mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To be honest anyone thinking about putting this bronco in the barn better think twice that mess of hoses and wires is like crack to mice and they can cause so much damage.

They do make a device that hooks to the battery that emits sound and strobes to drive them away never used it though.?

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Guess I should have engaged brain first. Never had a filter on top. Makes sense that it would drain out. Sure does taking them off the side!
The 3.6L V6 engine on the Wrangler also has the filter cartridge on top. Makes changing oil much easier and less messy.

Sponsored

mdonathan56

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Bad,2016 Q5 TDI, 2009 Honda Element EX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cypher

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A couple of things:

• The rear lower shock mounts stick down much lower than I was hoping. These are going to get beat to hell off road.
  • The reservoirs or whatever they are for the rear shocks are extremely exposed. May not matter in the desert but in places like the PNW where tree branches find their way into everything, that's got the potential to get damaged easily.
  • Can the CV style rear driveshaft take the abuse of being dragged across the rocks?
  • The front suspension mounting tabs look like they could easily be damaged too.
The rear shock mount location are way lower than I would like to see. people have to relocate Wrangler rear shock mounts and they are much higher. that is almost shocking to see here where you can really see how far they are down.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it humorous all the remarks about "medusa" and being "so hard to work on". As if you anticipate you'll need to conduct serious engine repair in the near future? I do concede the Medusa analogy is accurate, but if you are accustomed to working on cars this should not be deterring.

Seriously - what type of engine work are you envisioning that you'll need to do that is not covered under warranty? What are you actually worried that you personally will need to do within the first 100k miles?

Unless you are similar to me, in that I choose to do all my own vehicle maintenance, there's really no reason for the general customer to be worried about any of this.

Even if you have good reason to be worried about "all the hoses" because you actually do your own mechanic work, then why worry? THEY'RE JUST HOSES. Any respectable mechanic can spend 30 minutes with a schematic and engine bay to develop enough knowledge to know where things go and what they do. If you can't - well then maybe you should stick to your Gen 1 Bronco instead ;)

I'm jealous that with the 2.7l you get the nice oil filter canister right on top. This is super nice on my '03 6.0 Excursion. Us getting the 2.3l will be relegated back to the caveman era of screw-on filters...

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Seriously - what type of engine work are you envisioning that you'll need to do that is not covered under warranty? What are you actually worried that you personally will need to do within the first 100k miles?

Unless you are similar to me, in that I choose to do all my own vehicle maintenance, there's really no reason for the general customer to be worried about any of this.
Does anybody know if off-roaded Rangers or F150s have cracked exhaust manifold problems?

I do all my own maintenance on a JK and a TJ. I think even sparkplugs would be a pain in the ass on that mess.
Sponsored