First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And since I live in Snohomish county, I get to pay an additional 1.1% RTA excise tax and it’s the gift that keeps on giving every year because it’s included (with a knockdown factor) on yearly registration! I think it cost me around $800 to register my car and motorcycle this year! Fun....!!!
We'll be paying an average of around $4K to $6K just for tax and licence fee with a Bronco (base model with few upgrades to Wildtrack with most options). That's a lot of money!!!

I'd rather go somewhere for a trip for the mountains. We don't get to see much of it anyway these days.:rolleyes:
Sponsored

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be doing the same, but taxes are based on mailing address if you buy out of state right? If so, the shipping cost and higher tax may cause those out of state dealers to ultimately cost more or not worth the hassle. Just need to get official info from Ford to the dealers showing X-plan and the build and price tool so I can start talking to them. Then it’s just a forever wait until June and beyond when the Broncos start getting delivered.
True. When buying out of state, then tax will be based on where you reside in WA state.
So, looking at the different between MSRP and Invoice price, even with $2K below MSRP or $1300 below invoice, it comes out close to buying at MSRP right here in WA. That is if you have it shipped here, because the cost of shipping (checked several freight companies) is about $1700 to $2K from east coast. The only saving would be if you go there and drive it back, which will save you around $1500.

Another option is to go with Long McArthur in Kansas, which offers free shipping at MSRP (if you finance through them).:cautious:

Like you say, probably not worth the hassle of buying from a remote dealer. At least buying local you can see the vehicle and test drive it to make sure it is to your liking before you sign the final papers. Buying remote, you are signing the papers without even seeing it and if any issues arise later (e.g., something happens to the Bronco at dealership or during shipping) you are on your own. :(:(

They say, don't ever buy a car/truck without seeing and test driving it first (unless, you have the option to void the contract and return it).
Some places like VROOM (used cars) do that and include free shipping.

KCSO71

Big Bend
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

For those in the RTA in Washington. Simply get a PO Box not in the RTA, $40 a year. Screw that BS.

Bowen Scarf in Kent, WA confirmed no ADM and lifetime power train warranty for Broncos.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I emailed 7 SoCal dealerships today. 3 have already gotten back to me. Here are the results:

California, Norco, Hemborg Ford - Will accept X-plan if Ford offers it on Bronco. Charging ADM on First Edition, but not the other models. Won’t add dealer add ons to customer orders unless you ask for it. They won’t price match other Ford dealers unless it is one in their zone.

California, Riverside, Fritts Ford - Will accept X-plan if Ford offers it on Bronco. NO ADM. Their general manager has given direction to not charge ADM. Not sure on price matching but they are waiting on more pricing info from Ford.

California, Riverside, Raceway Ford - Will accept X-plan if Ford offers it on Bronco. No markup that they’re aware of but it’s still early. They will price match. (I’m curios if they would actually price match a deal as good as granger’s, I doubt it).

Overall the folks I spoke with were very professional and had decent info. Obviously not as well informed as us here on the forums. Of three I spoke to today Fritts was the best one IMO. I’ll post again when I hear from the others

Sponsored

JungleG1337

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got an email back from Sheehy Gaithersburg, MD. They will accept X-Plan for the Bronco.

Jimlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes Benz SL550
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Talked to management at Ford of Franklin in Franklin, TN. He said no ADM (markup) but would not accept X-Plan. I told him many dealers were but no further response.

jesseryker

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Groove Ford in Centennial, CO I spoke to them they will not have any ADM and will accept X Plan

Question on the spreadsheet... for column "ADM?" does that mean they will or will not be charging additional dealer markup?
N is for No additional dealer markup, Y is yes for additional dealer markup.

jesseryker

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I contacted Sunset Ford in Sumner WA where I have my reservation but just found out they are gonna have additional dealer markups. So I’m moving my reservation as soon as I hear back from Ford On how to do it. I will also be moving all of my future services on my F-150 too!

Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UNFORTUNATE UPDATE: Gillingham Ford had a meeting today and has stated that they will do any AXZ/invoice pricing that people are eligible for. However, they will NOT match the Granger deal of $1000 below invoice. They still feel it isn't possible. They referenced the Raptor and stated that many dealerships were promising deals and then increasing it once the vehicle showed up. Something about this being in the fine print.... I don't believe that Granger would/could afford to do that. I will keep searching in Ohio for some sort of discount comparable to Granger. If I can't find anything I will likely be transferring my reservation to @Granger Ford

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
UNFORTUNATE UPDATE: Gillingham Ford had a meeting today and has stated that they will do any AXZ/invoice pricing that people are eligible for. However, they will NOT match the Granger deal of $1000 below invoice. They still feel it isn't possible. They referenced the Raptor and stated that many dealerships were promising deals and then increasing it once the vehicle showed up. Something about this being in the fine print.... I don't believe that Granger would/could afford to do that. I will keep searching in Ohio for some sort of discount comparable to Granger. If I can't find anything I will likely be transferring my reservation to @Granger Ford
Another pretender bites the dust....would have loved to be in that MO - CURLEY - LARRY meeting

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will stand by our pricing otherwise we would not have offered(y)

Jhastin4567

Wildtrak
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco U13
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just confirmed with the Sales Manager in Paso Robles CA that Paso Robles Ford will have no ADM's and will honor Xplan pricing.

Perry Ford Lincoln in San Luis Obispo CA informed me no Xplans and will be charging $10,000 above MSRP WOW!!!!
Sponsored