First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question for you about sales tax. I bought my Lexus in Reno and when I registered it in Denver, I had to pay the sales tax based on my address, not the dealership's address. So if I paid some sales tax in Reno, I would've had to pay the difference when I registered in Denver. Does it not work like this everywhere?
If you buy in WA state, the tax will be based on the location you buy from not your address. If you buy from outside of WA state, then it's based on your address and local tax (at least that's how I understand). I have bought in Burlington before just because there was a lower tax rate and it has saved me a few hundreds, so I know that's how it works. Just like when you buy the same item from Costco in Lynwood vs the Costco in Burlington for less.

??
Sponsored

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you buy in WA state, the tax will be based on the location you buy from not your address. If you buy from outside of WA state, then it's based on your address and local tax (at least that's how I understand). I have bought in Burlington before just because there was a lower tax rate and it has saved me a few hundreds, so I know that's how it works. Just like when you buy the same item from Costco in Lynwood vs the Costco in Burlington for less.

??
Thanks for the reply. I only asked because I tried doing that here in Denver. The county uses the registration address in conjunction with your bill of sale that shows tax paid to make sure you pay what they think you owe. When I spoke to the county, I actually used an example of shopping at Costco with them. Their response was “a car isn’t a pack of toilet paper.” I was honestly just shocked that all counties didn’t have those same policies. Glad it works for you and gives you accessory money!

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ken Garff Ford in American Fork Utah has told me the will be selling the new Broncos at MSRP.

Father Time

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone asked the million-dollar question, or rather a question that's worth at least a few thousand dollars to each of us. Is the Bronco going to qualify for 0% financing like the rest of the Ford lineup???

KJ in YYC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cam Clark Ford in Airdrie, Alberta will be honouring Xplan, no markup over msrp, unsure of it at this time but may off incentives for trading in a Jeep. They do charge a $599 dealership fee but this is waved with xplan. No ADM, offer a referral program of $750. Looks like I am the 85th reservation through them at this location.
Hello. Have you contacted any other Calgary area dealers with these questions? Thanks.

Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I
Has anyone asked the million-dollar question, or rather a question that's worth at least a few thousand dollars to each of us. Is the Bronco going to qualify for 0% financing like the rest of the Ford lineup???
I highly doubt that they would offer any financing specials with the Bronco for at least a couple of years. I would think once the hype settles down it will eventually have rebates or financing specials.

In a couple of years the Cybertruck and a bunch of other new SUVs and trucks from different manufacturers will be out, then the competition will go up and so will the discounts and specials.

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the reply. I only asked because I tried doing that here in Denver. The county uses the registration address in conjunction with your bill of sale that shows tax paid to make sure you pay what they think you owe. When I spoke to the county, I actually used an example of shopping at Costco with them. Their response was “a car isn’t a pack of toilet paper.” I was honestly just shocked that all counties didn’t have those same policies. Glad it works for you and gives you accessory money!
Here's a full explanation of how auto sales tax is collected in Washington state (see the link below).

Sales Tax Collection by State

To sum it all up: " ... vehicle sales taxes in Washington can range from 7.3% to 10.3% based on where the transaction is made. "

You can also look up other states from the link above.

BroncoChicken

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Lexus GX, ‘75 Bronco Sport “Buddy”
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here's a full explanation of how auto sales tax is collected in Washington state (see the link below).

Sales Tax Collection by State

To sum it all up: " ... vehicle sales taxes in Washington can range from 7.3% to 10.3% based on where the transaction is made. "

You can also look up other states from the link above.
Good to know. I wish it was like that here.

ManosBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you done business here, Manos? I live very close to this dealership and have typically used Bell Ford due to great past experience. Im waiting on word on their stance on xplan and adm.

The reason I ask is Peoria Ford is big on small print if you've driven by their dealership. This is the place with brand new Raptors with $365/mo on the window. Ive always been skeptical of their practices.
Hey Sam, sorry for delay. I just saw this. Never bought a car there. I also have a reservation at Bell Ford. Have never bought there either, but good to know you have good experience there.

I did email them asking about their xplan and adm, but no response.

truth2ak

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
mccoys2nativealaska.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everyone!

I spoke with all my Partners and we want to make sure all our Mullinax Ford dealerships are represented properly on this list.
At any Mullinax Ford dealership nationwide, we pledge:

1) NO ADM (Additional Dealer Markup) on any Bronco
2) NO Dealer Fees. PERIOD. Most dealers will hide these fees until the end. Don't be tricked. At Mullinax Ford, you will only pay state regulated sales taxes and tag/registration fees. Tax and Tag - Nothing More!
3) We will happily accept any A-X-Z-D Plan customer.
4) We are a one price dealer group. With our "Low Upfront Pricing" we monitor the competitive marketplace and strive to offer ALL our customers on ANY vehicle the BEST PRICE FIRST. With that said, we are monitoring the Bronco market closely and will offer discounts off MSRP as market conditions require us to remain competitive. At this time, Ford is not building or shipping Bronco yet so our discount may be greater at time of delivery if the marketplace dictates. You will get a GREAT DEAL at MULLINAX!

Please chose any Mullinax Ford location to reserve your Bronco today!

ALABAMA - MOBILE - Mullinax Ford Lincoln
FLORIDA - APOPKA - Mullinax Ford
FLORIDA - KISSIMMEE - Mullinax Ford
FLORIDA - LAKE PARK - Mullinax Ford
FLORIDA - NEW SMYRNA BEACH - Mullinax Ford
FLORIDA - VERO BEACH - Mullinax Ford
WASHINGTON - Olympia - Mullinax Ford

For more information, please go to mullinaxford.com

Thank you!
Chris Baron
Partner and General Manager
Mullinax Ford - Kissimmee, FL
Mullinax Ford - Olympia, WA
I have researched Mullinax Ford and as far as I can tell (unless I am missing something) they do not have (hidden) fees and just call them something else. That is why I switched my reservation to the Mullinax dealer in Florida. Since making my reservation they have already reached out to me numerous times. BTW many years ago I was one of the top new Ford auto salesmen in the US so I pretty much know where to look for the hidden fees.

Last edited:

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I talked to Mike naughton he tried to get me to switch my reservation to him. I told him I might go with someone who doing 1000 under invoice. He said "good luck with that"??
You should have told him no luck involved, just Granger Ford. Lol

mcsexton86

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tom Holzer Ford in Farmington, MI. No ADM and will honor A/X as long as its offered from Ford.

TheAxeman

Black Diamond
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Otis Ford at 32 Montauk Hwy, Quogue, NY 11959
I spoke with Mark Layburn and Chelsea Jao. They clearly stated that there would be no ADM,
They will be honoring X-plan
, and they only add a fee for title and inspection with no additional document fees.

jimmycarter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stoneham Ford in MA has said xplan is good but they are contemplating ADM on both reservations and dealer allocations based on the market/demand. :mad:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After reading through alot of the post, I believe alot of dealers might not realize we can switch our reservation to another dealer. I would suggest making them aware of that important fact before talking discount. If that (switch dealer) doesn't get their attention you might want to explain the theory "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush". If that doesn't work you might want to switch on the fact they don’t have a good business sence and does not deserve your business. And then say hello to Granger.
Sponsored