tmobileguy

Base
First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 F-150, '05 F-350, '13 JKU, '11 Jag XJL, '11 BMW 740LI, '05 Bentley GT
My reservation went in on the 18th and the 23rd, so I figure I'll probably be done sometime in 2032...but that's ok, more time to save that down payment. No matter how long it takes, I'm in the 'bigger down payment' crew....

ChrisMeyers

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do we even need dealers, on a slight tangent? Why not do an internet launch like they did, put the full order bank up, then you just order and someone delivers it to your house? That seems perfect in a post COVID world. Should reduce all the hassle and delays.

chipbutty

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing cool
Clubs

Why do we even need dealers, on a slight tangent? Why not do an internet launch like they did, put the full order bank up, then you just order and someone delivers it to your house? That seems perfect in a post COVID world. Should reduce all the hassle and delays.
Well yeah I guess if you like seeing lots of ppl without jobs.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Escape SE, JK Sahara
KCAP in Claycomo turns out an F-150 every 59 sec.
If I recall they had that down by a few sec a couple decades ago. Builds are a little more complex now, but they’re amazingly fast at turning out a top quality product for as complex as it is.

Wyo

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Expedition (ICON Stage 2), 2011 Ford Expedition and 1968 Ford Bronco!
F150 is made in 2 Factories
Dearborn with 10m ft2 and 4500 employees
Kansas City with 4.7m ft2 and 7000 employee (kc almost makes the Transit so half that then)

so a total of roughly 13 million ft2 and 7000 employees for JUST the f150 vs

5 million ft2 And 3200 employees to build the ranger AND bronco.
So simple math maybe 40% of what they can produce of the F150 (About the average using employee differences and square footage) says they can produce about 400K then (Ranger and Bronco combined). So they produced what 83K rangers in 2019 so that leaves space for over 300K Broncos. Would that make sense?!

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flip side if you get a 2021 in 2022, you end up with a low mileage 2021 compared to others that have been driving for a year, so makes trade in better.
Mileage will never outrun model year.

Bronco Dealer

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So simple math maybe 40% of what they can produce of the F150 (About the average using employee differences and square footage) says they can produce about 400K then (Ranger and Bronco combined). So they produced what 83K rangers in 2019 so that leaves space for over 300K Broncos. Would that make sense?!
Dearborn and KC produce two totally different models/types of F Series. My F1C’s come from KC and most of my W1E’s come from Dearborn. Transit is quite a bit more automated than F150 when it comes to production and requires less workforce.

I think you’ll see 150k yr Bronco and 50k-100k year Bronco Sport. Sport will be a good program vehicle and find itself a good home in rental fleets alongside Escape once that bounces back.

Sharpgt

Wildtrak
First Name
Allan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford GT. Shelby GT350
I guess they thought they’d sell more Bronco Sport. Not sure why higher demand for the 2 and 4 door would push back begin ship date by two months 😐
With this much demand one would think Ford would move heaven and earth to advance the delivery dates rather than push it back. if I ran a company that was 155 billion dollars in debt I would want to cash in ASAP on the demand for a new product.

Wrongco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 F150 FX4

You understand where Ford gets their money from right?

striker79

Badlands
First Name
matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 jkur
How much of this is due to covid vs overlooking logistical items like adding larger brakes to broncos with the sasquatch package? Either way it gives me time to decide what i want to do with my wrangler assuming this also doesn't mean a push back on more info and possible magazine tests.

Advertisement

Advertisement