I received an email from South Bay Ford just now, and can confirm that they will accept X-Plan on Bronco reservations.How did you confirm this?
I’ve been trying to get an answer on these specific questions since I reserved on the first day, but South Bay Ford just tells me that someone is going to call me back. Why not just respond in writing to my emails with yes or no? Because they didn’t actually ever call, I’ve called and they say someone will call me back. I guess I could go down there but if it’s this hard for them to commit to honoring X-Plan on my base model 2dr, I’m wondering how bad it’s going to be working with them on the accessories and financing.
plan pricing is good (I just found out I totally have it through my job) but I'm curious of any discounts. I'm originally from there and haven't been back in years. Would be a fun tripFrom the dealership that I am going with. Autofair Ford in Manchester, NH
I mentioned white roof options and asked about x-plan and special discounts.
I shot T&C an email yesterday, but anticipate needing to change my reservation. Will update with any news.Never had any dealings with them before but, as others have mentioned, George Coleman Ford in Travelers Rest SC is not charging ADM and has no doc fees. It’s about 2 hours away from Charlotte, in upstate SC. I have a reservation there since we have family just north of it and often visit the area.
That's strange, I just got this email today from them.correction on Lenoir City Ford fees: $699 ADM and $699 doc fee
UTultimate-That's strange, I just got this email today from them.
I am Wayne Minor, the new inventory manager for Lenoir City Ford. Currently, the best information I have is that we will be able to order the 2021 Bronco for A/Z Plan customers. We expect the order bank to open in the next 2 or 3 months. Today for example, we can order the Bronco Sport for A/Z plan customers; so we expect no difference there.
As far as additional fees, the fee authorized by Ford Motor Company for A/Z plan customers is $75, and there would be no other "add-ons" unless you purchase a service contract or maintenance plan or other product from the business office, or aftermarket items for the vehicle.
Please do not cancel your reservation. If you want to transfer your reservation to Lenoir City Ford, the instructions are below:
Terms and Conditions:
• Customer must contact the Ford CRC to begin the process at (800) 334-4375
• Each reservation number can only change dealers once
• In order to ensure customers proceed to order with the correct dealership, change dealer requests must occur before close of business on October 31st, 2020
• The change dealer process occurs real time during the request being processed by the CRC agent
• Customers will receive a change dealer confirmation via email and will be refunded their $100 and now will hold a $0 reservation at the new dealer
• The first dealer will be notified of the cancellation in WBDO and via email to the current reservation contact set up in the eCommerce portal
• The second dealer will receive notification in the normal channels: WBDO, Dealer CRM and hot alert email. This new reservation is held at $0
If we can help please let us know.
Then I specifically asked about admin and doc fees, here's his response on that.
The only fee is the $75 plus tax and license
Interesting, I just emailed the Wayne and will let you know what he says and give you his contact info if he has better news than your guy.UTultimate-
Sounds like that is for A/Z customers. I should qualify for X plan. My salesman was Chad. I’ll reach back out to them to ask about any revised fees. Thanks and Go Vols!
Here’s my text exchange ....