Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like they are in the front, not rear.

1-bronco-chassis-frame-suspension-at-factory-5-jpg.jpg
Yes, good catch as these are the front tow hooks/loops For a Bronco that won’t have the HD bumper. I’m so used to looking at a Badlands that I only see the rounded tow hooks (like these on the rear) because the Badlands with HD bumper has different front tow hooks. But, below is a pic of the squachted OBX in Carb Grey and you can see with the non HD bumper it does get these rounded tow loops in the front.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 44B92FC3-1611-4E87-BCDD-002A07E53EA6
Sponsored

DetailsMatter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There must be a job opening at Ford for an engineer that can reduct the number of hoses on that engine.

Scooter

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Comet, 2011 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess Ford is still figuring out how to assemble the Bronco. This is not on the main assembly line.

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I may be missing something but are those rear rotors missing the calipers. Are these drum brakes?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know what happen to these shocks when the Bronco was tested at the Rubicon? Maybe they could turn the shock upside down.
It's a coilover so it is weight bearing. It's actually much worse than having a regular shock mount sticking down. It's a really poorly thought out placement for something that is supposed to be off-road ready.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, good catch as these are the front tow hooks/loops For a Bronco that won’t have the HD bumper. I’m so used to looking at a Badlands that I only see the rounded tow hooks (like these on the rear) because the Badlands with HD bumper has different front tow hooks. But, below is a pic of the squachted OBX in Carb Grey and you can see with the non HD bumper it does get these rounded tow loops in the front.

44B92FC3-1611-4E87-BCDD-002A07E53EA6.jpeg
The Modular and Capable bumpers have exposed tow hook locations. The standard bumper has these locations covered by the plastic (just to the left of your circle) and instead have the loops that you circled.

You can compare the shots in this thread compared to the one below, with the yellow bit designed to be exposed on the Modular/Capable bumper

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610140999437

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1610141051213

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

To be honest anyone thinking about putting this bronco in the barn better think twice that mess of hoses and wires is like crack to mice and they can cause so much damage.

They do make a device that hooks to the battery that emits sound and strobes to drive them away never used it though.?
I keep a trap set and tied to the battery of my motorhome. Catch about half a dozen a year.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I keep a trap set and tied to the battery of my motorhome. Catch about half a dozen a year.
Little buggers i believe the mouse blocker pro is the one my buddy got right after they destroyed his one of a kind porsche

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I looked under the rear end of a new Toyota 4 Runner recently (My wife says that sounds strange...) The Bronco rear suspension is shockingly similar. Maybe that's a good thing?
I'm sure it is great for ride and handling but it is extremely vulnerable the way it is designed. Probably too late though, they've been road testing it for months.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Little buggers i believe the mouse blocker pro is the one my buddy got right after they destroyed his one of a kind porsche
Thing about those is you don't know if they are working until you do or don't have damage. Removing a carcass from the trap is definitive (until the next one)

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Look closer, its 4 wheel disc brakes. If it were drum brakes, it would have drums, not discs.

Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 1-bronco-chassis-frame-suspension-at-factory-5-
I thought the same thing but in this picture, there isn’t a caliper.
Ford Bronco 2021 Bronco chassis closeups (frame, suspension, axles, hubs, engine) ???️ 64319E0A-B4B3-4E64-88AA-0A3C0E0C1950

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I thought the same thing but in this picture, there isn’t a caliper.
64319E0A-B4B3-4E64-88AA-0A3C0E0C1950.jpeg
Its just not installed yet, that is a disc brake rotor, not a brake drum. The larger rear center area is for the parking brake, so I guess you can say that is the drum portion.

main-qimg-861129fc5e51b3dd81e3dd2f99baedf1.jpg

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good lord I feel the same. Killed my Tundra in a puddle and I still taste the mud i scooped out of there to get the alternator out.
Ford might consider it "as auxiliary cooling".
Sponsored