even under water. On newer alternators, the diode bridge is a sealed unit and the coils are sealed in varnish too. Water, clean dirty or salty shouldn’t do much of anything to the sealed components in the short time it will be under water.

However, the electrical problem comes in at the brushes to the shaft and the commutator. The brass or bronze that the brushes are made of usually are impregnated with a lubricant to keep the wear and electric arcing to a minimum. But when you flood it with water you “wash“ the lube away and the electric arc may start to burn up both the brush and the commutator. So I guess with lots of water fording/muddling, you might have an issue but maybe not for rare/intermittent crossings.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
the rear looks prime for a 4 link....if someone can make that happen ( James Duff) you will get great articulation out of the rear
It is a 4 link.
Sponsored